• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

ESPN's Pat Forde: Hiring Kiffin won't help USC

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"Hiring Lane Kiffin was not exactly a iron-willed commitment to clean living. Kiffin was on staff as an offensive assistant when Bush was being showered with agent tribute. And when Kiffin bolted Tennessee after one season, he left behind a string of secondary violations and an ongoing inquiry into some way-off-campus recruiting efforts by Orange Pride hostesses.

"You'd never get anyone [on the Committee on Infractions] to admit it, but it certainly wouldn't help them [hiring Kiffin]," said an expert on NCAA infractions cases. "He has such a reputation, it couldn't have helped."

According to media reports, Kiffin misled at least one recruit -- superstar offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson. The New York Times reported that Kiffin told Hendersons and his family not to worry about potential NCAA sanctions."

Read more: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5273422

AK Gator

Gator Fan
I can understand and appreciate the allure of sending your child to play for someone like Pete Carroll. The Trojan program remained a marquee program during nearly his entire tenure, enough so that all of the rumblings of investigations and sanctions didn't really make any ripples. What I cannot understand is why a parent would be so supportive of sending their child to play for Lane Kiffin, a man with so many character flaws and recorded instances of causing problems and going back on his word. I know it's still the Trojan name and the L.A. market, but how Kiffin can be viewed as anything but a snake oil salesman is beyond me. I feel bad for the new players who might lose their scholarships and who won't be able to get bowl game exposure for two seasons, but it wasn't a secret what kind of trouble USC was in. Hopefully those who want out will be able to transfer without hassle.

ArkansasGator

Gator Fan
I do not know if USC wanted kiffin,but coaches were not intrested in the job.
There was a reason Carrol bolted the pros,Probation. Most coachs knew something was coming down and they wanted no part of the sancations. They settled for Kiffin.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
h96Bx.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema