• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Auburn reportedly lands ex-Gator RB Blakely

News Bot

News Bot
Upon deciding to leave the Florida football program earlier this month, one of the stipulations of Mike Blakely obtaining a release from his UF scholarship was that he could not transfer to another SEC school, as well as Miami or Florida State. Apparently, the conference stipulation has been tweaked. Or Blakely’s going to pay his…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I don't like seeing our players transfer to SEC schools or rivals. I liked Blakely, but I think he would have had a lot of trouble breaking through the depth chart.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
He apparently thought so--and we don't need or want someone who doesn't have that "fire in the belly" that tells him he knows what he wants, where he wants to do it and the confidence to go after it no matter who his teammates (and potential competitors) are.
Now, this business of him ending up at Auburn (my first reaction was probably Gator-typical: "Wait--What?!! ANOTHER one? How can this be happening?") is weird--do those "stipulations" mean nothing? Did he sign something, and does it carry ANY enforcement potential or consequences if ignored?
People WANT our cast offs, can't-quite-make-its and deserters-in-the-face-of-talent, I understand that, and we know that with aggressive, successful recruiting there'll be more of all three in the seasons ahead, but there has to be SOME way of not having to keep facing them in-conference for years to come. We need to hear more about how this happened, if it DOES happen, and what we can do about limiting it in the future.

robdog

Gator Fan
I agree with CaliZona_Gator. I am happy he is doing what he wants. I just wish it was out of the conference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema