• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

ESPN: Early forecast predicts Buckeyes, Bulldogs in title game

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
How are BYU, WVA, Clemson, and Texas Tech all in BCS bowl games?

Besides, this is ESPN. They don't like the Gators and they're almost always wrong in anything they predict, especially when it comes to college football.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
How are BYU, WVA, Clemson, and Texas Tech all in BCS bowl games?

Besides, this is ESPN. They don't like the Gators and they're almost always wrong in anything they predict, especially when it comes to college football.

If BYU goes undefeated they're in. And they have a really good chance of doing so.

West Virginia should win the Big East once again which puts them in.

Clemson should win the ACC. Although, they NEVER do what they're supposed to.

Texas Tech is the trendy pick to get the second Big XII BCS bid ahead of Missouri. The popular thought is Oklahoma will win the Big XII to get the first bid.

I remember looking at one not to long ago and they had Florida and tosu in the title game so they are just having fun with these dumb guesses.

I would be disappointed in seeing Florida not get there but i would be okay with an SEC team winning for the third year in a row. just gos to show we are the best in the SEC!!!

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Why? That's an easy victory.

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Georgia will kill Overrated State and possibly Bobby Petrino and his Arkansas team in the SEC Championship game. Also they got the Gators in the Capital One Bowl (again) against get this Ron Zook Illinois team. I would like to see that though in a BCS bowl. Florida better beat Zook's team.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan

Verne Lundquist at CBS Sports doesn't like us, either.

Also they got the Gators in the Capital One Bowl (again) against get this Ron Zook Illinois team. I would like to see that though in a BCS bowl. Florida better beat Zook's team.

Why all this media love-affair with Zook? Agreed we'd beat them in a bowl game, but I wish they'd get off our backs about the Zook firing which was justified when it happened; they still see Zook as a martyr who was wronged by big, bad Florida on 10/25/04. What would this matchup prove other than an attempt by Zook to try and get even with Florida?

All of this talk is mere speculation. I'd rather see things played out on the field and let the results speak for themselves.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I'm admit I was one of the people who wanted Zook to be fired (though I didn't agree with the timing before the Georgia game). Heck some people didn't want him to be hired in the first place. He was a defensive minded coach who in his first two seasons, his D blew five games that the Gators should have won. No wondered why the Saints didn't want him. Also the media wants to hate Florida for firing Zook, they should also hate Michigan for forcing out Lloyd Carr.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I'm admit I was one of the people who wanted Zook to be fired (though I didn't agree with the timing before the Georgia game). Heck some people didn't want him to be hired in the first place. He was a defensive minded coach who in his first two seasons, his D blew five games that the Gators should have won. No wondered why the Saints didn't want him. Also the media wants to hate Florida for firing Zook, they should also hate Michigan for forcing out Lloyd Carr.

Trust me, I was all for the Zook firing and for all the right reasons - and based on what I've read, we could have hired somebody other than Zook at the time (Mike Mularkey was supposedly interested in the job). Already the Illini players have held a "players-only" meeting, so that could be an indication that not all is peachy-keen up there in Champaign IL.

Back on topic, it's hard to predict the outcome of any season and who will wind up where - more than anything the "any given day" rule holds true. As far as I'm concerned, let the pundits and the anti-Florida Zook apologists in the media hate the Gators all they want - when we win games they seem to change their tune, and back in 2006 when all was said and done WE got the last laugh.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Trust me, I was all for the Zook firing and for all the right reasons - and based on what I've read, we could have hired somebody other than Zook at the time (Mike Mularkey was supposedly interested in the job). Already the Illini players have held a "players-only" meeting, so that could be an indication that not all is peachy-keen up there in Champaign IL.

Back on topic, it's hard to predict the outcome of any season and who will wind up where - more than anything the "any given day" rule holds true. As far as I'm concerned, let the pundits and the anti-Florida Zook apologists in the media hate the Gators all they want - when we win games they seem to change their tune, and back in 2006 when all was said and done WE got the last laugh.

Yeah the Mendenhall brothers have been all over Zook at Illinois. Mularkey was a leading candidate at the time, but Foley went with Zook. Both were practically the same coach, they were career assistants. Since then, Mularkey has gone on to be a head coach at the NFL level.

I was disappointed with the Zook hiring, and the way Zook handled the team. But he did bring in some top-tier talent despite our struggles on the field.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Mark Schlabach is a huge Georgia Bulldog homer. Anythign he says has to be taken with a grain of salt. He is more biased than anyone else at ESPN.:2guns:

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Yeah the Mendenhall brothers have been all over Zook at Illinois.

The way I see it, if Zook winds up burning his bridges at Illinois like he did at Florida with an adverse effect, he has nobody to blame but himself. There's obviously some "mutiny on the Bounty" up there if Rashard Mendenhall came out with those scathing comments about Zook. I'm not surprised; rumor has it that he tried to run one of our players off the Gators as well.

That being said, I wouldn't count on seeing the Illini back in a BCS bowl for 2009.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Mark Schlabach is a huge Georgia Bulldog homer. Anythign he says has to be taken with a grain of salt. He is more biased than anyone else at ESPN.:2guns:

ESPN as a whole needs to do a better job of removing the bias from their reporters. It's pretty sad.

Schlabach- Georgia
Mark May- USC
Trev Albert- Notre Dame
Bill Simmons- Celtics
All the baseball writers - Red Sox
Stephen A. Smith - anyone that's not white.

The list goes on and on.....

sammy

VIP Member
Georgia has a tough schedule. I don't think they'll make it out ranked high enough for the National Championship game.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Georgia might have more (proven) talent than us, but like was previously mentioned, that schedule is brutal. We win the East.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema