• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Adazzio to temple official

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Pretty well my own assessment: ie. content to see his back, though I wish both he and Temple well (as briefly explained in my comment on the oddly named "Addazio to Texas as On-line Coach").

The Zooker

VIP Member
I wish he could have stayed on in a minor role that would still allow him to recruit. It's never good to lose an ESPNU Recruiter of the Year Award recipient. A national title all begins with a solid recruiting effort.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
I wish he could have stayed on in a minor role that would still allow him to recruit. It's never good to lose an ESPNU Recruiter of the Year Award recipient. A national title all begins with a solid recruiting effort.

I want no part of the moran at Florida! my .02

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
Although it did not work as the OC, he was part of the 2 NC's here, let's not forget.

I wish him the best in his new position.

I guess I am in the Christmas spirit. :D

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Call me sentimental, and maybe it's the eggnog speaking, but I will miss the big lug. He was a good recruiter for UF and a decent offensive line coach. He helped us through our crisis last year while Urban Meyer retired and un-retired. Maybe the Gator Nation should not be so quick to hasten him out the door. Maybe he was not cut out to be an offensive coordinator in this offense, but I won't wish him any ill will. Good luck at Temple. Please do not run the dive play out there.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What else has he got?
I mean, it would turn out to be frustratingly ironic if he turned out to have some elaborate alternative, IMAGINATIVE offense ready to trot out and dazzle the fans at Temple!
Beyond all that, however, I wish he and Temple well.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
What else has he got?
I mean, it would turn out to be frustratingly ironic if he turned out to have some elaborate alternative, IMAGINATIVE offense ready to trot out and dazzle the fans at Temple!
Beyond all that, however, I wish he and Temple well.

for once i agree with DRU lol....def dont wish bad on him anywhere he goes, but im glad hes not a gator anymore, the 2 nt's hes got with us was as a O line coach when we had a beefy oline...kinda like how everyone says Tebow made meyer look good, same with the o line and adazio.

Escambia94

I think Addazio is a good practice head coach and recruiter, but not a game-time head coach. I assume that this is why the team did so well in the Sugar Bowl--Addazio did not have to adjust at game-speed. He just had to oversee practice and logistics of the bowl game. I think he will be fine at Temple as long as he is not calling the offense. If MusCHOMP does not get a recruiter familiar with the Northeast, then we will need to re-establish that recruiting hotbed or make up for it with Texas and Oklahoma recruits.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I gotta feeling we're not gonna miss a beat recruiting-wise...in fact, though we might end up taking a net hit THIS time (thanks to the vaguaries of this hiring process and the inter-bowl-to-New Year's-gap, the resulting lost time and the de-commits we've already suffered), I've got this idea growing that, if anything, 'Chomp 'n co. may just end up taking recruiting UP another notch, if that's possible--at least making it a steady, consistent reality in the seasons ahead. What you said about the wider territory, higher presence in "new" markets is part of it, but, as I say, more than anything else it's just a gut-feeling, an overall impression of a bursting, incandescent energy and spirit to go with intelligence, drive and an attention to detail.
I'm liking this hire more and more.

Escambia94

I don't know...historically teams take some kind of a a dip in recruiting and wins during a major regime change. I learned my lesson this year about getting my hopes up too high. Again, thank you 2010 Florida Gators for breaking what little optimism I had.

The Zooker

VIP Member
I'm still optimistic. We have a ton of talent. Our roster, including the incoming class, has just as much talent as any championship team I've ever seen. With the right coaching and a little luck, we can be right back in the national title picture. Nobody saw our 2006 squad pulling it off. But that's how the cards fell. A few lucky breaks here and there is all it requires as long as you have the talent (which we do) and the coaching (which we will). Our 2012 squad will be very legit with Driskel taking the snaps and our stud 2010 defensive recruits having had a couple years to get greased up.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Don't get me wrong, 'E--I'm neither expecting nor predicting a sudden "return to greatness" this next season: it's BOUND to be more of a "come back year", one of reorganizing, in certain areas rebuilding, in short, it'll take some time and a lot of hard work getting all those pieces Zooker refers to (pieces that we DO indeed have) meshed and all working together, headed in the same direction. After 2010, I'm under no illusions either...but our new Head Coach (and presumably his staff) looks to have exactly the things the outgoing regime turned out NOT to have this past season, practical AND intangible, so I think there is some cause for hope; at the least, there seems legitimate expectation that the tools may be there to work the raw materials, that not only may the free fall stop but be quickly reversed. Like Zooker, then, I believe in this way we COULD be back in the thick of things by 2012--and, meanwhile, while there will be setbacks and no DOUBT it'll be a bumpy ride, it might be a fun and hopeful ride too, so much better than the deepening, accelerating downward spiral we've been heading into for more than a year now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Did we just get "blessed"?
"Just the other night we were raising the devil...had him about 10 ft. off the floor, when suddenly--"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema