• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Addazio named offensive coordinator

Gator Duck

Gator Fan
From the Gator Zone, Gator Country, and Gator Sports, very good news! The article did NOT say that this change is effective immediatly, but I believe it is a safe assumption.

Gainesville, Fla. - Saturday December 27, 2008

Steve Addazio has been named offensive coordinator for the University of Florida, Gator head coach Urban Meyer announced Saturday afternoon.

Addazio, who also served as offensive coordinator at Indiana before joining UF’s staff in 2005, has been with Coach Meyer six years (four at Florida and two at Notre Dame).

“I’m excited to keep the continuity of our play calling within our current staff,” said Meyer. “Steve has played a key role in our offense in his time at Florida. Our entire offensive staff is involved in game planning and scripting plays. As always, I will remain very involved in the offensive game plan.

“We will still run the same type of offense. We will continue to put the ball in the hands of our best players, spread the field and try to take advantage of the best matchups. Billy Gonzales, Kenny Carter and John Hevesy will continue to be involved in the offensive game planning and play calling as they have all year.”

Addazio is a 23-year coaching veteran and is completing his fourth year at Florida. He will be coaching in his ninth bowl game and has been on the coaching staff of five conference champions and will be making his second coaching appearance in a National Championship game.

“I’m honored to be named offensive coordinator,” said Addazio. “I’m extremely humbled because I know it is a group effort of our offensive staff and players that have made us successful and will continue to make us successful. Coach Meyer’s track record obviously speaks for itself with his previous coordinators.”

Addazio replaces Dan Mullen, who was hired as Mississippi State’s head coach in December. Mullen is the third former offensive coordinator under Meyer to be named head coach. (Mike Sanford Head Coach at UNLV, offensive coordinator at Utah, 2002-04; Gregg Brandon former Head Coach at Bowling Green, offensive coordinator at Bowling Green, 2001-02).

Offensive Highlights and Records set by 2008 Team

• School record 587 points scored (ranked No. 1 in SEC and No. 3 in nation)
  • Only team in SEC history to score 42 or more points in seven consecutive games
  • UF leads the SEC in scoring (42.4 ppg), total offense (442.2 ypg), rushing offense (229.8 ypg) and pass efficiency (174.4).
  • Tim Tebow leads the SEC in pass efficiency (176.7) and Percy Harvin leads the SEC in scoring (8.73 ppg)

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I figured Coach Meyer would promote from within; good choice in naming Addazio our new OC. Now I wonder who he'll hire as a QB coach....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema