• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

At Least We're Not Texas

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The word here in Austin is that Mack is in the process of making them the pro-set/power-run team he has always secretly coveted for Big 12 domination--and you're right: they've got a ways to go, a number of recruits and restructuring-steps to be accomplished before they're back on track.
On the other hand, at least he has a plan and clear goals, so the team presumably knows where it's headed.
Can WE say the same?

Let's write down the formula for the '06 and '08 Gator teams and see what's missing.

- Dual-threat QB or passer + good tailback [Leak/Wynn, Tebow/Harvin, Driskel?/Blakely?]
- Consistent running game [same as above]
- Breakaway speed for the SO/ZR [Wynn, Harvin, Rainey/Demps?]
- Dominant defense [Reggie Nelson/Brandon Siler, Brandon Spikes/Joe Haden, ?/?]

Here is the list with the potential impact players that I know of in bold. Are we building up to a champion team? So far, FSU is leading us in the 2011 recruiting, but it is early and the recruiting process is not an exact science.

Mike Blakely RB 5-9/194 6
Clay Burton LB 6-3/230 35
Kyle Christy K 6-2/175 7
Jeff Driskel QB 6-3/225 1
Chase Hounshell OL 6-5/242 NR
Chris Johnson DB 5-10/186 35
Tommy Jordan OL 6-5/280 50
Hunter Joyer RB 6-0/245 1
A.C. Leonard TE 6-2/232 5
Javares McRoy WR 5-9/170 23
Jeoffrey Pagan DE 6-4/272 3
Louchiez Purifoy ATH 6-0/170 15
De'Ante Saunders DB 6-0/180 23
Ryan Shazier LB 6-3/205 12
Valdez Showers DB 5-11/181 34
Ja'Juan Story WR 6-3/190 26
Trip Thurman OL 6-6/302 11
Nick Waisome DB 5-10/171 9

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
BTW, I'm not so sure we lose recruits just because we lose this game, or even with such a down season--as long as it's just the ONE. What is lost in prestige and the impression of dominance is gained in the ability to more convincingly imply that there are spots and playing time available; on the whole, at least after just one bad season, I believe it's a wash, the deciding factor then likely being relationships and relative recruiting skills.
Now, the thing is, as we see being once again so clearly demonstrated on the field today, getting the talent is only part of it. We've got as much or more talent than any program in America, certainly as much as the teams we've lost (and are losing) to this season. We're missing a few pieces, sure, and it's important that we fill them (especially a big DE and a tall WR), but that isn't why we've been losing games.
Instead of being a "team in transition", this is a team in confusion--so disjointed and dispirited that it is hardly a team at this point. We all see it: no identity, and NO LEADER, on or OFF the field.
I don't know, man. Maybe I better stop here, not try to analyze ANYTHING while drinking away my expensive cognac as the Doak-crowd parties happily over there on my muted-HDTV: one pricey indulgence is the antidote for the other, right? Yeah, that's what I had in mind here. I just LOVE getting a beat-down in high definition. I'm rambling now...Sorry. Meant to make some point, I'm certain, but lost my way--like this coaching staff! This is painful, but I guess I'll go back over to the Game Thread for a peak, anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema