• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OGT 2023 Week 2: Florida Gators (0-1) 49, McNeese 7 (9/9/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ooh! Almost clicked on the long pass.
Why not? But now offense looking sloppy around him...but this is WHY you get these young players IN there, right?
So now we see the punter for the first time--after 7 straight touchdowns on their first seven possessions!
He at least gets a nice long one off without a return...so THAT part of Soecial Teams appears to be functioning properly; still probably best to AVOID having to USE it as much as possible, if we can manage it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am enjoying this game, but am now TEMPTED to watch some of this now crucial part of that Texas/Bama game..."One for the ages!" my neighbor just hollered to me out front.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Texas back up 10 with 8 plus minutes left.
McNeese Punter pins us inside the ONE AGAIN!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't know if these 3rd stringers are up to driving the field from there--but they get it started with a nice first-down run out to the 15.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
But now sloppiness showing up again with the subs in there. That was a fumble that sure LOOKED like it was RErecovered by our guy.
They are reviewing it though...Billy looks PISSED. And this is an appropriate time for it.
However--they give it to McNeese St on our TEN! THAT was a bad STUPID call, even if it WAS a messed up move by the young RB in every way.
I STILL think the refs STOLE the shutout from our defense there.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Normally it wouldn't matter, but the D EARNED the shutout...So this one STINKS no matter WHAT.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Gators snap a 4-game losing streak dating back to November 2022 with a 49-7 home opener victory over McNeese.

Statistic MSUF
1st Downs633
3rd down efficiency2-105-6
4th down efficiency1-10-0
Total Yards112560
Passing66233
Comp-Att7-1418-23
Yards per pass4.710.1
Interceptions thrown00
Rushing46327
Rushing Attempts2651
Yards per rush1.86.4