• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Aftermath: What Does It All MEAN?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I stick with the things I say above, the first of these 3 posts especially strongly felt, but...
One more "BTW": Regarding Muschamp, and the "likelihood" of him being back, even IF this T. Harris thing turns out to be just trumped up BS, there's still the Mornigweg-fight silliness and a host of other off-field issues we haven't even heard about thru the media (I have been hearing a lot from "inside", and haven't been able to talk specifically about it if I wanna KEEP "hearing everything"--in other words, "more than I would if I DIDN'T make good my promises"), and all that PLUS the not-incidental fact that he's just not been getting the job done, living up to HIS "promises": Fact is he's gone no matter what now...
Thom Abraham, "Gator Insider Extraordinaire", had some things to say on The Fan earlier today that sums this all up: "There's the off-field problems, a program out-of-control under a 'strong disciplinarian' (the one thing he HAS lived up to). The DEFENSE, his supposed specialty, is deteriorating, getting beat (against Alabama it was woeful--and they sputtered pretty badly at times against Kentucky, of all teams, as well). And he hasn't made good his promise to 'turn Roper loose' either, hasn't let him open up the offense much at all. That offense continues to be mainly conservative. He's got this team second-guessing itself at every turn. It's death by over-analysis--this team is TIGHT, and plays that way--and it's all coming from him...No WAY he's the Head Coach come the start of the 2015 season."
So there it is--EVERYTHING we've been coming to, bitching about more and more for weeks (at least), succinctly stated by someone who is close to the scene, talks to everyone out front and "behind the scenes". OK, still "one man's opinion", but this is a guy who doesn't stick his neck out to make outlandish, high-profile statements, doesn't have to. He's already got the spotlight and reputation of "someone who knows" when it comes to what's going on with The Florida Gators. Not that you need him OR a crystal ball to see THIS one coming--but another "toll of the bell", if you will.
Have to "believe" (as in "have been given to understand") that quietly, away from the spotlight and "frontmen", The Search has already begun. (Hint hint...keeping in mind some things I say above right here, regarding what I can and can't explain--but again, does anyone need any of that to be pretty sure where this is all headed?) Even J. Foley doesn't have cover on this anymore. He's been out on a limb in his staunch, raise-his-pay support for awhile; it's his ass too that's hanging out there now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...Hey, I wonder how Muschamp would like it, if he'd even recognize his own "style-of-coaching", if Foley, or (even better from a comedic standpoint) a UF Regent were to be standing over HIM, screaming about his latest slew of problems and failings right there on the sidelines during a game, in front of near-100,00 Gator fans. Ya think it'd change anything, "help" ya do a better job, Coach?
Does anyone think anyone ever performs better under threat of such behavior? Ultimately, the GAME should be FUN--Yes, there's a lot on the line, it's a "serious business", but at the root of it all, these kids started playing, learned they were good and kept at it for so long now BECAUSE THEY LOVED FOOTBALL. You take that away from them, AND keep them constantly on edge, afraid they'll "screw up", with all the bummer consequences that you make damn sure they feel every part of responsible for, in front of the world no less, and that drains away. With predictable results: We're seeing them on a near-weekly basis now. When all's said and done, that "puts the capper on it", makes the situation (ie. a talented team can't get untracked) and its consequences all TOO "predictable".
Sorry, just needed to actually say that, finally. "Fire" is one thing. Bullying, blaming and calling it "coaching" is just an indictment of your own failings and weaknesses. Turns out you weren't ready for this, maybe never will be--by dint of your nature, Will Muschamp.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Says a lot--maybe everything.
Now: Before we get INTO all the crap that needs to be reflected BACK on police, etc., we need to know why the "insiders" at UF, starting with his Head Coach, DIDN'T exactly back him in the slightest--even though they had to have known at least the lawyer's AND Treon's version of events, how and (perhaps of even more immediate importance) WHEN these "responsible coaches, mentors and upright members of the University community" plan to rectify things. First step: PUT HIM BACK ON THE FIELD. Of course, Muschamp and Co. are gonna say he didn't practice with the team this past week so he couldn't possibly start, maybe not even play (especially if the University administrative gears don't turn fast enough to even allow this in the first place). But that's the exact BEST place for him to be--with his teammates, where he should have been all along, given all they had to have known about this thing from early on. I am just so disgusted and disappointed with everyone there, turned off the whole lot of 'em at the moment. They left this kid twisting in the wind--and Muschamp in particular seemed to have played it as a convenience...but there's plenty more craven cowardice to go around here. I am just about to an even darker view, not only in this incident but with regard to the whole program and University, I don't want to say too much more now--not 'til I've had a chance to watch, listen and think.
But for the first time as a Gator, I don't really care at the moment whether we win or lose tomorrow's game.
I just reread that last sentence, and find the fact that I said it, and the fact that I am ready to hit the "Post Reply" without deleting it, with equal self-disbelief.
(If I "come around", it'll only be for the players themselves, and all of us.)

awebbf5

VIP Member
Feels like watching as the world turns or as Gainesville is turned upside down. O geez I'm ready for a change. I really hope Mullen will consider coming back.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I hate to said this but the coaches made the right call to bench Harris. It's taking nearly two years for Winston to face some type of punishment and even then I wouldn't be surprised he won't get much if any punishment. If they let Harris play, then Florida isn't much better than the SOW.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I hate to said this but the coaches made the right call to bench Harris. It's taking nearly two years for Winston to face some type of punishment and even then I wouldn't be surprised he won't get much if any punishment. If they let Harris play, then Florida isn't much better than the SOW.

Even if Treon Harris is innocent of rape, he may be guilty of student code violation (one of the strictest in the country, by the way), or at the very least, guilty of poor judgement. Also, as the Flagship University of the State of Florida, the University of Florida reserves the right to hold its students to a higher standard than other schools. What this means is that you will probably hear in the news that some other school in the state is going to get away with tainted national titles and Heisman winners. The fans from those schools will get to brag about their titles and Heisman winner, albeit tainted, and the fact they will continue to get away with it. It is not fair, but even the fans and the investors are starting to decline.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema