• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Easy, Gator fans, McCray apologizes

Bobby McCray was stunned.

“Oh no!” he said. “They did that?”

On NBC's telecast of Jacksonville's playoff victory over Pittsburgh, the starters for both teams introduced themselves. When McCray's video came on, the former Florida defensive end announced not that he was from Florida but from Homestead High.

That left the Gator Nation a bit bewildered.

Here's a guy who does the Gator chomp after every sack and he's dissing his former school?

Not really.

“That was two years ago that we did that video,” McCray said. “Paul Spicer did his high school, too. We actually did two of them. I did one for Florida and one for my high school. My dad is the head coach there and I was just trying to get him some recognition.

“I gotta tell them to change that. I didn't know they were going to use that. The Gators are mad at me? We gotta get that corrected. I need to issue a formal apology to Gator fans. Tell ’em I'm coming back to Gainesville (this offseason). I'm a Gator. Look at my locker.”

In his Jaguars locker are all kinds of orange and blue paraphernalia, including a picture of McCray in his UF uniform.

In a way, it's fitting that McCray would be trying to explain something he feels was misinterpreted.

http://gatorsports.com/article/20080110/COLUMNISTS/149309426/1044

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Thanks for posting this . My friends and I were wondering why he said he high school instead of UF. I figured there was some beef and maybe he never actually graduated so he wasn't going to give UF props anymore

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema