• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread: #10 Florida Gators 41, #8 Michigan Wolverines 15, Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl 12/29/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
But we missed an opportunity to get the ball back there.
Hope we see Jones soon...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Franks MIGHT be "good enough", eventually--but can we meanwhile AFFORD his mediocrity another two seasons or so, while he gets there?
I don't think so. I doubt our Coach waits that long.
Prediction: At best, Filipe Franks will be our BACKUP before the 2019 season is over.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are gonna lose this unless we get a coupla turnovers: I'll say that right here and now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Could feel that coming.
Why do college defenders NEVER turn to play the ball anymore???

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gotta believe it's the coaching. BOTH those two key completions, the defender never tyrns to make a play on the ball.
Those points left on the field after 1st and goal from three for us (all on Franks) coukd be the difference.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh to have a really good QB again!
Sorry to keep bitching about it, but with our running game I think we'd have been in the CFP mix THIS season had Franks already MADE that "step UP a notch" he keeps supposedly "showing signs" of having in him...At this point, I wish he'd just either TAKE that step or NOT... It's just that every game like this one, where he floats JUST BELOW that level, holds the whole team back.
Here's Jones. Lets see what he can do.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Screenshot_20181229-115637.png

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are going to lose this in a close score--BECAUSE OUR STARTING QB CANNOT THROW SOME OF THE BASIC PASSES!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I will say it right here, right now:
This is the PERFECT time to put Emory Jones in for the rest of the HALF.
Lets find out for sure.
I think he'll get us the lead, at least 2 TDs against this defense..? And we'll have our starting QB for NEXT season. Like Tua over at Alabama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema