• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

copied from a GATOR message board....

preachinGator

VIP Member
September 27, 2007 7:35 pm

if you had the chance to get Spurrier back or stay with Meyer, which would you choose??

September 27, 2007 9:16 pm

I gotta way in on this one.....even though I am a FSU fan (which is why I am on your message board, our message board is as lame as our starting QB).

I like Meyer and what he has done, but the best offensive mind in college football is Steve.... Those teams in the 90's were fun to watch.

Now with that said.....don't you have QB you might like to trade?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
FSU would kill for any QB on our roster...

But back to the question. At this point, I would not trade Meyer for Spurrier. We've seen what Spurrier can do. There's no telling what Meyer could do right now. He's very young and bringing up top ranked talent every single year. If Meyer stays for as many years as Spurrier, he'll come out with more then 1 NC.

greggcowan

VIP Member
Im 100% behind you 2 bits.... Myer is more than a quality coach. He, along with Rodruigez (WVU) are litterally reinventing the game. Spurrier recruited the specific atheletes he needed for his system. If he didn't have them...the system failed. Myer simply recruits speed and turns it into it's own system. What we are seeing is the future of football. Eventually the rest of the nation will catch up and catch on. But in the mean time, we are the standard. Gotta love it!

GATORSBABY23

Gator Fan
With All Due Respect To Meyer And What He's Done For Florida So Early In His Career, I Love Steve Spurrier And Ofcourse I'd Love To See Him Back, Honestly, I Just Wonder Where The Gators Would Be If He Hadn't Left? Oh Wel, Coach Meyer Has Proved Himself, So Enough Said!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema