• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Absolutely GREAT article on Noah

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
I can never get enough of reading all the articles about Gator sports and our accomplishments on the court and on the field of play. However, they are easily topped by articles like this one about Noah. This is what it is truly about and what makes me so proud of so many of our Gator athletes. Even if Noah were a very average player (which he is not in any way) I would be beyond proud to say that I am a part of the Gator Nation along with him.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10012242

This isn't the only great Noah story I have read (or heard) about though. The one that probably gives me the most respect for Noah is this (I honestly don't even remember who told this story, but I believe it was a poster on another board):

This person was a big-time Gator booster and had season tickets either first row or very close for all of the basketball games. He would often take his grandson (who if I remember correctly was somewhere around 10 years old) to games with him. He loved watching Noah and they would get there early to watch them shoot around. Noah noticed the kid and would come by and high five him during every shoot around. So, one day Noah came over to high five the young kid and the boy pulled out an invitation to his birthday party and gave it to Noah. I don't remember where the guy said the grandson lived, but I believe it was somewhere around an hour away from Gainesville. That Saturday afternoon Noah showed up at that boy's birthday party. I obviously can't confirm that this story is true, but I have absolutely no reason to believe its not. If you can hear a story like that about an athlete who is as big on the national stage as Noah is and not be just utterly proud that he is a Gator....then I don't even know what to say. I seriously grin with pride every time I even re-tell that story.

Anyways, I didn't mean for this to turn into a long, emotional post. But, at only 24 myself, to read about some of these young men that are even younger than me and are thrown on to a national stage doing good like this and making a difference is very heart-warming. These type of things just make it even easier to say "It's Great to be a Florida Gator" and that I am proud to be a part of the Gator Nation.

Amanda371

VIP Member
That was a fantastic article (and so was your story!) I'm proud that Noah represents our university and the Gator Nation. I've liked him from the start and stuff like this only cements that he is a great person.

SexyRexy

Gator Fan
That's a great story, the one you told. Noah is that kind of guy. He's a stand up guy and a truly nice guy. I can't ever picture him sayiong 'no' to anyone. It meant a lot when he decided to come back for another year to play basketball. You're right when you say he loves being a gator.

He will go down as one of the best gators in history.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema