• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

10/20: Addazio, Brantley talk about execution on OGGOA

well i can have hope but its not doing much at this point, were going to lose i would say a large majority of our talent this year to the draft, why would they stay next year? Demps will probably leave jenkins black etc....so we need these recruits if we dont start playing well this might be a long strand of rebuilding...

new blood isnt bad right now imo we recruited alot of talent last yr especially on defense

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
well i can have hope but its not doing much at this point, were going to lose i would say a large majority of our talent this year to the draft, why would they stay next year? Demps will probably leave jenkins black etc....so we need these recruits if we dont start playing well this might be a long strand of rebuilding...

You had a point earlier in your Q regarding "why would recruits want to come here"--I have the same fears, but apparently they DO and WILL, as witnessed by continued interest on the part of top-rated 4- and 5-star players, a number of whom still have the Gators at or tied at the top of their "lists". I guess the lure of "you'll have a chance to compete and get on the field" is strong; I just wonder at what point this staff's aversion to actually playing freshmen will give the lie to their whispered promises on the recruiting trail. If the hyped recruits from the LAST couple of years start to defect, look out.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Revisiting the "Wish we still had Cam"-Question

Watching the Auburn/LSU game in the 4th qtr. (in spite of myself--stayed away 'til a few min. ago).
Ya know, I'm NOT sorry we don't have the Cam Newton that kept screwing up, but I sure as hell wish we had THIS guy. Oh well.
LSU just showed why you take some shots down the field. Trick plays USED to be Urban's specialty, too. Tied in the 4th...
Another thing: I STILL can't quite accept that I was so far off the mark. I thought this would be a "transitional" year for the Gators, a bit "uneven" while they worked on adapting the scheme to the players, the players to the scheme and each OTHER--a new chemistry needed to form. No National Championship, but an exciting time as the NEXT great Gator team took shape.
Even now, I look at this game and think, "WE have the tools to beat either of these teams...but they're Top Ten while we're Bottom 10...what the hell happened?!!"

you cant deny newton is built for our offense while JB is the oppisite

i wish we had him too we would have national title hopes next yr if we did imo but coaches didnt realize how badly a slow QB affects this offense and really tears its heart out

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The more I re-evaluate Cam Newton the more I realize that we should not have anointed JB the successor over Cam. I cannot fathom why Urban Meyer and crew recruited a non-running QB, regardless of him breaking Timmy's Florida high school records and his family lineage at Florida. Just face it, guys, if you are going to play for Urban Meyer you had better be a running QB. Period. Our coaches are not geared to teach the spread--they teach the spread-option. Compare this to Texas--they have run the Vince Young spread-option and the Colt McCoy spread. Our Chris Leak spread-option was still a spread-option--Leak surprised us with his running. He must have studied and practiced. Newton was...built for the Florida Gators. I admit that now. I was not ready to admit that a week or two ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema