• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Coaching Hot Seat

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
As miserable as Florida fans are this week, imagine fanbases represented by the hottest seats in coaching carousel.
  1. Jimbo Fisher (aTm)
  2. Jeff Scott (USF)
  3. David Shaw (Stanford)
  4. Karl Dorrell (Colorado)
  5. Scot Loeffler (Bowling Green)
  6. Marcus Freeman (Notre Dame)
  7. Ken Niamaratulolo (Navy)
  8. Butch Jones (Arkansas St)
  9. Geoff Collins (Ga Tech)
  10. Steve Sarkisian (Texas)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't like Jimbo (of course)--but I wonder if those fans and Boosters are realistic in thinking they can get a Coach BETTER suited to running that program...MY attitude is "YEAH--Go ahead and fire him...SEE if you get anywhere with someone else!"
I am even LESS convinced that USF people have their heads on straight: DID they not WATCH that game last night? THAT was COACHING that made the difference--had a team WAY INFERIOR in speed and general talent PREPARED: Ready, willing and damn near ABLE to beat their "Big Boy/Upstate GORILLA-in-the-Room" opponent ON THE ROPES late in the game. That at the very LEAST shuts them all UP for a bit, no?
I'll refrain from comment elsewhere on this list: I am generally just too ignorant of the local details, I'm afraid--exceot for the very last (Steve Sarkisian), where it is true that there IS already a vocal portion of local cynics who have early soured on Sarkisian...In truth many of these weren't thrilled with the hire in the FIRST place.
Beyond that, many of these are beyond even Gator fans in their somewhat (in my view) UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS, the deserving of some inherent "historic preodination" somehow reserving an inevitable PLACE FOR TEXAS IN THE ELITE SCHEME OF THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL UNIVERSE: Were such folks a similarly dominant and vocal part of the Gator power structure, we'd have a loud, rising crescendo calling for BILLY'S head by Monday morning--if not already!
So yes, we are "miserable" today in the "Aftermath" of a "bad win"--where OTHERS have discovered there IS such a thing as well.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I don't like Jimbo (of course)--but I wonder if those fans and Boosters are realistic in thinking they can get a Coach BETTER suited to running that program...MY attitude is "YEAH--Go ahead and fire him...SEE if you get anywhere with someone else!"
I am even LESS convinced that USF people have their heads on straight: DID they not WATCH that game last night? THAT was COACHING that made the difference--had a team WAY INFERIOR in speed and general talent PREPARED: Ready, willing and damn near ABLE to beat their "Big Boy/Upstate GORILLA-in-the-Room" opponent ON THE ROPES late in the game. That at the very LEAST shuts them all UP for a bit, no?
I'll refrain from comment elsewhere on this list: I am generally just too ignorant of the local details, I'm afraid--exceot for the very last (Steve Sarkisian), where it is true that there IS already a vocal portion of local cynics who have early soured on Sarkisian...In truth many of these weren't thrilled with the hire in the FIRST place.
Beyond that, many of these are beyond even Gator fans in their somewhat (in my view) UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS, the deserving of some inherent "historic preodination" somehow reserving an inevitable PLACE FOR TEXAS IN THE ELITE SCHEME OF THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL UNIVERSE: Were such folks a similarly dominant and vocal part of the Gator power structure, we'd have a loud, rising crescendo calling for BILLY'S head by Monday morning--if not already!
So yes, we are "miserable" today in the "Aftermath" of a "bad win"--where OTHERS have discovered there IS such a thing as well.
This is just the fan perception of the coaching hot seat and it not representative of reality. aTm cannot afford to fire Dumbo Fisher for less than $80M until 2026. After that the price drops to a more reasonable $20M or something like that. Remember that Dan Mullen was not on the hot seat when he was fired, no matter how much the fans screamed and cried.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is just the fan perception of the coaching hot seat and it not representative of reality. aTm cannot afford to fire Dumbo Fisher for less than $80M until 2026. After that the price drops to a more reasonable $20M or something like that. Remember that Dan Mullen was not on the hot seat when he was fired, no matter how much the fans screamed and cried.
Yes, and though I'd forgotten to figure in the various "buy out price" factors limiting the likelihood of impending firings in some cases, It is worth noting that sometimes these turn out NOT ENOUGH to forestall the axe after ALL...
Then there are those instances where some such situations develop OUTSIDE "the usual condiderations" (like for Mullen late LAST season--AND by the way the guy directly preceding him: Jim MacEllwaine, for different but just as "neurotic/idiosyncratic" reasons HIMSELF)--in both of THOSE cases, our financial "health" rendered the "buyout price" mainly irrelevant.
Texas is similarly "healthy" in this regard (by most accounts in fact "the wealthiest institution in the CFB"), so that WON'T likely be a factor should Sarkisian TRULY find himself on the hotseat
The situation for Fisher and A&M is more obscure--and that IS a big discrepancy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema