• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

do we have a chance for gameday

kuz318

Gator Fan
so looking at the games this week that espn or abc has I didnt see any really intriging!!!

my thoughts were

south carolina florida

ohio state penn state

or

usc arizona

the only other thing would be army navy but im not sure when that game is!!!!

WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS

The Zooker

VIP Member
Gameday was just at Southern Cal for the Oregon game so that one is out. Army/Navy has a chance given that Veterans Day is this week. Penn State has too many losses for that game to be relevant. So yeah, I think UF has a shot at this one. Given the SEC's dominance of the BCS lately, it's pretty important to see who gets to represent the East in Atlanta.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I know that Vegas does not like that Florida has failed to cover the spread in two years. Maybe there is a similar reason for ESPN not putting us on GameDay.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't see why or how Herbstreet would see us passed over...No, I figure this is more about Jo-Pa, "spreading the wealth" and hitting a venue that they think they "ought" to when there's at least a match up that is reasonably attractive, ratings-wise.
(BTW, Army/Navy is ALWAYS played early in Dec.--nowadays, it tends to be the weekend after the regular college season and before the conference championships, but in 1941 I believe it turned out to be on the last day of "peace" in America before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Sunday, December 7...virtually every man on the field--and most of those in the stadium too, for that matter--went to war shortly thereafter...so when it is played is one more tradition that resonates with history. )

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, THEY may be looking at Atlanta too, Zooker...
(Then there's UF/FSU--Hell, Zooker, the GameDay folks may be banking on the same forecast as YOU...unless: OK, man, are you their "deep throat"?)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema