• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday 3: Gators go to KY

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If we lose this game, I will have lost some faith in our Head Coach. I know he's trying to build something, but you work with what you've got--and this team is too young and inexperienced to give them time and opportunity to think. Let it FLY, Mac. We may not be near as talented as we WILL be, but we've got enough to beat these guys, straight up. Let 'em just do it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Way too much time left here, no matter what happens. And btw, performance-wise, this team continues to DE-volve, and I just don't think the competition "improvement" explains it. WE should be getting better, too--and we're not. Same mistakes, ill timed, same guys making them.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK, 4th and goal--but their guy'll make it. Does. 10 pt swing there, lets face it.
Alright...I accept I'm all alone here--but at least this has kept me from publicly tearing my hair out--tho maybe no one here notices anyway--having their own problems in Darrel K Royal, apparently.
OK...But we need to score a long one here. But no, Grier panics and breaks early. And another mediocre punt. Wtf is w our kicking game??? And why am I even still asking such qs.
OK, thats it. Talk to y'all later. For the record, hope I'm wrong, but I still feel we're gonna end up losing this one...Looks like Grier hurt, too. Not his fault we're in trouble, and a shame if really hurt.
Here it comes, too. Big completion from them. Good noght, my brothers--we lose QB, then game. Final record for 2015: mmmm, 5 and 7 I'm thinking. Here's another 3 pts. Here they come--and its all up to Treon, I expect. Not nec a tragedy--but tends to have trouble in first series, and can't afford that now.
OK, g'night. Gonna suffer alone, bury myself in work.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
I just dont understand how our players cant get open. Blows my mind when I see other teams run their offense with simple plays and get open. I dont see any hunger in this team other than the D.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No--Grier's a gamer, give him that. Still not very accurate, tho. Go for the TD--but he's hurt...had the play, but he isn't right.
Aw, I can't watch this.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If only. We came that close--again and again. Kid coulda won it with a pick...Still our best shot, there at midfield. Too much time. Sac helps, but tbey're gonna keep gettm shots here--and D is tired. Pick ot, or we end up losing this at end.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Thank you D....I sure hope Coach Mac settles with Grier. I think he will give us the best chance down the road. This team has showed me they are not ready offensively to compete for a championship.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I was watching the wrong thread. I figured nobody was around.

How about them heart attack Gators? Please do not tell me that this is what to expect the rest of the year.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I thought Grier had a good arm. Between last game and this some of his throws have been short.
yeah, not showing the accuracy he's sposed to have.
But we are giving a big cushion--PICK! There it is, boys. UG-LEEEE...but ya know I don't care, not this time. We are NOT a good team. And we DON'T have anything LIKE the kind of talent we'll need to GET good, but I believe we'll get there... And meanwhile, these kids should be under no illusion that they are ANYTHING--and THAT may let us start GETTING better now, give the Coach time and room to get their full attention, teach em. Fewer illusions of their safely staying "1st string" at their position, let alone thick-headed arrogance. Humility, lads: Learn or LEAVE.
(OH--And among all the better bodies we still gotta go out and get, still GOTTA bring in a died-in-the-wool, nuthin'-but-dazzling QB from SOMEWHERE...). Grier more suitble of 2 IF he ever shows the chops THROWING he had as a prep and was so heavily recruited for. But we have ALL too much experience of flogging THAT "dead horse" last few years!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I was watching the wrong thread. I figured nobody was around.

How about them heart attack Gators? Please do not tell me that this is what to expect the rest of the year.
Lol...man, I thought I was alone that whole night--in fact, I was, but I couldn't figure out why, exactly...Now EVERYONE shows up at the end... OK, now I don't feel quite as silly.
So: Am hesitant to draw TOO many conclusions beyond what I've said along the way here. I WILL bitch about the kicking game tho', revisit THAT mess:
We are a constant mess and always a potential disaster whenever EITHER kicker trots out there. Isn't so much that either hasn't the leg, just total inconsistency.
Also, we are similarly inconsistent on 3rd downs, and generally in the red zone.
All this and more will get us beat against good teams, keep it close and probably break our hearts in one of these close ones with even a lesser opponent.
It is both frustrating, AND a strange kind of freedom to understand and squarely FACE all this: We WILL be "good" eventually, I can see how and why and best of all, its all in the hands of a coach who's got a good head and a long term plan...but it WON'T be a whole lot of "fun" the rest of the way, even if we can manage a (barely) winning record--itself somewhat questionable (at best).
Your thoughts?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Ok I can breath now, I put the gators chances against UT 60-40. Might be a little high but at home with a team that blew it against OU. It would have been 50-50 if UT won against OU. Ole Miss however is a big I doubt it especially right now.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Tennessee is barely better than Florida, but they are beatable. Mississippi is going to massacre Florida. Yikes.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Tennessee is barely better than Florida, but they are beatable. Mississippi is going to massacre Florida. Yikes.
Ok I can breath now, I put the gators chances against UT 60-40. Might be a little high but at home with a team that blew it against OU. It would have been 50-50 if UT won against OU. Ole Miss however is a big I doubt it especially right now.
Yeah, I'm ready to project about a 5-and-7 final record--in other words, I don't see us winning more than 2 more games the rest of the way. Main q is "How bad will we BE?", followed by the more hopeful, "How much will we improve, keep 'em close how deep into games against much better, way-further-along SEC teams?", and finally, "Will we start hitting the 'homeruns' we used to again out on the recruiting trail next couple of off-seasons and resulting-NSDs?"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema