• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

a CRAZY rumor....

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I agree that Brantley should have gone to a school that suited his skills and if he went to Texas, he would have played in the national title against Bama and probably would have won. Texas also have their own issues.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And we all pay right along with JB? We're supposed to just accept the "fact" that this regime (and by your own words, that's what you are describing) does NOT intend to fit their system (such as it is--without flexibility it is merely a recipe for mediocrity) to the players, never did?
Doesn't sound like much of a "braintrust" to me. More like "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight". The sad thing is that I agree with you. I have to face the reality that is there in front of my face. I only wish our Head Coach could have done the same. The man I supported up until finally accepting the truth COULD have, WOULD have, and he'd have known exactly what he had to do to fix it--and DONE it. Now we only have Foley, our A.D>, to step in and somehow break the impasse. Otherwise we are in for a long slow slide,and an even longer climb back. Face it.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
This is our reality. We're stuck with it. We fans on the forum don't get a vote. This is how college sports works. What can we do about it? We have a support group here. We have Jack Daniels. And we have our Tim Tebow shrines.

On that note, Homecoming is very different without him on campus. The Gators really do miss him. I am starting to believe that we would not have won 2 NCs without him. Yes, 2. Not 1. The campus was electric with him around, even on the bench as a freshman.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Before we started the season I firmly believed we could win a national title with the team we have. There is no better collection of athletes out there right now. We have some minor deficiencies here and there, but so does every other program out there right now. This team is just as talented as every other national title winner this past decade. That's precisely why I don't buy the press conference statements about personnel issues. Every other team is dealing with personnel issues as well. There are some young players, there are injuries, there are veterans not living up to expectations. If everybody has the same issues then you can't use it as an excuse. Besides, deficiencies is what makes college football so fun. Coaches win by exploiting other teams' deficiencies. That's the bottom line in college. The pros is more about execution since every unit on every team is still full of NFL players. Some units may be better than others but they still are playing against top level athletes on the other side of the ball. So instead of reaching for excuses our coaches need to focus on using our strengths to attack our opponents' deficiencies and making sure they don't attack our deficiencies as well. A good coach would have looked at Alabama's deficiency in the secondary and attacked it with our strengths -- a passing quarterback with a bunch of talented receivers. But what did we do instead? Ran a buck fifty speed back right into the guts of a brutal run defense that ranks at the top of the stats. What was the result? An embarrassing loss and an injured speedy running back. Being stubborn will not win you anything big. Ask Jim Tressell about that. Being innovative will win you big things. Ask Dan Mullen about that.

Before we started the season I firmly believed we could win a national title with the team we have. There is no better collection of athletes out there right now. We have some minor deficiencies here and there, but so does every other program out there right now. This team is just as talented as every other national title winner this past decade. That's precisely why I don't buy the press conference statements about personnel issues. Every other team is dealing with personnel issues as well. There are some young players, there are injuries, there are veterans not living up to expectations. If everybody has the same issues then you can't use it as an excuse. Besides, deficiencies is what makes college football so fun. Coaches win by exploiting other teams' deficiencies. That's the bottom line in college. The pros is more about execution since every unit on every team is still full of NFL players. Some units may be better than others but they still are playing against top level athletes on the other side of the ball. So instead of reaching for excuses our coaches need to focus on using our strengths to attack our opponents' deficiencies and making sure they don't attack our deficiencies as well. A good coach would have looked at Alabama's deficiency in the secondary and attacked it with our strengths -- a passing quarterback with a bunch of talented receivers. But what did we do instead? Ran a buck fifty speed back right into the guts of a brutal run defense that ranks at the top of the stats. What was the result? An embarrassing loss and an injured speedy running back. Being stubborn will not win you anything big. Ask Jim Tressell about that. Being innovative will win you big things. Ask Dan Mullen about that.
thats not true. theres teams with better defenses, QB's, RB's, WR, there just all around better lol but i agree we shouldnt be so terrible on offense

really we're not that great so i wouldnt feel like we're really wasting championship talent(the next 2-3yrs yes) just look at our defense, its not that great especially the d-line

The Zooker

VIP Member
thats not true. theres teams with better defenses, QB's, RB's, WR,

really we're not that great so wouldnt feel like we're not really wasting championship talent just look at our defense, its not that great especially the d-line

I'm talking about on the whole. I can't name a team with a better collection of athletes. The mixture of speed, size, and strength are as good as any other squad out there. Obviously there are teams with better units than ours but that's because of how their athletes are used. And that's what everybody's point is. There's a problem with the coaching staff.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I know what you're saying. Personally, I thought this was a "reload year" while so many young guys learned their responsibilities, found their place and forged a new identity as a team (this was ESPECIALLY important with our Leader Extra-raordinaire and Coach-on-the-Field #15 having left), and NEXT year was going to be our championship run. Of course, that depended on certain assumptions I took as "givens"--like our head coach adapting his SYSTEM to the new QB HE HAD CHOSEN for the role, to name just one of many. I wasn't alone in these expectations; boy, were we wrong! About so much. As for the injuries, puttong aside for the moment that most have been the direct result of players' MIS-use in the old "Tebow-Spread" (a clunky, unimaginative approach that limited #15 himself in his effectiveness last season, was frustrating to watch and possibly cost us the SEC Championship game, our undefeated season and a third Nat'l Championship in 4 years), not only are injuries a part of EVERY teams' requiring to adapt and overcome, it only offered clearer, sooner opportunity for young, fast and talented freshmen to get on the fileld and begin their accelerated learning curve.
Hearing Coach Meyer using it as an excuse/explanation for failure is something new--one more piece of evidence that things have changed, that HE has changed, and not for the better, coaching-wise.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Regarding "facing facts", realizing #15 is really gone and how much we really miss him:
You're right--but the fact that TT is GONE is another one of those "facts", as you well know. I knew we'd miss him--but not necessarily SO MUCH on-the-field. I mean, he was akin to having a coach on the field as WELL as the consumate leader, but I thought we STILL had the best coach in the land. It's turning out that THAT guy actually took off after the 'Bama game last year, and when "he" came back, it was only his body! The "great coach" is still absent, gone to "places unknown" (cue "Twilight Zone"-theme).

Leakfan12

VIP Member
thats not true. theres teams with better defenses, QB's, RB's, WR, there just all around better lol but i agree we shouldnt be so terrible on offense

really we're not that great so i wouldnt feel like we're really wasting championship talent(the next 2-3yrs yes) just look at our defense, its not that great especially the d-line

The problem with the D-Line that instead the more talent freshmen starting, Meyer has the seniors starting and wasn't Justin Trattou a top recruit back in 2007?

The Zooker

VIP Member
The problem with the D-Line that instead the more talent freshmen starting, Meyer has the seniors starting and wasn't Justin Trattou a top recruit back in 2007?

He was a four star according to Rivals/Scout if I remember correctly. He's a great person, high character, but he just doesn't have the physical tools that we've gotten used to from our history of freak linemen. I wish we could have put his attitude and heart into Carlos Dunlap's body. He'd have ten sacks a game.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
HOLY SHEET!...there r some long azz posts on here cuz of some guy who came up and told me a rumor LMAO, I only posted it cuz I thought itd b cool LMAO didnt think it was tru and would start people questioning everything "Gator"...LMAO CHOMP CHOMP I'll simplify...

Urb = good
Adazio = bad
current D = work n progress, but not the problem

tngator15

Gator Fan
I heard of this exact one a few weeks ago before UT played UGA. A person said if UGA lost to UT that Richt would be fired and wait till the end of the year and replace the then-fired Addazio here. Obviously, that didn't happen, so I'm not sure on it now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Addazio: Bad
Meyer: Gone (No point in judging an empty shell)
Current TEAM: Talented, aimless.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema