• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OGT 2023 Week 2: Florida Gators (0-1) 49, McNeese 7 (9/9/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gators had MORE confusion on Special Teams there on Cowboys' 4th down. They were saved by McNeese' delay-of-game penalty--but THAT has GOT to be FIXED!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So...Another possession, another drive fir a TD by a running back.
I think we can already basically note the seeming improvement of TWO of the three units...
But of course those SPECIAL TEAMS still must be addressed. I k ow this is getting repetitive, but it's SO obviously true that I WILL repeat it until we see definite signs, if not outright positive PROOF that Billy and his staff have properly turned their attentions to it. HOW to "prove" it? Well, nit sure except to say, "We will KNOW it when we SEE it!"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I know it is early in the 2nd half, and Billy has his reasons for EVERYTHING he dies, but if not now, then maybe you sit Graham after this series?
Get him out of a good game-played still healthy, and get some experience for your chosen backup(s).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
There it is. That one was WAITING for them.
OK, that should wrap Graham Mertz's night...and Happy Birthday Ricky Piersall!
I have no IDEA what we'll see NEXT week vs the Vols, but at least we can enjoy THIS one and fir the moment at least reserve judgement.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Adam Mihalik is still 6’2”!
The way Mertz has this offense flying tonight, maybe Billy can run this the way SS used to:
Ignore the Special Team inadquacies and offset them with bigtime offense and defense.
There's a SAFETY to get back those "lost points" the special teams unit surrendered earlier.
However, nowadays I wouldn't recommend ignoring ANY facet of the overall gameplay.
Knowing how thoroughly DETAIL oriented and cerebral Billy is, I doubt that will be the way HE deals with it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here's Max Brown's in at QB, getting some needed game experience. (THANKYOU, Graham Mertz, for just the game we needed from you!).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are STILL driving.
Soon time to do some singing here at the end of the 3rd.
"Won't Back Down"!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Graham Mertz had a great day at the office.

C/AYDAVGTDINTRAT
14/1719311.410197.3

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We DO have some young "Grown MEN" on this team now. A bunch more potential additions, potential FIVE stars in the Swamp tonight for this one, by the way:
This performance won't hurt their impression of this team's progress OR spirit!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now Micah Leon in at QB.
Nice story there, him getting to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics