• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Calathes is a man child

rawdog

VIP Member
Last night Calathes scored 21 points, had 4 rebounds and 4 assists. :Banana: I am super impressed with how well he's played as a Freshman. If he continues to grow throughout this season and next, we could be in for another National Championship run in 09.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Last night Calathes scored 21 points, had 4 rebounds and 4 assists. :Banana: I am super impressed with how well he's played as a Freshman. If he continues to grow throughout this season and next, we could be in for another National Championship run in 09.

Nick is a great player. Hubert Davis (from yes, ESPN) said in a blog on ESPN recently that Nick is the best freshman in the Nation this year. He said he doesn't score the most or get the most rebounds or even assists or the best stats or even most attention, but that he raises the level of his teammates and makes everyone around him better. He is that good. He also mentioned many people were comparing him to Steve Nash at the Kentucky game and he played with Nash and he said NO ONE is as good as Steve Nash.

I don't know if I agree Calathes is the best freshman in the Nation, but I do agree that "stats" shouldn't solely determine a players greatness. Just because Michael Beasley scores top 5 in the Nation and is the leading rebounder in the Nation doesn't necessarily mean he is the best freshman in the Nation. Nick is a Steve Nash type player to me. Both could easily score 20+ points a game. And if Nick wanted to play strictly point guard, with his passing skills he could dish out 7-10 assists per game. No doubt about that. But he combines all the skills.

16 points per game.
4.9 rebounds per game.
5.9 assists per game (which LEADS the SEC).

He is one hell of a player and I'm glad that he is a Gator.:Banane25:

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Seems like every week Calathes keeps outscoring himself. I love this kid. A great player to watch on the court and I really like how he distributes the ball.

SexyRexy

Gator Fan
Does anyone know what kind of guy he is off the court? Is he approachable, or one of those stuck up jerks like Walsh?

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
if you don't believe he is the best freshman in the nation, then u have to agree that he is the best freshman in the nation that is gonna play college again next year

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema