• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Calathes, Gators Could Be In For a Long Season

GatorsFirst

Gator Fan
2000: Florida-125 Florida A&M-50, 2004: Florida-88 Florida A&M-51, 2007: Florida-91 Florida A&M-52.

This year: Florida: 73 Florida A&M 58. Yes, I know, very mild statistic. However, the game remained close throughout the entirety. This was only the second game I have seen all year, however...

The Gators did not play like the mighty Gators of old that I have witnessed in the past. The experience level drops off dramatically past Nick Calathes, and Walter Hodge is not showing me the dominant senior mentality I figured would surface by now. The 3 ball rarely presents itself, and guarding the three pointer shares the same fate.

However, I see tremendous potential in every player on the court. What causes my declaration of a long season lays in the laborious process of chemistry building. A certain chemistry that was feverishly taken for granted with the '04's. A certain chemistry handicapped by continuous transfers and early NBA departures of the last year.

Nick Calathes needs to really step up as a leader in Starkville, Lexington and Knoxville. If this team finds the chemistry and develops the skills necessary to survive a hostile crowd and a national television audience, they could make the NCAA tournament. Of course the bias of a big name school helps, explaining the current No. 21 ranking (key win: Washington?)

Just beware of the grueling SEC months of January, February and early March.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema