• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Alabama does not have a chance against Florida

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I thought Florida would dominate Alabama, but the recent fumbles by Florida and the utter domination of Alabama's running game and defensive/offense lines concerns me.

Also, Harvin may not play against Alabama, or if he does he may just be a decoy.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It sure seemed to me like the writer was being sarcastic. Bama and the writers who report on Bama are tired of everyone assuming we are going to roll over them so easily. Alabama under Nick Saban is not to be taken lightly under any circumstances. I am more afraid of losing to Alabama than I am of losing to Texas-Oklahoma-Texas Tech--not because the Big 12 is any easier than the SEC, but because Saban knows us pretty well.

GRITS523

Gator Fan
Um, yes, I would agree it was highly sarcastic. Florida needs to prepare for a tough game. Minus Harvin it'll be tougher. I'm a little nervous FL will get too cocky and not play consistent and focused. We're good but we can't give them any chances.

gogators9606

Gator Fan
We dont play well against Alabama for some reason. I think we are a better team, but I am worried. We got to hit Wilson often and slow down the run game.....

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
We dont play well against Alabama for some reason. I think we are a better team, but I am worried. We got to hit Wilson often and slow down the run game.....

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That "we don't play well against Bama" is not true. Bama fans like to point out how they beat us 31-3 in 05, but conveniently leave out that we beat them 28-13 in The Swamp in 06. We also have a winning record against them in SEC Title games (3-2).

castawaygator

VIP Member
i think we have a good chance of beating them. could we loose of course.

if we can make them one dimensional by shuting down either pass or running game they are done.
if we can get all over JP wilson, spikes will take care of coffee for some of the game. although expecting spikes+company to stop coffee and the other backs ALL game is unrealistic. but we can get to JP wilson which would cut down on the threat of jones going deep on us.

Yeah, that is what it is, we are just paranoid...

From the Sporting News
Florida vs. Oklahoma: I'm feeling really nervous about this one. Alabama has that certain something about it -- a team that can impose its will on both sides of the ball and demoralize an opponent. Either way -- Florida or Alabama -- Oklahoma will find out what defense is all about in championship games.

CBS Sports says...

BCS National Championship Game

Jan. 8
Miami
BCS #1 vs. BCS #2
Comment: With Oklahoma's thrashing of Texas Tech and victory over Oklahoma State, the Sooners jumped ahead of Texas in the BCS and earned a trip to the Big 12 title game. We predict the Sooners will beat Missouri and earn a spot in the BCS National Championship game. As for the other team ... we predict Florida will beat Alabama in the SEC Championship game, setting up a No. 1 Oklahoma vs. No. 2 Florida in Miami for the national championship. Florida would be playing for its second BCS title in the past three years, beating Ohio State two years ago. Oklahoma would be playing in its fourth title game in the decade.

From Dicky V...

"They can't hear us in Alabama, can they?" Vitale said on the broadcast. "They have no shot against the Gators when they play for the SEC title. They have no shot. Nick Saban has done a phenomenal job with that Alabama program, really brought it back, but I'm telling you, that Florida Gators team is like a juggernaut."

ESPN
As for ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit, he said on SportsCenter: "Texas Tech and Florida will play for the national championship after Florida beats Alabama."

It goes on and on. Yep, just paranoia !

castawaygator

VIP Member

From the Sporting News
Florida vs. Oklahoma: I'm feeling really nervous about this one. Alabama has that certain something about it -- a team that can impose its will on both sides of the ball and demoralize an opponent. Either way -- Florida or Alabama -- Oklahoma will find out what defense is all about in championship games.

CBS Sports says...

BCS National Championship Game

Jan. 8
Miami
BCS #1 vs. BCS #2
Comment: With Oklahoma's thrashing of Texas Tech and victory over Oklahoma State, the Sooners jumped ahead of Texas in the BCS and earned a trip to the Big 12 title game. We predict the Sooners will beat Missouri and earn a spot in the BCS National Championship game. As for the other team ... we predict Florida will beat Alabama in the SEC Championship game, setting up a No. 1 Oklahoma vs. No. 2 Florida in Miami for the national championship. Florida would be playing for its second BCS title in the past three years, beating Ohio State two years ago. Oklahoma would be playing in its fourth title game in the decade.

From Dicky V...

"They can't hear us in Alabama, can they?" Vitale said on the broadcast. "They have no shot against the Gators when they play for the SEC title. They have no shot. Nick Saban has done a phenomenal job with that Alabama program, really brought it back, but I'm telling you, that Florida Gators team is like a juggernaut."

ESPN
As for ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit, he said on SportsCenter: "Texas Tech and Florida will play for the national championship after Florida beats Alabama."

It goes on and on. Yep, just paranoia !

nice of you to use OLD quotes, obviously TT in out of it!
paranoia!!!!!!!

MahxFahn

Gator Fan

From Dicky V...

.......................................It goes on and on. Yep, just paranoia !
C'mon, Dickie V.?
laughing013.gif

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Here is a good idea. Post some quotes from a reliable source who is picking Alabama?

Don't get cocky. Florida can still lose to Bama. They are a good team. The Gator Nation doesn't need to feed the naysayers with piss-poor attitudes. There is such a thing as sore winners, just as there are sore losers. Alabama is undefeated. Give them some credit. We lost. To an unranked opponent. In our own stadium. Not everyone is convinced that our juggernaut after that loss is enough to launch us ahead of Bama or the Big-12, 1-loss teams. An argument could be made that we don't belong in the NC if we beat Bama, because the other top five in the BCS all have blemishes from RANKED teams. Again, Alabama has not lost to an unranked opponent this year. I give them credit for a good season, and I would not chide anyone for picking them to win over the Gators. That being said, the Gators need to kick some @$$, and kick it hard to convince the BCS that we belong in the NC.

bama123

Gator Fan
Gator are going to be their own bait! Remember 41-14 Bama!!!!

I want to hear from all you Florida fans give me a ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEEEE! Were gonig to shut your offense down with our Big D! I went to Bama's practice and heard how were shutting down Tebow all I have to say is Good Luck cause you'll need it! I have a joke for you Gator fans...How many UF freshman does it take to change a lightbulb? None, it's a sophomore course!! Haha!!! And ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!! WE'll be singing the Rammer Jammer!!!! And it's time to go to your state down in Miami for the NC!!!

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Really?? A Bama fan making fun of someone else's intelligence?? Why don't you go back to kissing your cousin and painting the old toilets in your front lawn. I'm glad to see you were able to put together a few numbers in sequential order though. Very impressive bama123!

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
One guy? Two article? Nice research!
Here is a good idea. Post some quotes from a reliable source who is picking Alabama?
Hey I was just obliging your request of some quotes from a reliable source. I guess specificity is not your strong suit. Do your own research next time. At least mine are referenced with links, for all we know you made yours up. Nevertheless, who cares what the media thinks about this game anyway? Our coaches and players don't. But mayyyybeee satan does and he's using the same paranoid tactic to get his ramajamabama up too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema