• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rose Bowl Thread (hilariousness ensues)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Speaking of class, the Oregon coach went on record saying he will discipline his players for taunting FSU. If the tables were turned, FSU would blame everyone for Pac-12 bias and he would encourage more bad behavior.
Ha!
B6UM2TiCQAAn0Po.jpg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Save this for the next FSU fan that brings up Tim Tebow crying.
View attachment 337
Another point about that--one that ALL of this, especially the "give-up/can't WAIT to run away" display raises again:
Tim Tebow NEVER stopped trying to rally his team, in OUR '09 "moment of sad truth", in true TT-fashion running up and down the sidelines, pulling different squads and coaches together for intense "heart-to-heart" psyche-sessions again and again in that 2nd half...and only in the final moments, when he knew they were too far down, that he couldn't get back on the field to do anything about it, couldn't do it himself after all, did he let it all hit him, and shamelessly cried--and I loved him all the more for that: 'Cause you just knew he wasn't crying just for himself or even his team by then...He was crying for ALL of us, every Gator far and wide who was watching and feeling this with him.
Of COURSE Seminoles would laugh and mock such a display. Last night we saw (the whole COUNTRY saw) exactly WHY: "Character", "Responsibility" and "Sincerity" are things you either have or don't. If you don't, you can't recognize it, will if anything mistake for "weakness" instead of strength, mock it when it's right there in front of you. If it had weakened, or even been somewhat lost at times, even by us (and certainly it had all at least become dulled, even discarded, among a sadly significant portion of that Meyer-led Gator team by then), well, in the same way that he had originally reignited it and led us proudly to the best of times (especially after that loss at home to MSU the '08 season), so he did for many of us at one of the worst, there at the end in '09. Another lesson, a "bookend" to "the Promise", if you will--courtesy of one of The GREATEST Gators of all. Like any "great one", he took it all, and all of us, on his shoulders one more time. There isn't, never WILL be a Seminole like that. Not their "style". Not their "Character".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I hope Oregon smashes osu!

(Btw, now that I reread this "essay", think I'll make it my what amounts to an intro to my otherwise nonexistent "Game Day Thread" for this coming "Championship Playoff Final"...Might as well, since it covers things pretty well in terms of how I really feel about it all...)

Yeah...the ONLY "good part" of O$U facing Oregon is that it at least LOOKS like a Duck-team that's ROLLING right at the right time will meet a Poison Nuts squad that has more or less caught one break after another getting this far. Oregon SHOULD be able to do to them something like what they did to FSU. Now, it's true that 'Nole team just cracked wide open then proceeded to lay down-for-slaughter, but even with a backbone they woulda been soundly beaten--just by maybe 2 or 3 touchdowns instead of that "name your number"/"score until your 3rd-string tires" surrender they showed everyone last night.
Still, with O$U, that old saying, "Better to be lucky than good" has a certain truth to it--especially when "lucky" is really at least to some extent shorthand for "Hmm, all the flags and decisions seem to be going one way..."
I don't know if Urban Meyer once secretly sacrificed his first-born male heir or at least maybe offered up a virgin to Beezzlebub, but the guy isn't THAT great a coach (as we saw when his "hot young staff" all began bolting), he HAS no real moral or ethical underpinnings it seems--maybe just a real good sense of what he can get away with and how to go about it: He somehow gets the calls he needs when he needs them, it sure seems bad luck doesn't hurt him like it should when it DOES find him, and where did he get, pile up and manage to hold ready this parade of cloned-future-starters at QB, for eg., anyway???
Of course, all this leaves the great question that arose last night: If Saban is "The Eternal Master Of the Dark Realm", where does that put Urban Meyer in the "Unholy Pantheon of Evil"? I'm for someone just cutting thru' the BS, pounding a stake thru' his heart right there at the podium, first "Meet the Coaches" media-event...That'll be MY "recommended first move" when WE finally, inevitably face him and his Poisoned Elves for The Soul Of The Universe (otherwise known currently as the NCAA National Championship/Playoff Final).
No one will listen, of course; when it comes, they'll yak it up like it's just another "big game" instead of The Final Confrontation Between Good and Evil it will truly be. We'll have to beat them somehow in the face of all manner of terrible trials and tribulations. Just don't be surprised, or fearful to the point of self-defeat, when his true countenance is revealed: You'll have wished y'all had voted for MY plan that night.
Fear not, though. That day will come, the NIGHT descend, and the pay off will be HUGE: You'll LOVE it when THAT team falls into a cry-baby disarray that far exceeds even last night's hilariously pathetic FSU-meltdown. The best part will be, even as his "Suck Eyes" sizzle and melt into putrid, steaming and smoking body-shaped puddles wherever they are on the field, Urban's head swells dangerously, red, purple, then finally explodes right through and out his by then glowing yellow eyes.
And there you have it: My overview/commentary/introduction to The Big Game.
Oh. Guess I didn't spend much time or energy on, nor talked too much at all about, the actual GAME. This game. Oh well...My "take" will always have a "Gator-slant", I guess--and I've been clear all along how narrow my "focus of interest" would be for this one. It'll BE "a BIG game" eventually, no doubt about it--but it isn't there yet, and WON'T be, no matter HOW hard they tout it, until there is some evolution to and history behind the matchup(s). A few more teams would help--not talkin' "Big Dance" foolishness, of course, but if not a straight jump to "the top EIGHT", maybe couple more teams with a coupla "byes" for #'s 1 and 2? A "play-in game", at least? Most of all, need some teams that really hate each other. One of those=us? By definition, THAT'S a "Championship". Not saying we deserve it right now--but until we do, sorta hard to get too jazzed about ANY of this.
Tried to add a li'l "sumthin' sumthin'" to the proceedings here, though.
As it is, not too hard to root AGAINST "someone" here--but no matter HOW much "hate" you have for the one, there's only so much satisfaction to be gained when there is no potential for "joy", the JOY of seeing our GATORS in it, and winning! At least if I were still an active gambling man, there'd be that. But no. Sigh... I don't do that anymore. Had to cut down on my "personal weaknesses", don't ya know. Got this absurd idea somewhere along the way that I'd be better off returning to the lifelong struggle of being a stronger, more honorable/less selfish individual. Real pain-in-the-@$$ sometimes. Boring, too...but a "habit" I've gotten used to, I guess.
Onward, fellow Gators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Speaking of class, the Oregon coach went on record saying he will discipline his players for taunting FSU. If the tables were turned, FSU would blame everyone for Pac-12 bias and he would encourage more bad behavior.
Btw, altho' that was a dumb move, given the rules AND where things were headed even by then (you do NOT wanna "arouse the fire in an otherwise beaten man"), was unnecessary and in effect stepping down to a classless team's level, that sort of penalty, along with "excessive celebration" and the like, is too often a "judgment call" that is hard to see uniformly enforced--and therefore rife with potential for misuse, mistake and unfair/unjust, even suspiciously uneven manipulation of a game's "ebb and flow", and therefore its outcome, at a crucial point. Kind of thing I've come to EXPECT will work against US at times--so I am very suspicious of it, don't like such rules much by and large. Just sayin'...

Escambia94

Btw, altho' that was a dumb move, given the rules AND where things were headed even by then (you do NOT wanna "arouse the fire in an otherwise beaten man"), was unnecessary and in effect stepping down to a classless team's level, that sort of penalty, along with "excessive celebration" and the like, is too often a "judgment call" that is hard to see uniformly enforced--and therefore rife with potential for misuse, mistake and unfair/unjust, even suspiciously uneven manipulation of a game's "ebb and flow", and therefore its outcome, at a crucial point. Kind of thing I've come to EXPECT will work against US at times--so I am very suspicious of it, don't like such rules much by and large. Just sayin'...

I agree that we have gone too far with excessive celebration penalties, but this is the world we live in nowadays. On one hand we allow athletes to rape, pillage, and steal. On the other hand, we do not allow athletes to celebrate after a touchdown, a win, or a moment with God/Allah/Buddha/Bezelbub.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh darn, I'm so ashamed...please to forgive my vindictive unworthiness, BUT THIS IS JUST TOO FUNNY--and typical: Proves our points re FSU-folk EXACTLY:
News coming in now from Seminole players of finding their cars "keyed"/scratched up and tires slashed where parked upon return to Tallahassee from Rose Bowl debacle early today.
There it is. No more needs to be said. (Except I can't help myself: "Remember that, boys, next time you hear that 'Tomahoc Chant' coming down from your 'fans' in the stadium. These are 'your people'--the ones you came to play for and who you're identifying yourselves with from the moment you put on that stupid hat and say, 'I'm gonna be a Seminole'." Don't think I have to say ANYTHING about or TO those "fine fans" themselves, though--except maybe, "Congratulations: You've now fully descended to the level of UM!" All in all, maybe 'Nole players and fans DESERVE each other.)

Escambia94

Oh darn, I'm so ashamed...please to forgive my vindictive unworthiness, BUT THIS IS JUST TOO FUNNY--and typical: Proves our points re FSU-folk EXACTLY:
News coming in now from Seminole players of finding their cars "keyed"/scratched up and tires slashed where parked upon return to Tallahassee from Rose Bowl debacle early today.
There it is. No more needs to be said. (Except I can't help myself: "Remember that, boys, next time you hear that 'Tomahoc Chant' coming down from your 'fans' in the stadium. These are 'your people'--the ones you came to play for and who you're identifying yourselves with from the moment you put on that stupid hat and say, 'I'm gonna be a Seminole'." Don't think I have to say ANYTHING about or TO those "fine fans" themselves, though--except maybe, "Congratulations: You've now fully descended to the level of UM!" All in all, maybe 'Nole players and fans DESERVE each other.)

Ha! Ha! Ha!

The meltdown is continuing!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema