• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

BLUE OUT via Urban Meyer

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Come to think of it, has Meyer ever called out to the fans and asked for us to support the team? Maybe he has turned over a new leaf. Maybe.

Escambia94

i'm pretty sure he's issued blue outs for other games previously?

I don't recall him ever getting in front of a camera or microphone and calling for a Blue Out. I can recall the University spreading the word, but not from Meyer himself. I'm not saying we've never had a Blue Out. I'm just saying I cannot recall it coming from Meyer himself on camera or in front of a microphone like this one.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Yep He has.....
in 2009
Head Coach Urban Meyer

On this week:
“Obviously, we look forward to playing this game at home. We’re going to ask our fans to wear blue. Just getting anxious to play the first SEC game in the greatest stadium in college football in front of the best fans. We’re ready to go, and we’re going to have a good week.”
From HERE

The Zooker

VIP Member
He issues a request every home game for a certain color. Usually it's not a big deal though. You'll just see something in the Gainesville Sun about "Urban Meyer wants you to wear _______ on Saturday" and that's the end of it. But he's really pressing for it this week. Making a bigger deal out of it.

Escambia94

He issues a request every home game for a certain color. Usually it's not a big deal though. You'll just see something in the Gainesville Sun about "Urban Meyer wants you to wear _______ on Saturday" and that's the end of it. But he's really pressing for it this week. Making a bigger deal out of it.

That must be it--he is being more vocal than normal. I can remember being on campus and not hearing from him what the color of the day is, but seeing it in the paper or hearing it secondhand.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Fine with me--I'm more a "blue"-guy anyway, when it comes to clothes (insert whatever wise-ass comment you come up with).
Which actually brings up a weird problem brought my way this evening:
There's a woman I see, a "dancer" (you figure what the quotes mean), who was performing (no use going crazy with quotes) in Louisiana the last couple of weeks, returned to town tonight and came by to see me, and brought me a present--an LSU hoodie(!!!). I was stunned when I pulled it out of the bag; all I could do was (after first swearing and asking if this was a JOKE) shrug, as she burst into tears, and explain that although I guess I understand and appreciate that this was meant affectionately, she had to know I was a Gator (um, you'd have to be both incredibly thick AND self-obsessed not to know at least THIS about me), and that "there is no way in HELL I will ever wear that thing anywhere".
Well, it was a rocky reunion, to say the least, but we got it clear and settled eventually (she's crashed over there across the room, so we made it thru' the tears AND the tantrum)--she still had the receipt, and she's already got a plan to have it returned by mail...but it leaves me with a couple of questions to mull over:
1)Do folks not understand what this sort of thing means to us, how big it is in our lives?
2) Are we nuts? (This last seems to be the answer that gives her comfort, at any rate.)
I'm sure I could have handled this better, but then again, DAMN.

Escambia94

@DRU2012: I prefer orange for my Gator color only because it stands out more. Well, at least until I moved to Longhorn country. These people cannot tell the difference between burnt orange and real orange. Yeah, those colors are important. Oh, and what is so friggin' difficult about remembering that the University of Florida is not the same as Florida State University? WTFO? I don't go around confusing Texas and Texas State or Texas and Texas A&M. Now, confusing Kansas and Kansas State is understandable, but Florida and Florida State?

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
Fine with me--I'm more a "blue"-guy anyway, when it comes to clothes (insert whatever wise-ass comment you come up with).
Which actually brings up a weird problem brought my way this evening:
There's a woman I see, a "dancer" (you figure what the quotes mean), who was performing (no use going crazy with quotes) in Louisiana the last couple of weeks, returned to town tonight and came by to see me, and brought me a present--an LSU hoodie(!!!). I was stunned when I pulled it out of the bag; all I could do was (after first swearing and asking if this was a JOKE) shrug, as she burst into tears, and explain that although I guess I understand and appreciate that this was meant affectionately, she had to know I was a Gator (um, you'd have to be both incredibly thick AND self-obsessed not to know at least THIS about me), and that "there is no way in HELL I will ever wear that thing anywhere".
Well, it was a rocky reunion, to say the least, but we got it clear and settled eventually (she's crashed over there across the room, so we made it thru' the tears AND the tantrum)--she still had the receipt, and she's already got a plan to have it returned by mail...but it leaves me with a couple of questions to mull over:
1)Do folks not understand what this sort of thing means to us, how big it is in our lives?
2) Are we nuts? (This last seems to be the answer that gives her comfort, at any rate.)
I'm sure I could have handled this better, but then again, DAMN.

Oh, how funny!!!

Yes, people that know you should easily see that you are a Gator! ;)

Some people just don't get it is all.

I am sure that it is a nice hoodie. :oops:

Damn, I am still laughing.

GoGators01

Gator Fan
I've always liked the all blue uniforms. I expect urban, the team, and the swamp to be fired up Saturday! Work em silly gators!

Leakfan12

VIP Member
@DRU2012: I prefer orange for my Gator color only because it stands out more. Well, at least until I moved to Longhorn country. These people cannot tell the difference between burnt orange and real orange. Yeah, those colors are important. Oh, and what is so friggin' difficult about remembering that the University of Florida is not the same as Florida State University? WTFO? I don't go around confusing Texas and Texas State or Texas and Texas A&M. Now, confusing Kansas and Kansas State is understandable, but Florida and Florida State?

Well they tried Orange against LSU and they lost in the last minute. Also 2008 LSU game was a blue out.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, clearly y'all feel as I do on this--STRONGLY. No real surprise.
Oh yeah, and Escambria94: Man, I STILL get that UF/FSU-confusion here--and explain their faux pas in exactly the same way, by asking how they'd feel if someone lumped Texas and A&M together interchangeably.
You know, for YEARS, everywhere I went in America there'd be 'Cane and/or 'Nole shirts available in shoe and sporting goods stores, NEVER Gator stuff, at least not outside Fla. Only with the rise of our program under Urban Meyer and, finally, the coming of #15 did that ultimately change. You could EVEN find TT-shirts at malls here in Austin, at one point (one more reason I will always love the guy!).
I'm sorry, but I don't want that to change; I want it to keep growing. Gator Nation--YEAH!

Escambia94

In San Antonio, the sports stores have four sections--Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Florida Gators, and everyone else. We also have a large Gator Club, and lots of Gator grads. The new University of Texas San Antonio athletic program even picked up orange and blue as its colors.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema