• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Another blockbuster mini-series set up. Ohio St., OU to play two-game series.

I have heard all of the arguments about UF not needing to play another great team, but seeing some of these blockbuster mini-series make me long for UF to do something like this in this future. A UF/OSU mini-series would have made so much sense after recent events. I would even be in favor of halting the UF/UGA Jax game for a couple years to make sense money-wise!

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Perennial college football powers Ohio State and Oklahoma will begin a two-game series in 2016, the schools announced Tuesday.

The first game of the new series will take place Sept. 17, 2016, in Norman. It will be followed by a Sept. 16, 2017, game at Columbus.

The Ohio State-Oklahoma games will rekindle a series that has been dormant since 1983 when the Buckeyes notched a 24-14 win in Norman. The only other meeting was in 1977, when Uwe von Schamann's 41-yard field goal with two seconds remaining hoisted the Sooners to a 29-28 victory at Ohio State.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/01/15/ohiost.oklahoma.ap/index.html

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Considering the state of the SEC right now, Florida has to decide what they value more: a shot at the national title or revenue from an OOC game.

And don't forget the past BCS champions have been from the SEC and both games involved OSU getting POUNDED.

SEC's prestige carries enough weight by itself, but I'll admit it would be cool to play USC, OU, or other teams of that caliber during the regular season.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema