• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OGT 2023 Week 6: Vanderbilt at Florida (10/7/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Complete confusion with Brown in there.
Geez. Mertz deserved better.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Complete confusion with Brown in there.
Geez. Mertz deserved better.
I cannot stand to watch this pending possible collapse. I will bail if Mertz doesn't come back.
DAMN--STUPID PENALTY, as usual. I don't see it. Poor call. But it doesn't matter.
Bad teams get bad breaks.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Looks like Mertz coming back in. Tough kid. I LIKE him.
But DAMN, we are still a poor team.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We continue to somehow LOOK bad in a game we have mostly CONTROLLED.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...and the thing is, THAT will apparently SATISFY our Coach. That's the problem, right THERE.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
28-7, Gators with some explosive plays:
  • 3rd & 15 at VAN 34​

(4:20 - 3rd) Graham Mertz pass complete to Arlis Boardingham for 20 yds to the VAN 14 for a 1ST down
  • 2nd & 10 at FLA 44​

(7:42 - 3rd) Graham Mertz pass complete to Eugene Wilson III for 12 yds to the VAN 44 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & 10 at FLA 9​

(9:37 - 3rd) Graham Mertz pass complete to Arlis Boardingham for 23 yds to the FLA 32 for a 1ST down

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We just look like shite, in all PHASES of the GAME. (Boardingham looking good, though.. Having a WHALE of a game!)
GATORS somehow overcome a slew of sloppy mistakes to score again--pad their lead and start to pull AWAY.
Now: If UK can somehow beat UGA, suddenly last week's debacle DOESN'T LOOK so bad--and suddenly the media dumbasses are singing a different tune about us...
DO NOT BE FOOLED, however: We were and ARE every BIT as bad as everyone thought we were--those who WATCHED SAW it with our own EYES--and beating a bumbling Vandy team is NOT a sign of "resurgence" or ANYTHING ELSE.
Speaking of which, we give ip a WAY to easy long drive here at the end of the 3rd quarter.
This team will have to hang on babies fingernails just to hold this lead, get the win.
The more I see, the more sure I am that we won't win another.
We just cannot pull away here after all.
ANOTHER big run--this time from Webb.
F*CK--I don't WANT to hear what Napier has to say at THIS POINT--Frankly, I'd MUCH rather watch/hear "Won't Back Down" in the Swamp at Homecoming!

Escambia94

We are the boys… who are leading 28-14.

VANFLA
1st Downs1221
3rd down efficiency1-85-9
4th down efficiency0-21-1
Total Yards318416
Passing259224
Comp-Att14-2825-32
Yards per pass9.37.0
Interceptions thrown01
Rushing59192
Rushing Attempts1624
Yards per rush3.78.0
Penalties4-325-50
Turnovers11
Fumbles lost10
Interceptions thrown01
Possession18:0526:55

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Who is the larger idiot--these announcers or our Coach? Yeah Yeah Yeah...Yada Yada Yada Coach.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We continue to make these other teams look like world-beaters.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So much for that "clean game"...WHolding, false start...Here we go again. Still so little discipline--and thus AFTER the Coach bathers about "too many penalties--"gotta clean that up"...Yeah, good job there Coach!

Escambia94

38-14. Explosive plays:
  • 2nd & 13 at VAN 15​

(7:19 - 4th) Graham Mertz pass complete to Arlis Boardingham for 15 yds for a TD (Trey Smack KICK)
  • 2nd & 1 at VAN 27​

(8:45 - 4th) Montrell Johnson Jr. run for 15 yds to the VAN 12 for a 1ST down
Honorable mention:
  • 1st & 10 at VAN 36​

(9:22 - 4th) Montrell Johnson Jr. run for 9 yds to the VAN 27

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The most damning evidence is there in the stands: So many empty seats! I noted earlier (in the first half) that it wasn't CLOSE to being a full house...But meanwhile I guess a lot of folks went home.
Interest down, attention spans short even in Party Time on HOMECOMING: I guess I'm trying to point out how little joy this "No Fun and Run" offense raises in fans. One of the very few times we are in "relax and ENJOY"-time here in the Swamp, and yes, folks left are comfortable--but hardly celebratory. Why should they be?
This SHOULD have been a procession of explosive plays early and often, one we put away EASILY in the first half and been substituting freely in the second. Instead, things were in doubt until the end of the 3rd--and only now, late in the 4th are the subs starting to get in there.
Enjoy the win, Gators: I stand by my strong feeling it could be our last this season.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Does ANYONE have ANY real interest in Billy's usual "NON-answers" in his postgame comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema