• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Dr. Football’s Mailbag, LSU Week

News Bot

News Bot
Dr. Football, are the shenanigans at the end of the UF-UT game common? Grabbing the center’s hand? — Ike.

Ike: I’ve seen it before. On rare occasions, it has worked when the official didn’t see it. It was a heart-stopping moment when it looked like Florida had fumbled the snap, but the refs were all over the illegal move.

Pat, as you pointed out, not all of the interceptions on Saturday were Driskel’s fault, but could be blamed partly on receiver issues, including bad route running. Opine on the impact of multiple WR coaches and this year perhaps the impact of having an inexperienced position coach in Chris Leak. – Drew.

Drew: I wondered when they elevated Leak to this position if it might not work. You don’t have to play receiver to be a good receivers coach but his lack of experience as a coach and his lack of a coach’s personality were a concern. I see a group of receivers who lack the toughness gene. How many have run out of bounds rather than be hit or had alligator arms over the middle? And whatever happened to Ahmad Fulwood?

Dr. Football, I thought a review for targeting could only reverse the players ejection, but not the penalty yardage. But in the UT game, both ejection and the penalty yardage were reversed. Even the announcers indicated during the review that the penalty could not be negated. But they said nothing after penalty call was reversed. Did the officials blow it? Thanks. — Jack.

They changed the rule during this offseason so that not only could the targeting be reversed but the penalty would be withdrawn if the player did not lead with the crown of the helmet. It’s the second one I’ve seen reversed this year.

So my question Dr. Football is this. Assuming Oregon goes undefeated from here on out, beating UCLA in the Pac-12 title game and thereby winning the Pac 12 with one loss, and assuming the first three teams in the CFP are: 1) SEC Champ, 2) FSU, 3) Oklahoma. Does a one loss Oregon team make the CFP over:

1) A one-loss SEC West runner up?

2) A one loss Michigan State, Big Ten title winner, that lost to Oregon heads up, or

3) A one loss Notre Dame (only loss to FSU).

My Answer would be yes, yes, and no. What say you? — Gary

Gary: I believe the committee is going to make every effort to get four different conferences in there so your answers are probably correct. The SEC team would have the best case. A lot would depend on which team it lost to and by how much. But let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. A lot of ball to play.

Source: GatorSports.com - Dooley's Desk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema