• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2008 Southeastern Conference Champions

GatorsFirst

Gator Fan
So, my streak of actually attending Gator football games came to an end at 14 (first 12 this year and last two last year). However, I still made the trip up to Atlanta for the weekend. I decided to tailgate with all of my friends right outside of the Georgia Dome. After meeting some great new people and throwing back a few beers (generous estimate...), I got to the important part, which was watching the game! Here are my thoughts...

I ended up watching the game in an immaculate RV parked next to our tailgate. It was wonderful because the cold weather was bearing down on us and sitting in the warmth with a ton of gator fans made me feel at home. Anyway back to the game...

What an impressive win. The Gators came right out and scored on their first possession. After watching the replay, I have to give it up for Carl Moore, who made a pretty incredible catch. On the second Alabama drive, they proved to me why they were a LEGIT undefeated team. Wilson hit Julio Jones in stride and he broke away from the DBs for a long run down inside the 20. On the very next play, Glen Coffee ran it in for the touchdown. At this point, I was pretty concerned. After some back a forth scores, the Gators led at halftime 17-10.

The second half started poorly as Alabama marched right down the field and tied it up. After another stalled drive, the Tide tacked on three more points to lead 20-17. They completely manhandled Florida in that third quarter. Jonathon Phillips even missed his first field goal of the season. Nothing was going right. I knew we would have to do something big soon to get back in game. Apparently all we needed was to hear the crowd sing "We Are the Boys" because we totally dominated the 4th quarter. As coach Urban Meyer later said "That may have been the greatest 4th quarter in the history of this program." We ended up outgaining Alabama 130 to 1 in the 4th.

Legend-in-making Tim Tebow was flawless leading his offense down the field, going 5-5 for 75 yards and a 6-yard touchdown pass to Riley Cooper. That pass was perfectly thrown, where only his receiver could make a play. What can we say about this guy? He is the best leader I've ever seen on the football field. He gets everyone into the zone, it seems. Did you see how pumped he got right before one of the kickoffs in the 4th quarter? We sprints 15 yards straight into the special teams huddle to fire them up. It worked because we stopped highly dangerous return man Javier Arenas at the 17 yard-line.

It was a magical night and proved to me once again why I feel we are the best team in the nation. Our next matchup is against a high-rolling Oklahoma team who set the record for points scored in a season with 702. It should be a good game, hopefully I'll get to go...

Feel free to comment here at GatorEnvy, or where the original article was posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema