• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Are We About To Lose AR?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This has been first a growing whisper, then by now a “recurring” question (as in, one that keeps coming up, then fading, then coming up again) that has now found itself front and center, loud and clear once more as we approach GameDay vs FSU.
Like all of you, I really DREADED this very situation as Mullen’s regime spiraled out of control in the course of this strange season.
We simply MUST find a way to keep him. For this reason alone it may be essential we settle on and lock up our next Coach, get him in here ASAP: I gotta believe that that individual, whomever it will be, has the best shot at settling things down, keeping such a valuable piece of our prospective future here in place—along with possibly giving us any chance at saving some further portion of this recruiting class as well.
Beyond that we’ll just have to see, but should THAT much be accomplished I’d feel we’d have good cause to be much relieved.
At this point, though, the best forecast comes from Chicken Little:
“The SKY is falling!
The SKY is falling!!!”

Leakfan12

VIP Member
They might need to get an offensive-minded coach to keep AR and even then who knows. However, unless he goes to an FCS school or can claim hardship, he'll miss a season.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I have no reason to believe that AR15 would leave Gainesville unless the new coach brought in a blue chip QB. Right now none of the Gator head coach candidates have such a QB in their back pocket.

Richardson is making a decent amount of money off NIL right there in Gainesville. Maybe there is a business case for him to drop that NIL money in Gainesville and set up a new business elsewhere but I do not see it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They might need to get an offensive-minded coach to keep AR and even then who knows. However, unless he goes to an FCS school or can claim hardship, he'll miss a season.
I tend to fear a slightly more pessimistic view, like yours , Lf...However, that may well be as much because it seems so much ELSE has gone and continues to go wrong for us this season, that plus the whole business with him having that (albeit transitory) little “snit” where he took the “QB at the University of Florida” OFF of his Twitter site has had me on edge ever since.
Like you, am sweating this thing out—but (also no doubt ALSO like yourself) am HOPING that E—‘s reasoning is the one that actually turns out to be accurate.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have no reason to believe that AR15 would leave Gainesville unless the new coach brought in a blue chip QB. Right now none of the Gator head coach candidates have such a QB in their back pocket.

Richardson is making a decent amount of money off NIL right there in Gainesville. Maybe there is a business case for him to drop that NIL money in Gainesville and set up a new business elsewhere but I do not see it.
I keep losing sight of how significant all that is increasingly the case among at least a few of the higher profile undergrads out there at large, high-profile programs, AR included. I sure as hell HOPE that turns out to be the case:
I fully expect whomever is our next Coach to not only make recruiting a priority, but to IMMEDIATELY make going personally and directly to BOTH of our experienced QBs and make EVERY effort to keeping them here...and to make DAMN sure he reassures AR-15 of whatever he must to make sure that at the very least HE sticks around.
(In point of fact, with the present starters, a couple of young sons of former pro-QBs on the roster (albeit not highly-ranked recruits themselves), plus at least the one previously-snagged-under-Mullen well-thought-of future commit—if he indeed hasn’t HIMSELF already decommitted with Mullen’s firing—QB is so far the one position at which we are NOT currently lacking as we head towards the off season.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just hope you are right, that that IS “the final word” for now, and that we keep him:
More than EVER after today I think he it is pretty damn clear that he has everything necessary to be one of our great QBs...I STILL don’t understand why it took all it did, even THREE INTERCEPTIONS IN THE FIRST HALF BY EMORY JONES TODAY to FINALLY get AR into thst “QB-1” spot for the second half today: And whattaya KNOW?
He wins the GAME!
@Escambia94, you were THERE: What was it LIKE SEEING IT LIVE?
(Though I STILL say that “the right Coach” would have gone for the 1st down on 4th-and-inches there (after that blown mark of forward progress on 3rd-and-1) to put it away right there late in the 4th, instead of AGAIN “playing not-to-lose”...This is FLORIDA, and especially when you are playing at home, MIGHT be best to ask oneself, “What would SS DO?”, know what I mean?)
But regarding our quarterbacks, here’s the thing: Emory should have well-learned these lessons before NOW...
He is still making the same kinds of mistakes though.
In my view at this point he is a good BACKUP QB...But AR is the future—OUR “future”.

Escambia94

Here is some more context with AR15’s Twitter profile:
- His updated profile is more personal. He unfollowed about 500 people and kicked off several thousand followers (probably the toxic ones)
- His business pages across Instagram, Twitter, and others have grown proportionately to the unfollowed amount.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here is some more context with AR15’s Twitter profile:
- His updated profile is more personal. He unfollowed about 500 people and kicked off several thousand followers (probably the toxic ones)
- His business pages across Instagram, Twitter, and others have grown proportionately to the unfollowed amount.

Thanks, E—. I too am somewhat mollified by my having encountered much of this myself last day or so; I follow Dave and his “Gator Breakdown” musings on YouTube, have respect for him and it to a degree that I do NOT with OTHER Commentators. (I commend the attention of our fellow Gators to his work and presence online here and elsewhere on the net!).
Aside from all the CRAP “out there”, his and co.’s much “assorted GARBAGE” cluttering so MUCH OF THE general background of “MUST AVOID”that fills and inundates every nook and cranny of the online universe nowadays!
But his positive “PRO-GATOR” STUFF NEEDS OUR SUPPORT, NOT THE KIND OF “ENDORSEMENT “ WE ARE GOING OUT OF OUR WAY TO GIVE THEM HERE NOW...

Escambia94

Now that we are in the business of cycling through coaches every four years or so we should be used to the rumor madness that goes along with coaching changes: coaching hires, recruits de-committing, current players transferring, etc. My favorite unsubstantiated rumor from 2017 was that Stricklin aggressively pursued Scott Frost and Chip Kelly. None of those sources have backed up the claims that Stricklin pursued those two and whiffed, yet the same sources are fooling fans into clickbait rumors about the same crap. David Waters usually does a great job of either citing sources or outright stating that his statements are hunches. Nick Delatorre usually gets information quickly but he rarely issues corrections when his rumors are misleading. He will correct himself when reporting mistakes that were believed to be factual at the time. The others, well, if you like gossip then they are plenty of sites to choose from.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now that we are in the business of cycling through coaches every four years or so we should be used to the rumor madness that goes along with coaching changes: coaching hires, recruits de-committing, current players transferring, etc. My favorite unsubstantiated rumor from 2017 was that Stricklin aggressively pursued Scott Frost and Chip Kelly. None of those sources have backed up the claims that Stricklin pursued those two and whiffed, yet the same sources are fooling fans into clickbait rumors about the same crap. David Waters usually does a great job of either citing sources or outright stating that his statements are hunches. Nick Delatorre usually gets information quickly but he rarely issues corrections when his rumors are misleading. He will correct himself when reporting mistakes that were believed to be factual at the time. The others, well, if you like gossip then they are plenty of sites to choose from.
You DO agree that by the time it occurred, parting with Mullen was at best “an unfortunate necessity”, don’t you E—?
I TOO had been resistant, until quite late in the onrushing crescendo of events in fact surprised and unhappy to find ourselves having to face and ultimately accept this as an inevitability by the time it finally occurred—it had all turned, gone strangely, wildly “off the rails” in a seeming hurry for Mullen and the Florida Program here—in retrospect beginning with he and the team’s losing their cool during LAST season’s game hosting Mizzou, and being somehow fully embodied in a THROWN SHOE somehow turning a “certain victory” into ignominious defeat days later against LSU...
Things failed to really improve over the off-season OR into THIS one, then quickly nosedived after what had SEEMED the signs of HOPE against Bama...
Anyway, there was little left of that left by OCTOBER (!) as the season went on, I am sad to say.
I don’t KNOW how this will all turn out, what this future will bring—but I DO believe there are ample chances for us to see progress, for this Coach to bring in the people and with THEM grab a PIECE of that “FUTURE”!
Let’s hope for the best, give him the chance to make that happen. As you say, there are PLENTY of “other places” for rumors, bummers and “nay-sayers”.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Everyone is quoting this line, pointing at it as both proof of AR’s solid reaffirmation of his GATOR status and loyalty, AND somehow interpreting and RE-tweeting it as some full-on, positively encouraging “GATOR CALL-TO-ARMS”...one that I guess I don’t really GET right at the moment
I WANT to. I really DO—but truth is, I don’t really “get” the original line to begin with!!!
I feel like a bit of a dope; it’s some sorta swaggering effort to optimistically “double down” on all that’s happened and, in this way, look for HOPE in our future, right?
(I’m sorry; Guess I been a “half empty” guy for too long...
But as long as AR stays and our New Coach can get a good start on all the things we are looking, even COUNTING on him for, I’ll be HAPPY to “go with The Program” and embrace the “new attitude” (and now its apparent “tag line”) along with everyone ELSE!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...In fact, the more I think about it and look at the picture accompanying his declaration (see above: AR’s FACE says it ALL), the less I NEED to “think”about it and the MORE I am inclined to just simply GO with it like everyone ELSE...
ALRIGHT then:
“SCARED MONEY DON’T MAKE MONEY! Go GATORS!!!”

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema