• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Game(Championship)day (12/02/16) vs you-know-who

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We have so little chance today, I'd be inclined to discuss how likely we were to get within that 24-pt Vegas spread, if any of that still meant anything to me.
But it don't...and if we couldn't do better than what we managed last week against those dumbshits cross state, well, only our banged up D will keep it THAT "close".
Absolutely HATE to say it, y'all know that. But this one may be unwatchable, at least for me. I'll try, of course.
But I'll not suffer thru a full on "execution"--and I don't believe in "moral victories", as I say. So unless we catch lightening in a bottle a SECOND time (and that'll take SEVERAL big plays in this one--not just one 98-yd rainbow) a la LSU, and show up EARLY, actually get and hold a lead, well, slow death Gator-style is something we've all suffered thru far too often already last few seasons. Don't think I'm up for a full game of it to end 2016.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've smoked some ribs and now got them on the grill with some baked beans, so at least I'll eat good today :)
Long as that's your focus, you got a shot at a decent apetite and a successful day.
(Me, I'm ordering Chinese...Gotta better chance betting the Lotto numbers in the fortune cookies than betting on the Gators today--even getting the 24 points!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Every one of you has the right idea here, I'm thinking: Y'all know I'm NOT a "moral victory" guy...But if there is any such thing, then ours is just BEING in this game, at this point. Personally, I have ZERO expectation of winning--so I can watch it at least long enough to see if we can hold our own, stay in it. Long as we do, I suppose I'll hang in. But I can't watch a Gator sacrifice. I cannot take a full on smack down with calm resignation. So forgive me if ("when"?) things head in that direction--I will likely just quietly bail.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Every one of you has the right idea here, I'm thinking: Y'all know I'm NOT a "moral victory" guy...But if there is any such thing, then ours is just BEING in this game, at this point. Personally, I have ZERO expectation of winning--so I can watch it at least long enough to see if we can hold our own, stay in it. Long as we do, I suppose I'll hang in. But I can't watch a Gator sacrifice. I cannot take a full on smack down with calm resignation. So forgive me if ("when"?) things head in that direction--I will likely just quietly bail.
You and most of the rest of us. Everyone is talking about our D keeping us in it, but I think it's all on the O. If they can't move the ball.......turn out the lights.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK, point 1:
If we don't throw long, and successfully, early, no chance to even make a GAME of it here...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, that was nice--and this is FUN.
Kinda all REMINDS me of the '79, that 0-10- and-1 year with Pell...I mean, we DID have fun that year: When your exoectations are low enough, ANY success, however fleeting, is cause for happiness and celebration. TROUBLE is, back of my mind, I'm probably starting to think, "What if...?"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, there it is. The Appleby we have mainly seen this year. Yes, he'll look good for a series--then he'll stink up the place for 57 minutes. Just GAVE the ball away. Horrible decision and throw.
Well, held 'em to a 3-pointer. But unfortunately, Appleby goes back in after this...He'll give the Tide more chances.
We've seen this again and again: A flash of competence, even talent and leadership--then bumbling ineptitude. I feel like we're being toyed with--by our own QB! Like having that cruel girlfriend who strings you along while flirting with everyone else back in highschool. Wanna walk away--but here we are at the Prom!
(OK That's all pretty lame on my part. LOL. I put myself at the mercy of the court, plead emotional incapacity.)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Only Florida can be behind an opponent with negative seven yards of offense.
9ReRvb8.png

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Got the 1st down--but Appleby threw that poorly, behind Callaway...Good catch, but here come the stupid penalties. Couldn't block him, so grabbed him on way by.
Too many mistakes already.
Aw hell! Pick 6.
We played em decent for 1/2 a qrtr--but Appleby throws ANOTHER terrible pass behind receiver, HANDS em a TD.
We mighta had a chance here except for our QB.
Sorry guys, I can't watch this.
I honestly wish APPLEBY got hurt now--except would that mean a hobbled (and inneffective when healthy) Delrio.
But Appleby is taking even our good defense out of this. He had a man open in the middle of the field with open field in front of him--and threw it FOUR FEET BEHIND HIM FOR A PICK SIX!!!
Lets at least see Franks out there, begin to see if he's ANY hope of an answer for NEXT year.
I wouldn't trust Appleby as waterboy...He'd find a way to screwthat up. Look: He is afraid to throw it now.
Blocked Punt. This is what I was afraid of.
We actually had a shot here, if our D and a decently-led offense were allowed to play it out. Now we get 2 pts off the PAT.
WHAT A JOKE! The Tide offense has done NOTHING, but we're down a touchdown thanks to ONE PLAYER, basically.
With even a "competently average" qb I think we'd have had a chance here.
If they'd CHANGED qbs after that first terrible pass, we'd still be up in this one, at least. But you all know the final score's gonna make it LOOK like we were beaten in every phase. See? They can't even try passing now--Appleby's a whipped dog.
16-9...and that's the CLOSEST we'll be rest of the way.
Hope I'm wrong. But I'll bow out now, let it play out. Foods here--and Appleby SOMEHOW managed to tease me into caring, swept away all hope, loaded me with disgust and ruined my damn appetite! Like I already didn't have enough reason to disapprove of him. Aw, F' it...Later, Gators.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema