• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chris Leak an 8 on the Wonderlic?

sammy

VIP Member
I heard on Jim Rome today that it is speculated that Chris Leak scored an 8 on his Wonderlic. This coming fro a 3.5 GPA student it doesn't make sense.

I've also read that he scored an 8/12 and that he just took a small test because he didn't have time. Which is pretty good.

What's your take?

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
Dangit, I wish people would quit with this stupid stuff (and I'm not saying this to you because you just heard it from a source on ESPN). Leak did NOT score an 8 on the wonderlic. That would make him the stupidest QB to take it since 1999 and would make him one of the lowest scores ever. That site that reported it originally got the score from Chris' performance on Pro Day last year. Leak took a 12 problem version of the 50 problem test and got an 8. That corresponds to something around a 33 on the actual test, which would put him at least in the top 20% I'm sure. There was something posted by one of the Gator writers the other day explaining this, but poor Chris is getting a bad wrap because of it. Stuff like this really irritates me as Chris does NOT deserve this.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
didn't Vince Young score EXTREMELY low last year?

It was rumored he got a 6 I think.

The wonderlic doesn't mean jack sqaut anyways. Some of the best players in the NFL have low scores. John Henderson probably scored a 2 and would you want to be face to face with him?

blueshoesnb

VIP Member
yeah young scored like 10 or under i think and then got the chance to retake it and scored much better. even if he did score an 8 what the hell does it matter, it asks stuff like if I have 64 crayons and 4 are green 2 are red 6 are blue, whats the the chance Ill get a blue?

wtf does it matter?! If my qb sucks are percentages o well, the only % im worried about is his td %. I dont care if he cant add 68+45+17-4. They have like 12 minutes to answer 50 questions that have nothing to do with football what so ever. The kind of questions that need to be asked are if your first 3 recievers are covered whats your next move.there are only a select few coaches in the nfl who actualy even look at the wonderlic scores. o well if I was takin it I would christmas tree it, it means nothing.

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
I think the point a lot of you is missing is that the score of 8 that is being posted as Leak's score is inaccurate (maybe not so much as inaccurate, but completely misleading). It is not on the whole Wonderlic, only on a smaller sample that he took on Pro Day at UF. He received an 8 out of 12 while the main test is out of 50. If you figure that out, it corresponds to approximately a 33 on the real test. While I do agree the Wonderlic is overrated and not all that predictive of NFL success, Leak is being unfairly labeled as stupid because people don't understand the score that was posted. It was pulled off an unofficial site where the guy compiles scores based on what he has been told by scouts and media reports and stuff. It wasn't clearly labeled that Leak's score was only out of 12 and so people are talking in the media now about him being stupid. If he really received an 8, that puts him at near illiterate level from what I understand. He is really getting treated unfairly and I want to make sure you guys understand that.

blueshoesnb

VIP Member
haha yeah i got that much and as a Leak fan I know how smart he really is and I know everyone in this group does as well. I just cant believe how much is made about these scores on the whole test.

carolinathru&thru

VIP Member
If Leak were to take the full version of the wunderlict, I'm sure he'd do pretty well on it.

But, as blueshoes said, the test doesn't matter. Just because you have booksmarts, doesn't mean you will succeed as a qb. And just because you don't, doesn't mean you won't

It's ok. Ryan Leaf had one of the highest scores on the wonderlic and that did wonders for him didn't it?

By the way, hi guys. I'm a South Carolina fan who heard about this website and that it was better than the scout and rival stuff you find on the internet. Thought I'd come down to join the discussions

carolinathru&thru

VIP Member
It's ok. Ryan Leaf had one of the highest scores on the wonderlic and that did wonders for him didn't it?

By the way, hi guys. I'm a South Carolina fan who heard about this website and that it was better than the scout and rival stuff you find on the internet. Thought I'd come down to join the discussions

Hey carolinafan, did you hear this from me on cockytalk? If so, thanks for joining, if not, welcome anyway

Kevin

Gator Fan
If a QB can throw the ball and read defenses, he could be illiterate for all I care, as long as he wins games.
All i can say is that usc better be glad mitchell's gone cuz the only thing he was good at was throwing interceptions. I'm a g8r gan and i really look forward to seeing what garcia makes out of next season. My brother is a gamecock fan and i'll call him l8r and see if he wants to join too. Yall could start your own little thread!!

Leakfan12

VIP Member
If a QB can throw the ball and read defenses, he could be illiterate for all I care, as long as he wins games.

Here, here. Ryan Leaf got a high wonderlic score, Really? I'm guessing character wasn't a part of the test. Anybody know what Rex Grossman got on the test. He I wouldn't be surprise if Grossman got a 8 or lower.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema