• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bush vs Harvin

GoGators01

Gator Fan
Kind of random but I was thinking with the vikings/saints game this weekend, who do you guys think would win a race between reggie bush and percy harvin? the length of the race might depend, 40 yard or 100 meter but just wondering what you guys think?

ShortBus

VIP Member
Who cares? I think percy has the quickest acceleration i've ever seen. he's just plain quick when it comes to the first 10 feet... and even then i've seen him pull away from defenders like they're running backwards after 40 yds.

GoGators01

Gator Fan
i dont know who cares. its just interesting to see these 2 playing against each other after dominating the college game in recent years.

mjfan23

VIP Member
Didnt they both run a 4.33 at the combine?

In a race its a toss up, however id take percy over reggie in a game.. Percy has a much higher upside imo.

JvilleJohnny

they are both about even in abilities, but i would take Percy...Bush seems like he has days where he doesn't wanna work, and then there is games like the other night.. but if you get Percy the ball, he makes a play. and it seems to me that Percy is faster.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Bush has already proven himself somewhat, so by seniority and experience he should get the nod until we have more data on Harvin in the pros. Bush also had more breakout plays in his rookie season playing behind an incumbent player, Deuce McAllister. Harvin has not outshined Sidney Rice as much as Bush outshined McAllister in their respective rookie seasons.

ShortBus

VIP Member
Bush has already proven himself somewhat, so by seniority and experience he should get the nod until we have more data on Harvin in the pros. Bush also had more breakout plays in his rookie season playing behind an incumbent player, Deuce McAllister. Harvin has not outshined Sidney Rice as much as Bush outshined McAllister in their respective rookie seasons.

only because harvin isn't used as much in the offense as sydney rice is... rice is favre's main goto guy.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
only because harvin isn't used as much in the offense as sydney rice is... rice is favre's main goto guy.

Bush wasn't the go-to guy either--McAllister was, at least until Bush outshined him. Granted there are differences between a 1-back offense RB and a 3-WR offense WR, so it may be an apple vs orange comparison, but it's all we have other than Combine stats and a rookie year.

GoGators01

Gator Fan
I think bush ran a 4.33 at his pro day and harvin ran a 4.41 at the combine but he definitely seems capable of running faster than that. I think they've both run around 10.4 in the 100m so i think it'd be a toss up. As for who the better player is, I think we have to wait a little while to know for sure.

Dsmif24

Gator Fan
Bush is a panzy that would rather run out of bounds then lower his head and punish someone. Percy has better football speed and is alot stronger then Reggie. Have you seen Percy this year........the man is a beast. I have seen him lower his head and kill people in the NFL this year.

GoGators01

Gator Fan
bush did run pretty physically last game, but we'll see if he keeps doing it. i saw a video from a game this year when a linebacker lined harvin up and drilled him but didnt wrap up. he just bounced off him and ran for another 20-30 yards. both are extremely strong in the weight room but thats not the same thing as the football field. ive always been impressed with how hard percy is to bring down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema