• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday 3: Gators go to KY

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
As I mentioned elsewhere earlier this week, I am on location this week, in process of setting up right now and not at all sure I'll even be able to monitor this one with any consistency today. On the one hand, that bothers me greatly, this being our SEC opener. On the other hand, the idea that we may be set up to bumble away what's normally pretty damn close to a Gator "gimme", and the longest such streak in major college football, to boot, leaves me torn between feeling guilty and maybe thinking I could be avoiding some MAJOR frustration, too.
Anyway, I DO have a li'l android 'pad with me, wifi's available, so I'll try and keep up, see if I can at least get the high- and low-lights in something like a timely fashion, and see if I can't at least be SOME part of what ensues. Gotta figure it'll be on y'all, mostly, this time though...
What'll we see? Well, I've already made my "emotionally self-protective" views known: I'm readying myself for an end to "The Streak" here today--at least I've been trying to do so by at least SAYING it out loud. I'm pretty damn sure anything but a Gator win is still gonna hurt, disappoint and piss me off...but we all know if it IS gonna happen anytime soon, this is the year: EVERYTHING is "lined up" for it.
In fact, I don't really get why we're still favored--except from a bookie's "attracting money to balance the books" POV. That MUST be it--either that, or even these media guys don't believe their own bs. Oh. Yeah. There IS that, too.
Oh well, I know this is all really just backwards superstition AND "reverse psychology" on my part--on MYSELF! Twisted. But that seems to be required of Gator fans this season--at least this one.
Bottom line: PLEASE MAKE ME EMBARRASSINGLY, FAITHLESSLY WRONG, GUYS.
Go Gators.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I admit I AM Scare after the East Carolina game. They were lucky that QB lost gripe on the ball otherwise the gators might be 1-1. Hope Vernon plays.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Geez--having trouble even getting this one thru wifi--connect intermittent at best, so far, and not even followed elsewhere: I know its tough when we're not in Top 25, but used to be at LEAST able to follow play-by-play on sites like yahoo. Not anymore, apparently. Don't know how much of this one I'll even see or follow til after-the-fact. Nuts.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--just tuned in game...don't know how ling it'll come in this well OR of I'll even have much time betweren actually workn here (the NERVE, requiring me to do my JOB during a Gator game!).
Gator sac! Necessary after yhat SRCOND crappy punt. What gives with our punter? Now an offsides. Saw the Hargraves interception...Clearly, D's gonna won it, if we do... Great defensive series, gotta at least flip the field now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Back deep again. C'mon, Will. Gotta drive this offense down the field. Get tp the half with a better-than- TD lead's about as much as we can hope for at this point.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(I apologize in advance: Back to work here n there all night, looks like. No O so far. Yikes, looks like OLD Gators--but long pass good! Shoot, gotta go in a sec...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
O line our weakness, obviously...and we're WORKN for it...DAMN. Nice idea, but no go. Here we go: Powell almost gets it. And our FG finally makes one--and we get a penalty? And the 2nd try is blocked.
Oh oh. CanNOT leave pts on field this wk.
Our K-game just sucks!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is EXACTLY why I had the bad feeling I still have. Going back to work now, "Golden Hour". For filming, NOT for Gators.
Ouch.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
With our kicking game in general, I'd consider eschewing fg s , Spurrier-style. Don't know wtf to say bout our punting. This kicking game is just putrid all around. Only acceptable when the rest of yr offense is ringing 'em up like a pinball game--and even THEN it'll bite ya from time to time. Remember the 90s? Not tgat I wouldn't HAPPILY take it now.
Will Grier eventually grow into that kind of producer/leader, like we used to take for granted.
I already feel like Taylor is turning out a bit of a bust as an RB--terrible news for this year, we all know that. BOTH young QBs NEED a strong, reliable running game-and it looks like our most experienced guy, sposed to have all that talent, isn't gonna get it done. May be time to start giving Scarlet more carries.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Geez, wish I could watch this whole drive right thru. Lets drive this IN. If we had a real O line, we might be really good. Now come the dumb mistakes. If/when we lose this one, point to dominating the 2nd qrtr and not getting points.
STOP F'ING AROUND, TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE, DAMNIT!!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Taylor better get this one...and btw, another f up, javing to call a t o. Quick snap it! Now they get it, Taylor gets it done. OK. Lets go get 7.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nice, but wish they'd gone to the endzone. We suck in the redzone so far.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK, money time. Penalty. Maybe KY this time? Oh. Got the t o in. And we needed that yard and a halr, wirh time running down. TT w jump pass!! No, sorry, weird flash--but Kelvin runs it IN! Het Hardin even hits the ep...maybe we CAN prevail.
Excuse me (if anyone is here, or cares):
Gonna go act like like I'm INTO this gig, wanna BE here (lol)
...Aw come ON, guys. Kill this half! And fittingly, Hargraves does exactly that.
Ok, can't really complain, all around. D plays like it can in 2nd half, we can get outta here with a non-loss (yeah, that's my superstitious way of approaching this sort of thing rearing up)--This wk I don't CARE bout how we look. Y'all saw how "the elite" looked in a lot of these games.
Ok, later...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aw man, soon as I get a chance to watch again, we run into Kicker. No discipline--but we don't get the Big One, so it doesn't necessarily hurt us. Fortunate, long as we don't do anything even dumber.
Grier clearly Numero Uno now. Hope Treon gets some reps, and NOT just in garbage time.
Big run back now--so after evrrything, we get the advantage in the mistake-exchange. Lol. Lets take this in...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Powell drops the TD pass. Catch it FIRST, KIDDO! Aw, that line is making lots of mistakes too.
CAN'T go after the fg here. Hardin will not hit it. Damnit, we are punting, after all that. Can't believe how inept we have looked in the basics tnite.
But our Punter finally hits one JUST right. D does its job, we'll get another chance to score here...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ya know, I have done better here w this game than I expected. Not so sure bout my work on this cheesy deal we're working on (it's a commercial--hey, they can't ALL be works of art!)--but no one's said anything--lol, think they're all following the Horns game!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here we go. Lets start to put this thing away. Tricky! Second n short...down to their 30, 1st down, Taylor startn to get untracked...good news. Grier is running nicely--thats needed, w this young line.
If we are to win games, tho, we need Taylor.
Sooner or later, cats'll hace to bring the safeyies-and sure-handed McGee will be open in the end zone. Thats who I'd go to.
Aw shit--right idea, wrong throw. Picked off. Killer.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aw, man. Thims is a HARD Gator team to watch. I mean, tgey have dominated AGAIN--and have lef the other team in it.
Wea are gonna get waxed by a decent, experienced and confident SEC team. We just don't know how to capitalize.
I'm surprised at Coach Mac's over-busy concentration on drives. I really think you take this kind of offense and go for the end zone. Now here comes the big mistakes, letting them back in this one. Sucks.
Up to D to stop this now. They should be well-rested, anyway. Hate this crap. Even a KY fg puts them back in this--and they look like they'll get more now. Total reversal here since interception. That's the problem with that plodding approach. Now WE need a big play. Hell. We're gonna need a few here..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema