• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2024 QB DJ Lagway commits to Florida

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Assuming he signs with Florida, DJ Lagway will be the #5 ranked QB in Gator history:
1. Brock Berlin 0.9998
2. Chris Leak 0.9940
3. Tim Tebow 0.9919
4. Jeff Driskel 0.9916
5. DJ Lagway 0.9875
6. Cam Newton 0.9850
7. John Brantley 0.9842
8. Will Grier 0.9765

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Interesting thing about the above list is that it would seem to indicate "about a 50/50 chance" of the recruit in question actually blossoming into the star he is rated/projected to be.
He looks like a good one, though ("..If, if, if...").
Fact still remains: even with Rashada already coming and Miller and a 4th-string back up still on the roster, we are probably going to be grabbing one of these guys in the transfer portal to at least get us through 2023 (and maybe help bring in some more WRs with this class?).

Escambia94

Interesting thing about the above list is that it would seem to indicate "about a 50/50 chance" of the recruit in question actually blossoming into the star he is rated/projected to be.
He looks like a good one, though ("..If, if, if...").
Fact still remains: even with Rashada already coming and Miller and a 4th-string back up still on the roster, we are probably going to be grabbing one of these guys in the transfer portal to at least get us through 2023 (and maybe help bring in some more WRs with this class?).
I like to dig deeper into the stats. My conclusion: even 5-star QBs need continuity. Only Tebow and Berlin from that list had continuity. If Newton had not stolen the laptop and Urban Meyer had not left, the Gators would have had continuity from Leak to Brantley and beyond. DJ Lagway might get continuity from Jaden Rashada.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
To at least SOME extent, "the transfer portal changes everything"--this one certainly does, it would seem, it's relatively sudden increased outpouring possibly all the more so.
I must admit, I have been somewhat hard pressed to understand the inconsistent relationship between apparent talent and actual onfield realization of such talent among Gator QB recruits over the years...
A wide range of complex explanations have been suggested and discussed, but the moment you raise it, "continuity" strikes me intuitively as somehow at the center of not just explaining, but avoiding such failure in the future.
This involves the Coach and his approach to scheming and team chemistry as much as anything else--but it would seem that these are central to what Napier and his staff have been working on changing, sharpening since he got here.

Escambia94

To at least SOME extent, "the transfer portal changes everything"--this one certainly does, it would seem, it's relatively sudden increased outpouring possibly all the more so.
I must admit, I have been somewhat hard pressed to understand the inconsistent relationship between apparent talent and actual onfield realization of such talent among Gator QB recruits over the years...
A wide range of complex explanations have been suggested and discussed, but the moment you raise it, "continuity" strikes me intuitively as somehow at the center of not just explaining, but avoiding such failure in the future.
This involves the Coach and his approach to scheming and team chemistry as much as anything else--but it would seem that these are central to what Napier and his staff have been working on changing, sharpening since he got here.
Lack of continuity at Florida since 2009 leads to the 50% success rate. Everywhere else that has continuity has about a 90% success rate with 5-star QBs and a 75% success rate with high 4-star QBs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema