• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Could history repeat itself?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The last two times in Kentucky the Gators trailed, lost their starting Quarterback, and the backup came in and rallied to win. Just saying.
Hopefully we get at LEAST the win—only WITHOUT having to see Emory hurt.
If you’ve read my comments on this game elsewhere here, LF, you’ll note that at least to some extent I expect to see AR come in and contribute in his inimitably explosive fashion again—and I think the Coach is planning, COUNTING on it.
I believe that it is important—to THIS game’s outcome AND the mounting growth of this team, this season and beyond—that we not just win, but continue to steadily improve our mounting claim to consistent and confidently mistake-FREE play.
We’re not there yet—but as long as we are getting ever closer, we are definitely on the right track: The wins will come, and the rest will take care of itself.
(There’s also a warning embedded in all of that, though:
Fall back into old habits, fail to improve, regress rather than focus on detailed improvement, and like sand through our fingers it can all somehow quickly slip away.
Mullen knows it and coaches with exactly that in mind and heart—and TRIES to instill that in players he has chosen and gathered with just that process in mind. He and they ARE “getting there”, I think, as I say...how successfully will be clear in the games ahead now.
But we’re still no “fearful juggernaut” yet; it will still require resolve, selfless drive and full attention-to-detail each week if we are to even CHALLENGE the acknowledged “top teams” right through to the end of THIS season.)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Kentucky has a good run defense, so it would not surprise me if EJ5 has a rough day--whether this means not getting anywhere running or getting injured.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kentucky has a good run defense, so it would not surprise me if EJ5 has a rough day--whether this means not getting anywhere running or getting injured.
GEEZ—I mean, that sort of thing is ALWAYS out there as a possibility, and I GET the “history repeats itself” reference to what happened against UK the LAST time we were at their place (when we were losing in the 4th quarter and Franks went down in that UGLY roll-up/broken ankle, when Trask came in—and not only “SAVED THE DAY” but in effect the NEXT TWO SEASONS)—but it would be a whole different DEAL this time, in so many ways!
Here’s Emory just coming into his own, our own CURRENT “present” and “FUTURE” now evolving right before our eyes:
Mullen seems to have our program’s offense building towards sustained success right now very much like the way the “ELITE” teams who have been regularly competing for “reserved places” in the CFP have done it the last few years—Saban and Alabama being the standout example.
We are very close to establishing just that kind of potential “reload, NOT rebuild”situation at UF!
Where Franks’ injury turned out to be (arguably) somewhat fortuitous, losing Jones in similarly disastrous fashion now I think would truly be a devastating blow.
How about we throw salt over our shoulders, cross our fingers, make a magic sign and TAKE A SHOWER??!
Let us put THAT paranoid bummer aside, wipe it clear from our minds and think warm, powerfully confident thoughts instead: “Ommmm...”
Nothing but GOOD VIBES going out to THESE Florida Gators.
WE simply “WON’T. BACK. DOWN.” Period. Onward.

Escambia94

There is only one program in the nation that reloads and that is Alabama. Clemson looked as if they were in that category because they had their generational quarterback. Ohio State looked as if they were headed that way but not any more. Florida is slightly behind Clemson and Ohio State in terms of building an enduring capability to beat the likes of Kentucky without worrying. Another thing Kentucky has done that Alabama has been able to do is hire former NFL coaches.

All that to say, history can repeat itself for the Gators if they have not learned from history. Kentucky has learned that they cannot compete against Florida without changing a few things like hiring former NFL coaches (the jury is still out on that).

Escambia94

The SEC really is Alabama and Georgia. The rest of us are just cannon fodder. Need more beer.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
There is only one program in the nation that reloads and that is Alabama. Clemson looked as if they were in that category because they had their generational quarterback. Ohio State looked as if they were headed that way but not any more. Florida is slightly behind Clemson and Ohio State in terms of building an enduring capability to beat the likes of Kentucky without worrying. Another thing Kentucky has done that Alabama has been able to do is hire former NFL coaches.

All that to say, history can repeat itself for the Gators if they have not learned from history. Kentucky has learned that they cannot compete against Florida without changing a few things like hiring former NFL coaches (the jury is still out on that).

Clemson had TWO generational QBs (Deshaun Watson was the second-ranked QB in 2014, ahead of Will Grier). Surprised because the guy they have played well in those two games last season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema