• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rose Bowl Thread (hilariousness ensues)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sure glad I was just tired, lazy and bored on what was (in ANYONE'S terms, I think) PLENTY COLD enough on a New Year's Day/Night in Austin to switch over to watch a bit of the Oregon/FSU Rose Bowl match-up--and did so just in time to see the Criminoles absolutely EMBARRASS themselves...I mean, this fumblefest has been a 2nd-half party of "stunned Seminole-shots", both on the field and in the stands. So bad that by early in the 4th quarter even Herbstreet was bemoaning "a Seminole squad that has just QUIT...They've packed it in, folks, just plain quit..."
THIS is the "character" of this team and school, America. All that talk about "pride" and "character", all the holding-up-the-four-fingers at the start of every 4th quarter, never-ending-drone of "the tomahoc chop" etc. etc. blah blah blah: IT'S BS! Hit 'em hard enough, keep executing and they won't just crack, THEY'LL GIVE UP. Like this.
Oregon could have scored a HUNDRED on 'em if they'd wanted to....and as it ends, watta ya know? Most of the Seminole team runs off the field without shaking hands with the Ducks. Classy bunch, right.
Now, I can't see myself watching it start-to-finish, but I WILL monitor the Sugar Bowl--hoping of course that O$U is likewise handily disposed of. Can't expect the kind of total, torrential collapse we saw in Pasadena, but I'd get even MORE pleasure seeing The Liar's "Poison Nuts" squad lose half as badly. (Not as if I wish THAT much happiness upon Saban OR that team's fans, but Hell, "1/2 as bad" would be a 20 pt loss anyway.)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I laughed so hard at the unraveling of FSU.

Manti Te'o's girlfriend got her first career sack today:
B6UCYsUCQAMSBwz.jpg

Florida Clown School decided to stop hiding behind their fake Seminole tribute uniforms and return to their roots:
B6TtKtnIAAIoor0.jpg

Here are FSU linemen blocking each other, or kissing each other. Either way, it is appropriate for these a**holes and their jerkwad fans.
B6TrYsaCEAAfD8s.jpg:large

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(addendum to above: Geez, just looked in on Sugar Bowl near half...Wish 'Bama had played such sloppy D against us: They're letting this 3rd-string QB, and an OSU offense that had had a lot of trouble finishing drives a good portion of the first half, to convert 3rd downs, and finally touchdowns in the late-to-mid-2nd quarter. Tell y'all this: If they let this WAY overrated "Slow 10"-opponent beat them after all, you can see Oregon just waltzing to a win in the Final. Alabama was being touted here as "a complete team", while the Ducks were supposed to be "soft", a "finesse team", but that's not what I'm seeing out there in the actual games.
Oh well...in the event, at least we can rest fairly easy in the comforting confidence that Liar and friends WILL get WRECKED publicly next week. I'll likely just read about it though, at most see the highlights. Best case scenario there is that a team and program I care little about either way will then hopefully roll over one I truly despise.

Escambia94

FSU beat Florida in the "blocking your own player" department. It happened twice in the game:
proxy.jpg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94,
For me, the funniest moment onfield was when The Rapist went back, started to panic, stumbled backwards looking for a way out--and then threw the ball AWAY, right over his own shoulder as he careened back desperately trying to throw the ball FORWARD--where it bounced along to be scooped up by one of at least 3 Duck rushers crashing in, around and then past him for a TD. Great stuff, suitably comical and just, right after all those shots of him yelling at his coach, lecturing/"rallying" his line on the sidelines, etc. Time to go get that "rookie contract" in the NFL, Winston--and hopefully "pull-a-Manziel" once you're there.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Can only (for the only time) quote Forrest Gump: "Stupid is as stupid does".
What a crock of sh*t, anyway! Whole country saw the "class" of FSU this time--and all their fans can do is try and find some lame-ass reason why "they DESERVED it!" "Waaaahhhh!" This from a a whole fan-base of puerile fools who "taunt" opposition teams, worst of all when they are the hosts...it's at the core of their whole thing, their very identity.

Escambia94

Can only (for the only time) quote Forrest Gump: "Stupid is as stupid does".
What a crock of sh*t, anyway! Whole country saw the "class" of FSU this time--and all their fans can do is try and find some lame-ass reason why "they DESERVED it!" "Waaaahhhh!" This from a a whole fan-base of puerile fools who "taunt" opposition teams, worst of all when they are the hosts...it's at the core of their whole thing, their very identity.

Not everyone sees what FSU gets away with. Plenty of folks here on the west coast have no clue. They just assume that "all SEC teams are this classless". Yes. These Pac-12 fans somehow think that FSU is part of the SEC or that FSU is the same as UF.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94,
Yeah--I STILL run into that out there...and believe it or not, overall it's "an improvement" on "the old days" when I first arrived at USC for grad school: They thought every ONE of "those southern schools" were some sort of joke in every way--football included. My first year there the Trojans began the season by traveling to Gainesville for the first time ever, and those arrogant fools really thought this'd be some sort of tune-up for the (then) PAC-10 schedule; did nothing but smirk condescendingly, and say things like "Oh, come ON..." when I responded to their happy ignorance in my best slow North Florida drawl, "Well, we play a pretty strong brand o' football in the SEC...". I think 27-9 was the score we beat 'em by that day. In fact, from the very start I came to despise the Trojans: They reminded me WAY too much of MIAMI fans--similar-sized, over-priced private universities with a WAY out-sized view of themselves...Still, that WAS one HELL of a masters Film program--Reason why I was there in the first place. Only thing comparable at Miami I guess was/is their Marine Biology Dept. Figures, somehow: SC had Hollywood up the road, "Da Eeewww" the Gulf Stream etc. just off shore. In both cases, though, after that little to distinguish them but high-ticket mediocrity and a whole lotta well-groomed idiots.
As for the Southland in general, well, the fans at large are pretty damn ignorant of ANYTHING they don't hear or see on ESPN--and their West Coast-feed more or less caters to that, I think. It's not just the "every Florida school is in the SEC" thing. As you've no doubt noticed, they STILL confuse us and the 'Noles...It got better for a while when TT was with us, but we're gonna have to distinguish ourselves from ALL of 'em big time to break that once and for all, if ever.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Btw, I have slipped over to ESPN TWICE in the last 1/2 hr or so, both just in time to see the Tide immediately blow "golden opportunities" to cash in big opportunities handed to them. The latest a moment ago was them pinning the Nuts back in their own end, getting a bounce-back punt to set 'em up near the red zone--and immediately throw an INT on the first play. They are looking more like OUR offense here, from what I can see, down the stretch. They seemed to have 'em pinned again--but they won't get another silly-punt like last time--and they hit the punter! FOOLS! You CAN'T take that chance there. Lucky it's not the 15 yarder...But this is starting to look like another SEC-choke. Knew going in by now that this was an off year for our conference, but things have generally gone in such a way that all the haters will gleefully pile on, talk about "cycles" and how it was a matter of us all being overrated all along. Yeah: A "cycle" of ONE SEASON. Even with the very real trends of limited scholarships for everyone affecting the SEC, especially the Florida schools, more than most by forcing a LOT more kids from the talent-rich states further afield in recruiting, as I've been hammering on elsewhere, "talent and coaching are the KEY"--and that's what will keep us strong, more teams getting stronger faster, and a return to dominance that much sooner and more certain. Of course, THAT just makes OUR road a harder one, but as always, "what does not kill me makes me stronger" (that Nietzche guy was a helluva coach!): You win in the SEC, you can beat ANYONE, anyWHERE. Or should, anyway...)

miltongator

Gator Fan
I was hoping the score would have stayed 52-20 as it was for a time. Then I could have asked my FSU buds if that score sounded familiar to them. Hmmm, it has a strangely familiar ring to it...............oh, that's right.......I think it was back in '96............

I am just glad the Alabama and FSU bandwagons can officially be over.

I am so sick of the new Alabama and FSU fans, none of these people cared about these programs before they started winning.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema