• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

“Repeat After Us” a nice drive down memory lane

News Bot

News Bot
Florida’s 2006 and 2007 national championship teams shared a special bond rarely, if ever, seen in college basketball.

The documentary “Repeat After Us”, which debuts Tuesday night at 9 p.m. on SEC Network, chronicles that bond from its origins through the journey of back-to-back national titles.

Directed by Jonathan Hock, the documentary includes interviews from former Florida coach Billy Donovan, starters Joakim Noah, Al Horford, Corey Brewer, Lee Humphrey and Taurean Green and key reserve Chris Richard.

The most interesting and revealing parts of the documentary come when players discussed the pressures going through the repeat national title season in 06-07. Noah, of course, was the lightning rod of opposing fans because of his gregarious nature.

“I felt like I was in a zoo, a caged animal,” Noah said in the documentary. “Everyone was looking at me.”

Added UF basketball training trainer Dave “Duke” Werner: “He (Noah) wasn’t sleeping well, he had bags under his eyes. He was breaking out. He wore those pressures on his face.”

As I wrote last April, Florida’s 2006 and 2007 national title teams remain the most underappreciated college basketball dynasty in the past 50 years. The team was honored last Saturday in a ceremony for the 10-year anniversary of their accomplishments during a first quarter break at The Swamp and performed the Mr. Two Bits Routine before the game. Noah, Horford and Brewer all remain in the NBA, while Donovan left to coach in the NBA a year ago and led Oklahoma City to the 2016 Western Conference finals in his first pro season.

The post “Repeat After Us” a nice drive down memory lane appeared first on Hoops Scoop.

Source: GatorSports.com - Hoops Scoop

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema