• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

D-Robb makes D impact in summer debut

News Bot

News Bot
Former Florida forward Devin Robinson didn’t put up gaudy offensive numbers in his summer league debut with the Washington Wizards.

But the 6-foot-8 Robinson showed he could fill a role on the defensive end of the floor. Robinson finished with 3 points, 6 rebounds, 3 blocked shots and 2 steals in 18 minutes off the bench during Washington’s 91-88 summer league loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Saturday in Las Vegas.

Robinson is trying to latch on to the Wizards as an undrafted free agent. To do so, Robinson must prove he’s a “3-and-D” player capable of guarding wings on the perimeter while making perimeter shorts. Robinson went 0 for 3 from the floor, but did get to the foul line, making 3 in 4 trips to finish with 3 points.

“The game moved a lot faster in college,” Robinson told Wizards.com. “A lot of similarities, a lot of differences. But I felt like we went out there and played hard.”

Robinson said his goal the rest of summer league is to improve his 3-point shooting percentage while proving he can be reliable guarding the perimeter.

“Three-point shooting is definitely a focal point right now, try to get to a 3 and D type player for the next level,” Robinson said. “And the coaches are telling me to work on my ballhandling and decision making. Once I get that down, I’ll be a better player.”

Former Gator forward Canyon Barry averaged 3.6 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists in five summer league games with the New York Knicks.

Other notes:

— The Gators are still in the running for prized 2018 wing recruit Khavon Moore, who trimmed his list to 12 teams on Twitter on Monday. Other schools that remain in the mix include Clemson, Alabama, Providence, Georgia, Texas Tech, Mercer, Providence, Oklahoma, Southern Cal, UCLA and Marquette. A four-star prospect out of Macon, Ga., the 6-foot-8 Moore handles the ball like a point guard. In fact, Moore confirmed that part Mike White’s sales pitch is giving him the opportunity to play point guard for the Gators.

— Former Gator and current Boston Celtics forward Al Horford is going back to his roots. Horford is spending the summer working to reconstruct basketball courts in his native Dominican Republic. Growing up in the D.R., Horford said it was hard to find courts to practice on and wants to give others on the island a chance to develop a love for playing basketball.

The post D-Robb makes D impact in summer debut appeared first on Hoops Scoop.

Source: GatorSports.com - Hoops Scoop

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema