• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2024 Transfer Portal

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Here are the fully or partially confirmed UF players to the portal as of Monday morning on Portal Day. The PFF grades and number of snaps is shown. Note that PFF grades are just like school grades. So far all the grades are C and below.
  1. DT Chris McClellan (63.7 PFF, 295 snaps, 37%)
  2. RG Jalen Farmer (61.7 PFF, 27 snaps, 4%)
  3. WR Caleb Douglas (59.7 PFF, 223 snaps, 24%)
  4. DT Will Norman (57.4 PFF, 8 snaps, 1%)*
  5. WR Thai Chiaokhiao-Bowman (56.4 PFF, 2 snaps, 0%)
  6. OT Jordan Herman (56.1 PFF, 21 snaps, 2%)
  7. S Kamari Wilson (55.8 PFF, 20 snaps, 3%)
  8. CB Jadarrius Perkins (48.9 PFF, 6 snaps, 0%)
  9. TE Jonathan Odom (48.1 PFF, 107 snaps, 12%)
  10. QB Max Brown (34.0 PFF, 112 snaps, 12%)
  11. RB Carlson Joseph (2 snaps)
  12. TE Andrew Savaiinaea (N/A PFF, 0 snaps, 0%)
  13. DT Keenan Landry (walk-on)
  14. K Adam Mihalek (walk-on)
Note that Florida has about 69 scholarship athletes on the roster and is expecting 19 on National Signing Day. This means the Gators need 5 scholarship athletes to leave just to stay at 85 scholarships.

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't want to be the one to utter the obvious line sitting out there, the one about rodents and flawed sailing vessels, but don't you think it more and more begins to apply?
Anyway, sure appears we'll "clear" room down to that "85" number...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...and now top 2022 4-star Napier recruit Kamari Wilson has entered the portal too.
The defenseman played and soon started in every game his freshman season.
A "worst-case scenario: appears to be developing--and I can't help but think, "a few more wins, a little less sideline confusion" might have taken this off-season in a different direction...
At least we'd still be BUSY PRACTICING, somehow FINISHING the right way right about now.

Escambia94

I don't want to be the one to utter the obvious line sitting out there, the one about rodents and flawed sailing vessels, but don't you think it more and more begins to apply?
Anyway, sure appears we'll "clear" room down to that "85" number...

So far so good. The only athletes who are transferring out are lower ranked. Look at the PFF grades. Dead weight. Hate to slap that label on a 20-year old kid, but they are getting paid to play football and they were not very good at it.

Even if we lose a sophomore like Etienne as rumored, that would suck but it would be understandable. Now, if a freshman with several starts then something is wrong.

Escambia94

...and now top 2022 4-star Napier recruit Kamari Wilson has entered the portal too.
The defenseman played and soon started in every game his freshman season.
A "worst-case scenario: appears to be developing--and I can't help but think, "a few more wins, a little less sideline confusion" might have taken this off-season in a different direction...
At least we'd still be BUSY PRACTICING, somehow FINISHING the right way right about now.
He played 20 snaps. If he could not figure out how to beat a bunch of kids to the field then he needs to go.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So far so good. The only athletes who are transferring out are lower ranked. Look at the PFF grades. Dead weight. Hate to slap that label on a 20-year old kid, but they are getting paid to play football and they were not very good at it.

Even if we lose a sophomore like Etienne as rumored, that would suck but it would be understandable. Now, if a freshman with several starts then something is wrong.
He played 20 snaps. If he could not figure out how to beat a bunch of kids to the field then he needs to go.
I hope you are right, E--...You sure are seeing the bright side of all of these. I'll give you that.
Wish I could do that--but all this is clearly hitting ME the opposite way. Truth is, I throw these "first reactions to latest news" OUT there this way so quickly with those very "HOPES" in mind:
I WELCOME your "it's better this wsy" takes!
Doesn't say too much overall for Billy's FIRST season here and early moves upon taking over, but if this all indeed turns out to be a "series of moves signifying the front end of general IMPROVEMENTS" that of course will be part of an important positive trend.
It doesn't counteract the pressures all our recruiting commits are facing out there right now, NOR ease fears regarding reports that we are supposedly "close to seeing some crucial ones flip" (word comes that with our fired defensive assistant being so quickly hired by the new A&M Coach, HE is working HARD to bring one of our latest blue-chippers in McCray over now with him, and SEVERAL schools are going HARD at 5-star Filsaime now too: We must SOMEHOW hold onto the best of this once much-envied defensive recruiting class!).
I know I am once again dwelling on the obvious AND letting predictable moves and news of it too much affect me. Can't help it: too much bad news for too long, without relief.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Transfer portal 2023: The following recruits from the class of 2022, Billy Napier’s first class, have entered the transfer portal

FirstLastPosHtWtHigh SchoolCollegeRatingNotes
KamariWilsonS6-0201Fort Pierce, Fla. / IMG Academyn/a0.9807Transfer portal 12/4/23. 55.8 PFF, 20 snaps, 3%
ChrisMcClellanDL6-3305Owasso, Okla. / Owasson/a0.9536Transfer portal 12/4/23.
63.7 PFF, 295 snaps, 37%
CalebDouglasWR6-3185Missouri City, Texas / Hightowern/a0.8817Transfer portal 12/4/23. 59.7 PFF, 223 snaps, 24%
AndrewSavalineaDL6-3258Graham. Wa. / Graham-Kapowsinn/a0.8702Transfer portal 12/4/23. N/A PFF, 0 snaps, 0%
JalenFarmerOL6-5325Covington, Ga. / Eastsiden/a0.8700Transfer portal 12/4/23. 61.7 PFF, 27 snaps, 4%
MaxBrownQB6-3200Tulsa, Ok./ Lincoln Christian Schooln/a0.8342Transfer portal 12/4/23. 34.0 PFF, 112 snaps, 12%
Again: What are your thoughts in response to all this?
Specifically, I ask again: "What does THIS say about Billy's judge of talent, character--and his own apparent 'recruiting prowess' even BEFORE we see how the 2024 cycle actually turns out?"

Escambia94

Again: What are your thoughts in response to all this?
Specifically, I ask again: "What does THIS say about Billy's judge of talent, character--and his own apparent 'recruiting prowess' even BEFORE we see how the 2024 cycle actually turns out?"
Hard to say. Nowadays it is common to have 20 players in the transfer portal. All the old rules are out the window.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hard to say. Nowadays it is common to have 20 players in the transfer portal. All the old rules are out the window.
But it is the particular apparent "COMPOSITION quality" currently trending that is worrisome. Princely and some of these others I guess I hoped, even expected, to be among those who stayed--either stuck with the program or (if the pro-draft-rankings were more favorable) MAYBE go pro. Jumping to competing schools has all kinds of additional impact and implications that go right back to our ongoing Coaching considerations.
You know what I am referring to here.
At this point, some sort of major rally in both the recruiting AND portal realms will be required if we are to somehow avoid finding ourselves with pretty well the same W-L record 1 year from now--even WITH improved overall performance in all the off-field problems which dogged us in 2023.
In short, I am beginning to feel that maybe I have not been pessimistic ENOUGH--a sad and depressing thought.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Some kind of "slam-dunk" OC signing by now might have at least helped shore up the "sinking ship" vibe.
(No. I myself do NOT have anyone in particular in mind--if not the obvious "longterm consideration" choice, Kerwin...but I frankly didn't expect that one--for reasons well-discussed before...)
Sorry. Each time I TRY to find SOMETHING the least bit "positive", reality strikes and turns it to dust between my fingers.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Trevor made HIS portal-exit official today.
Meanwhile the Seminoles are steadily solidifying, even improving on that "#3 recruiting class" that was once ours to lose--which "we" did.
The is all we are left with here now:
Gator Envy--a place to vent our frustration and sorrow. Glad it's here. But I sure as hell wish there was more "raison d'etre"!
(That's French for "something other than a parade of bummers to note and follow"...)
I keep waiting, searching for more and better. But the search ITSELF is getting me down, wearing me OUT.
I keep coming back here hoping to find some encouraging positivity from y'all. Instead, I end up being the endless, ominous "Voice of Doom".
Hey look: I'M getting tired of me TOO.
I will try once more to cool it.

Escambia94

Florida Gators defensive end to enter the transfer portal. The 6’5" 255 pound junior from Manor, Texas will have 1 year of eligibility remaining. Princely stared every game from 2021 to 2023. He was named to the USA Today All-SEC Team '23, AP All-SEC Second Team '23, and Coaches All-SEC Second Team '23. He led the team in sacks and tackles for loss two years in a row on the way to team awards for Outstanding Defensive Performer, Defensive Achievement Award, Co-Defensive Player of the Year (w/ Shemar James), and MVP (with Graham Mertz).

TOTSOLOASTPDSACKFFINTYDSTD

Escambia94

Yeah. It will only get worse with each day that Napier does not announce his new coaches. Some recruits will look at NIL + position coach and overlook the losing culture at Florida. Some will not.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sigh...
Either Billy dramatically reverses the recent trend here--and does so soon, VERY soon, OR--or, well, I just don't KNOW what!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94,
Damnit...Sorry: MEANT to say this on the "2024 Recruiting Class" thread, rather than here--though it is also appropriate in responseto your comment directly above!
Perhaps it would best be mo Ed OVEF to that particular thread--but I will leave e that up to YOU...The sentiment remains:

Same as what I said last over on "portal" thread, only MORE SO...,
This is turning out worse even than seen through my own pessimistic view.
It is past the point of prognostication what will be "his" fate if this or that does or doesn't happen.
We are a tattered program, once great but currently in pieces and drowning in a hole we dug OURSELVES.
As things ALREADY stand, I see little reason to even closely follow this team and program for a few years...It is more and more getting to be time to settle back and look for new (so far non-EXISTENT") signs of a true turnaround, the first murmerings of "new life" and REASON for "hope".
As it is, E--, you're damn RIGHT when you say that "things are only gonna get worse from here" before they begin to get better.
I won't be applying ANY of this specifically to our Coach's future any longer. I don't really think it matters all that much now...
THAT is how bad things have gotten here--up, down, RIGHT ACROSS THE BOARD.

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah. It will only get worse with each day that Napier does not announce his new coaches. Some recruits will look at NIL + position coach and overlook the losing culture at Florida. Some will not.
The "SOME will not" part is already HAPPENING!
Exhibit A: Trevor Etienne.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We may be a "sinking ship", but that doesn't make guys like this (and so many others) any less "rats"...
I'm sorry, but this whole "NFL Light" trend just sickens me.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And now it turns out Princely chooses Lane and Ol' Miss as his transfer destination--so F*CK HIM, big time!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema