• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OGT 2023 Week 1: Florida Gators 11, #14 Utah Utes 24 (8/31/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have turned off the game.
I have our site here on my laptop though.
If things somehow (completely unexpectedly) turn around in the 2nd half will y'all give me a heads-up?
I guess I shoulda joined some friends out drinking and listening to some bands after all.
As it is, guess I'll stream some SF--it's a good night for it, anyway.
Although I agree completely with your feelings regarding Billy and how this program in fact GOT to this low place, I HAVE been disappointed by the play calling here, AND the general in-game decision-making process. And I really DON'T care to hear the likely platitudes in store for us in the post mortems.
He and his staff, the whole TEAM has their one best chance to address all that has gone wrong by making some dramatic adjustments and improvement in virtually EVERY PHASE at halftime:
Come out and SHOW US in the second half!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Staring down the receiver and a bad bounce yields an interception giving the Utes 10 yards to score.

Escambia94

Napier decides to burn a timeout now. I guess the Gators did not have a great halftime adjustment plan.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is painful...I peek back in and am SORRY I DID.
I don't know how they react to this--there is so much, TOO much maybe to unpack from this "performance" (really "lack thereof").
I am beyond "analysis"--and maybe THEY are as well. This one is so putrid that it might just be the proverbial "THROW THE TAPE AWAY" situation.
I mean, there is no part of the game they have properly executed here tonight. All the things they were intermittently bad at LAST season they were UNIFORMLY poor at this evening.
Nothing much more to say about it--and in my opinion BILLY didn't do HIS job well here either.
If I were him I would simply apologize, shoulder the blame; when he's grilled at the podium by the writers back in Gainesville he tells them it's his fault, says HE AND HIS STAFF has to do a better job--"and we WILL!"--and then instead of answering all the usual questions with the usual upbeat coachspeak he excuses himself, says "That'll have to suffice for now..." and departs the stage.
It is time to hunker down, circle the wagons, go to the mattresses, boys. His TEAM needs to recognize, FEEL the seriousness, the immediate entry into "crisis mode" that is required, here and now. This ship must be righted ASAP...like, IMMEDIATELY somehow.
Never mind us out here--the fans, the writers, the "expert media prognosticators". Your TEAM and PROGRAM are in trouble, Coach. They failed their first test; things will get away from you all very quickly from here--in which case it can and WILL get worse. A whole LOT "worse".
So to HELL with all of us...Get your team's attention and do whatever you can, whatever you HAVE to to snap them OUT of whatever that funk they were mired in on the road against Utah tonight. This TOO is what "coaching is all about".
Your DAD was a coach-:so between your upbringing and your own previous ensuing experience you must KNOW that: When things go that wrong, especially your first time out there after MONTHS of practice, planning, development and preparation and your team laulys an egg, clearly changes must be made: changes for the BETTER. So find a WAY.

Escambia94

This is painful...I peek back in and am SORRY I DID.
I don't know how they react to this--there is so much, TOO much maybe to unpack from this "performance" (really "lack thereof").
I am beyond "analysis"--and maybe THEY are as well. This one is so putrid that it might just be the proverbial "THROW THE TAPE AWAY" situation.
I mean, there is no part of the game they have properly executed here tonight. All the things they were intermittently bad at LAST season they were UNIFORMLY poor at this evening.
Nothing much more to say about it--and in my opinion BILLY didn't do HIS job well here either.
If I were him I would simply apologize, shoulder the blame; when he's grilled at the podium by the writers back in Gainesville he tells them it's his fault, says HE AND HIS STAFF has to do a better job--"and we WILL!"--and then instead of answering all the usual questions with the usual upbeat coachspeak he excuses himself, says "That'll have to suffice for now..." and departs the stage.
It is time to hunker down, circle the wagons, go to the mattresses, boys. His TEAM needs to recognize, FEEL the seriousness, the immediate entry into "crisis mode" that is required, here and now. This ship must be righted ASAP...like, IMMEDIATELY somehow.
Never mind us out here--the fans, the writers, the "expert media prognosticators". Your TEAM and PROGRAM are in trouble, Coach. They failed their first test; things will get away from you all very quickly from here--in which case it can and WILL get worse. A whole LOT "worse".
So to HELL with all of us...Get your team's attention and do whatever you can, whatever you HAVE to to snap them OUT of whatever that fink they were mired in on the road against Utah tonight. This TOO is what "coaching is all about".
Your DAD was a coach, between your upbringing and your own previous ensuing experience you must KNOW that. So find a WAY.
Yeah. I am done defending Napier. I am not saying he needs to be fired, but he needs to hire an OC. Having two OL coaches does nothing if the players are letting smaller DLs push them around.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah. I am done defending Napier. I am not saying he needs to be fired, but he needs to hire an OC. Having two OL coaches does nothing if the players are letting smaller DLs push them around.
Yes. Me too. Like I say, we are under-performing in EVERY PHASE OF THE GAME, and Coach appears "spread too thin", to say the least--and frankly I am being generous in my tone and overall fairness in judgement here, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema