• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bit of a (temporary) Side Trip

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The 2022 Schedule was just released, and though obviously we have more immediate concerns, it’s worth, maybe even demands, an (albeit brief) “look ahead”:
Six out of seven are home games to OPEN the season—and the eighth is the one in Jacksonville against UGA.
The first two, vs Utah then Kentucky, both at home, are tougher than normal to open the season (no time to start slow while we tune-up), but all in all, the overall schedule, taken as a whole presents a real opportunity, I think. ENTERING 2021 (in other words, even before this season) we were already, for various reasons and in many ways (and many quarters of fan and media following) aiming towards 2022 as perhaps our first, best chance at a full return to contention and prominence among the CFB elite. When you factor in the signs so far THIS year, the talent already here and likely on the way, further development at QB, and just about everywhere ELSE on the roster, in progress and likely to expand—well, when the time comes to turn our attention to it, “The future looks bright” INDEED!
But for NOW, I’M just beginning to accept and enjoy the idea that we MAY well be gathering ourselves for a run against the rest of the SEC, and hence the best of college football, right here and now during the balance of THIS SEASON’S scheduled competition—AND BEYOND, if we are fortunate enough to finally MAKE the CFB playoff THIS TIME.
So no doubt we’ll revisit this subject in detail and deeper examination come the end of THIS season—but for now, we turn our attention BACK to 2021’s schedule and prospective results, and hope we have little time or NEED to find ourselves focusing on “NEXT YEAR” for sometime—Hopefully AFTER accomplishing all we can in facing down whatever comes our way the REST of the way.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
The second half is going to be brutal (OK just Georgia and Texas A&M at College Station but still). LSU maybe could be a problem. Actually, it depends who Georgia's QB will be if JT Daniels leaves for the draft (fingers crossed) and how good he is if it isn't Daniels. It's hard to tell, heck all three of us thought that the Gators would have been blown out last week if we're being honest.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The second half is going to be brutal (OK just Georgia and Texas A&M at College Station but still). LSU maybe could be a problem. Actually, it depends who Georgia's QB will be if JT Daniels leaves for the draft (fingers crossed) and how good he is if it isn't Daniels. It's hard to tell, heck all three of us thought that the Gators would have been blown out last week if we're being honest.
(laughing) Can’t argue with you, LF...and yes, those are no doubt the two toughest ones left on THIS season’s schedule.
But for now, I’m inclined to trust this team and it’s staff in building momentum as we move forward from HERE;
We deal with what’s in front of us, and see how things go.
This is a team that shows resiliency and great promise—I believe we can keep growing and developing, game by game. That said, let’s see what we can BE. We’ll face “later”, whatever hurdles or challenges are ahead, when we get there.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I do not like the 2022 schedule. I doubt it happens, but I hope Texas and Oklahoma joining the conference resets the schedule and gives us something better.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I do not like the 2022 schedule. I doubt it happens, but I hope Texas and Oklahoma joining the conference resets the schedule and gives us something better.

I don't otherwise the Gators get Bama and Auburn. OK, I don't know for sure the Alabama schools going to the East makes more sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema