• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2024 Transfer Portal

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Here is the master list of outgoing transfers.
PlayerClassRatingPFFTeam
RB Trevor Etienne20220.926181.3 PFFGeorgia
OG Micah Mazzcua2020 (Baylor)/ 2023 (Florida)0.860878.5 PFFBaylor
DL Princely Umanmielen20200.911776.3 PFFOle Miss
CB Jalen Kimber2020 (Georgia)/ 2022 (Florida)0.9534~69 PFFLouisville
STAR Jaydon Hill20190.9019~63 PFFTexas A&M
OG Richie Leonard IV20200.8633~65 PFFFSU
LB/ ST Manny Nunnery2018 (Houston)0.8456~65 PFFFlorida
DT Chris McClellan20220.953663.7 PFFMissouri
RG Jalen Farmer20220.873761.7 PFFKentucky
WR Caleb Douglas20220.885959.7 PFFTexas Tech
DT Will Norman20230.924457.4 PFFMarshall
WR Thai Chiaokhiao-Bowman20200.850056.4 PFF
OT Jordan Herman20220.750056.1 PFFCharlotte
S Kamari Wilson20220.980755.8 PFFArizona State
CB Jadarrius Perkins20210.890448.9 PFFToledo
TE Jonathan Odom20200.863348.1 PFFEastern Michigan
LB Scooby Williams20210.9671~47 PFFTexas A&M
QB Max Brown20220.837437.1 PFFCharlotte
RB Carlson Joseph20210.7500NR
TE Andrew Savaiinaea20220.8741NR
DT Keenan Landry20220.7500walk-on
K Adam Mihalek20220.7500walk-on

Jonathan Odom will be the only transfer with a degree from the University of Florida.

As of 12/11/23, the Gators were ranked #16 in the transfer rankings. As of 12/17/23 the Gators were ranked #47. As of 1/5/24 the Gators are #36.

Here is the master list of incoming transfers.
PlayerClassRatingGradeSchool
LB Grayson "Pup" Howard20200.940088.1 PFFAndrew Jackson, Jacksonville, FL
South Carolina
DL Joey Slackman20190.920090.1 PFFCommack, Commack, NY
Penn
CB Trikweze Bridges20190.890076.4 PFF defense
78.7 PFF special team
Lanett, Lanett, AL
Oregon
QB Clay Millen20210.8300Mt Si, Snoqualmie, WA
Colorado State
CB DJ Douglas2019WO72.4Alabaster, AL
Alabama
Tulane
WR Chimere Dike20200.8800~72 PFFNorth, Waukesha, WI
Wisconsin
OT Brandon Crenshaw-Dickson20190.870090.1 PFFNarbonne, Harbor City, CA
San Diego State
EDGE George Gumbs20210.850061.2 PFFSimeon, Chicago, IL
Northern Illinois

Last edited:

Escambia94

Keep an eye out for the following transfer portal candidates.
FirstLastHeightWeightRatingPositionTransfer Out TeamTransfer In Team
Joey​
Slackman​
6’4”​
300​
0.92​
DL​
Penn​
Florida
Raymond​
Cottrell​
6’3”​
215​
0.91​
WR​
Texas A&M​
Eric​
McAlister​
6’4”​
200​
0.89​
WR​
Boise State​
Zach​
Rice​
6’4”​
315​
0.99​
OT​
North Carolina​
Jonathan​
Mendoza​
6’7”​
300​
0.81​
OT​
Yale​
Gabriel​
Brownlo-Dindy​
6’3”​
280​
0.98​
DL​
Texas A&M​
Smoke​
Boule​
5’11”​
180​
0.97​
CB​
Georgia​

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Keep an eye out for the following transfer portal candidates.
FirstLastHeightWeightRatingPositionTeam
Joey​
Slackman​
6’4”​
300​
0.92​
DL​
Penn​
Raymond​
Cottrell​
6’3”​
215​
0.91​
WR​
Texas A&M​
Eric​
McAlister​
6’4”​
200​
0.89​
WR​
Boise State​
Zach​
Rice​
6’4”​
315​
0.99​
OT​
North Carolina​
Jonathan​
Mendoza​
6’7”​
300​
0.81​
OT​
Yale​
Gabriel​
Brownlo-Dindy​
6’3”​
280​
0.98​
DL​
Texas A&M​
Smoke​
Boule​
5’11”​
180​
0.97​
CB​
Georgia​
I'm hearing (without even TRYING, by the way: Between the headlines as I sweep by AND from scattered friends from Gator days, I get the impression there are currently a LOT of Gators out there "wishin', hopin',, prayin'..." for SOMETHING in the way of GOOD NEWS coming down the line!) that there is much action on tap in the transfer portal.
But I tend to agree with your previous overall appraisal of where our future building success--short AND longterm--will tend to arise:
That is, almost SOLELY in recruiting, conditioning and our Coaches' ability to train 'em up with discipline and particular schemes (for all three squads) in mind.
Still, like everyone else I TOO am keeping an eye on it all, along with an open mind. There are a coupla bigtime WRs I know we'd like to add as experienced guys to bolster (and hopefully somewhat mentor) what will otherwise be a talented but VERY young receiver room.
One's a freaky-fast hurdles guy whom has arisen in the relative backwater of Missouri State; another is a former 2020 Gator target who wound up at Notre Dame and has himself now entered the portal, named Tyree.
I'm not as familiar of other positions (or even aware of who's out there, having withdrawn somewhat from all this the last few days); Again, I HAD heard something of the two WRs on the above list, but so far can only take your word for the lineman and various defensive players--whom we need MORE of, in either case.
Frankly, my impression to a great extent up til now was that Billy's attitude towards the portal was somewhat akin to Dan Mullen's toward RECRUITING. Given how thin and depleted we were and are throughout all three squads at this point, here's hoping I'm wrong--and NEVER MIND any "anti-portal" sentiment!

Escambia94

Florida Gators quarterback Max Brown to enter transfer portal. The 6’3 220 redshirt freshman from Tulsa, Oklahoma will have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Brown was also an infielder for the Gators baseball team but has not registered any stats.
SeasonCMPATTCMP%YDSAVGTDINTLNGSACKRTG

Last edited:

Escambia94

Florida Gators wide receiver Caleb Douglas to enter the transfer portal. The 6’3” sophomore from Missouri City, Texas will have 2 years of eligibility unless he is granted a medical redshirt for a 3rd year.

YearRECYDSAVGTDLNG

Last edited:

Escambia94

Florida Gators safety Kamari Wilson to enter the transfer portal. The 6’ 170 pound sophomore from Fort Pierce, Florida will have 2 years of eligibility remaining unless he is granted a redshirt.

Edit: As of 11/30/23 Kamari Wilson’s father denies reports of the transfer portal.

YearTOTSOLOASTPDSACKFFINTYDSTD

Last edited:

Escambia94

Florida Gators defensive lineman Will Norman to enter the transfer portal. The 6’4” 300 pound freshman from Camden, New Jersey will have 3 years of eligibility remaining unless he is granted a redshirt.

YearTOTSOLOASTPDSACKFFINTYDSTD

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh oh..."portal giveth AND taketh away"???
More such rumors" are flyin'--while "I am busy DENYIN'..."
Once again, I commend y'all's attention to a site I have tended in the past to monitor but equally hold somewhat "at arm's-length":
"HAIL FLORIDA HAIL" tends to accurately report the latest rumors--which are HARDLY "inside info" by ANY means...and THEY are currently raising all of these and more, accompanied by a number of others which, If they turn out to have any real "fire" to go with their own admitted "so far just smoke", would put us deep in the woods FOR SURE!
They ALSO are careful to QUALIFY IN DEPTH, too--almost every BIT of it. Between here (NOW) and there (and elsewhere EARLIER), though, my nose and eyes are starting to burn!
This is exactly why I am doing all I can to ignore all the spreading "talk" and instead stick to my original "WAIT AND SEE" approach...
Of course there will turn out to BE some "losses" ahead; some prospects WILL fall by the wayside. AND if Billy and his people are doing THEIR jobs, between "the Trail" and "the Portal" WE will fill bout OUR "dance card" somewhat as well in the coming weeks. I just want--to some extent, EXPECT--our team to execute its OWN "gameplan" somewhat effectively as well.
As long as we do, progress should be made, right?
Like "ART", it may be hard to describe unseen--but we know it when we SEE it...
And we damn WELL need to at least BEGIN to SEE it!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh--and by tge way:
Catching this small glimpse of Max Brown competently beginning to show his talent and AOTITUDE for at least the BACK-UP QB role (and possibly much more), it is somewhat disappointing (and probably thoroughly predictable, in this "brave new world" of modern CFB) that he is now almost immediately placed in the "beauty pageant" that the inter-season transfer portal is now developing into.
My only thought/caveat is along the lines of, "Is this the only avenue open to him? Is it the BEST? Was this his hope or 'plan' all along? At least a 'possibility'?"
We ALL learned that Max may well be a really good fit in a wide-open Napier "Run AND Pass"-style offense (if he indeed HAS such a thing in mind).
That sure is what DJ himself is hoping to evebtually run and STAR in here. However, it could be a couple of years before he is filled out enough physically and MENTALLY to reach his hoped-for heights here, and even if Mertz stays HE's only got one more season at MOST at UF...As for Brown, well, sometimes these kids jump too soon; we've seen it before--and that was BEFORE the portal and all the rest.
Just throwing some thoughts around here.
That's sort of what we DO here.at GE, am I right?
Anyway, looking forward to hearing all the various thoughts and reactions...

Escambia94

I like Max Brown, but he was never going to be a starter at Florida or any SEC school.

This team sucked and we need better players. In order to get better players, we need the not-so-good players to leave. I wanted Max Brown to stay for depth, but I did not expect him to be a starter.

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTQBR
11/259/16865.40136.4
9/16865.401--

Escambia94

Trevor Etienne is rumored to enter the transfer portal, and I would hate it if he left but he is replaceable. I believe he missed at least 10 blocks a game. Halfbacks need to know how to block. If he wants to leave because he is tired of losing then he needs to check the mirror because he lost 10 blocking battles per game at a minimum and Montrell Johnson did not. He should stay at Florida and hope a new OC will bring tackling dummies for him to practice with.

Escambia94

Florida Gators wide receiver Thai Chiaokhiao-Bowman plans to enter the Transfer Portal. The 6’1 200 sophomore from Minneapolis, Minnesota will have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

YearRECYDSAVGTDLNG

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I like Max Brown, but he was never going to be a starter at Florida or any SEC school.

This team sucked and we need better players. In order to get better players, we need the not-so-good players to leave. I wanted Max Brown to stay for depth, but I did not expect him to be a starter.

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTQBR
11/259/16865.40136.4
9/16865.401--
"...For depth."-- Exactly my feelings...but hardly someone we were counting on for "future success"...I never was especially comfortable with our "backup" situation (when it comes to QB and the transfer portal, it's been more or less a "win one/lose one" situation this past season, I suppose).
I want very much to see Graham Mertz stay and enhance his eventual draft-stock even as he helps young DJ Lagway begin his transition to the SEC. I still sense we'd be wise to have SOMEONE as a proper "experienced backup" between the two (I have no idea where things are at with the Ohio State kid, or even his physical or mental state at this point), and though Brown was never seeming up to our starting role, his progress and limited experience here this season DID appear to serve him (and US) well.
I neither grasp nor agree with why a young player of his "midrange" talent level (plus possible baseball ambitions) would voluntarily choose to go to some lesser program, under the circumstances--but that IS the world we live in now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Trevor Etienne is rumored to enter the transfer portal, and I would hate it if he left but he is replaceable. I believe he missed at least 10 blocks a game. Halfbacks need to know how to block. If he wants to leave because he is tired of losing then he needs to check the mirror because he lost 10 blocking battles per game at a minimum and Montrell Johnson did not. He should stay at Florida and hope a new OC will bring tackling dummies for him to practice with.
He has great elusiveness AND power, so I hate to lose him--but everything you say is right on, E--.
And if he caves to his big brother's badgering, not to mention his ego, laziness and overall blindness to his own current limitations, then he really IS in the longer run "just another potential problem".
I haven't always liked the way our Coach /"OC" has chosen to use (or NOT use) the weapons we had here this year in his sometimes "questionable gameplans", and Etienne is just ONE of those "weapons" that I hear/FEAR talk that we may now LOSE to the portal.
THAT part is perhaps currently a "Billy problem"--but in this case it is also apparently just as much an "Etienne-problem" as well.
Perhaps we CAN "afford to lose" this talented young RB, as you say, E--, that there are OTHER good ones, perhaps even more COMPLETE backs out there in the portal AND our recruiting future, but I sure as heck don't want to find ourselves down Tre Wison and some of the others now rumored to be considering "entering"!
We must generally somehow build on what we have, NOT immediately begin hemorrhaging a significant portion of the talent we had gathered and begun to nurture here. Part of this staff's job is to KEEP and help to EVOLVE this team, NOT just to add to it (important as that indeed IS).
It's a tough enough road WITHOUT these added complications further strewn before us.
Right or wrong, most folks will only be looking for MORE reasons and people to BLAME.

Escambia94

"...For depth."-- Exactly my feelings...but hardly someone we were counting on for "future success"...I never was especially comfortable with our "backup" situation (when it comes to QB and the transfer portal, it's been more or less a "win one/lose one" situation this past season, I suppose).
I want very much to see Graham Mertz stay and enhance his eventual draft-stock even as he helps young DJ Lagway begin his transition to the SEC. I still sense we'd be wise to have SOMEONE as a proper "experienced backup" between the two (I have no idea where things are at with the Ohio State kid, or even his physical or mental state at this point), and though Brown was never seeming up to our starting role, his progress and limited experience here this season DID appear to serve him (and US) well.
I neither grasp nor agree with why a young player of his "midrange" talent level (plus possible baseball ambitions) would voluntarily choose to go to some lesser program, under the circumstances--but that IS the world we live in now.
It is hard to understand 18-21 year old college athletes. Florida’s QB depth chart in 2023:
- Graham Mertz, Tr-Jr, 4*
- Max Brown, RSo, 3*
- Jack Miller, TrSo, 3* (injured)
- (Walk-On) Micah Leon, Gr, unrated
- (Walk-On) Parker Leise, Fr, 3*

Compare that to Alabama or Georgia who carry up to five QBs on scholarship, all 4* and 5*. I do not understand why Gator fans think we should only have one scholarship QB on the roster nor do I understand why we get upset when a 3* QB leaves. Florida has not kept more than two 5* QBs on its roster since it had Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, and John Brantley IV in 2008. One could argue that the Cam Newton laptop incident ended the Gator dynasty, because Florida only got one 5* QB on campus since then, Jeff Driskel. Even with Driskel, he was recruited by Urban Meyer’s staff and he grew up a Gator fan so he was likely to commit to Florida no matter what. Without Meyer’s staff the Gators have failed to get a single 5* QB since 2011.

If Max Brown left due to lack of NIL money then that is a different matter. No college QB in their right mind should expect to be a starter on a winning SEC team unless he is a 4* or 5* QB—especially in this era of NIL.

Alabama has three 4* QBs and one 5* on the depth chart for 2024. Georgia has three 5* QBs and a couple 4*. Florida will have a transfer 4*, a freshman 5*, and a walk-on. Brown should have returned. Furthermore, Florida will need to grab a former 3* QB for depth, maybe an injured 4*. Yikes. Florida’s QB depth chart in 2024:
- Graham Mertz, Tr-Sr, 4*
- DJ Lagway, Fr, 5*
- (Walk-On) Parker Leise, So, 3*

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It is hard to understand 18-21 year old college athletes. Florida’s QB depth chart in 2023:
- Graham Mertz, Tr-Jr, 4*
- Max Brown, RSo, 3*
- Jack Miller, TrSo, 3* (injured)
- (Walk-On) Micah Leon, Gr, unrated
- (Walk-On) Parker Leise, Fr, 3*

Compare that to Alabama or Georgia who carry up to five QBs on scholarship, all 4* and 5*. I do not understand why Gator fans think we should only have one scholarship QB on the roster nor do I understand why we get upset when a 3* QB leaves. Florida has not kept more than two 5* QBs on its roster since it had Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, and John Brantley IV in 2008. One could argue that the Cam Newton laptop incident ended the Gator dynasty, because Florida only got one 5* QB on campus since then, Jeff Driskel. Even with Driskel, he was recruited by Urban Meyer’s staff and he grew up a Gator fan so he was likely to commit to Florida no matter what. Without Meyer’s staff the Gators have failed to get a single 5* QB since 2011.

If Max Brown left due to lack of NIL money then that is a different matter. No college QB in their right mind should expect to be a starter on a winning SEC team unless he is a 4* or 5* QB—especially in this era of NIL.

Alabama has three 4* QBs and one 5* on the depth chart for 2024. Georgia has three 5* QBs and a couple 4*. Florida will have a transfer 4*, a freshman 5*, and a walk-on. Brown should have returned. Furthermore, Florida will need to grab a former 3* QB for depth, maybe an injured 4*. Yikes. Florida’s QB depth chart in 2024:
- Graham Mertz, Tr-Sr, 4*
- DJ Lagway, Fr, 5*
- (Walk-On) Parker Leise, So, 3*
Pretty grim outlook, really, when you step back and look at it all with clear eyes...but that IS my point about Max Brown specifically: "What is he THINKING?" Given everything, being the 2024 Gator backup is as good a chance as he has any right to expect--especially factoring in his baseball interests. As you say, though, who KNOWS what an 18-yr-old kid is thinking?
I don't care to revisit that whole Cam Newton sequence/fiasco a dozen-plus years back, don't even wanna GO there. I have often wondered in intervening years how everything might have gone completely differently had THAT mess (mixed up kid, petty criminal old man and all) not played out on the dark side of the Urban Meyer watch.
Moving on, things may well have been different NOW without that NIL stumbling confusion back before the 2023 season--and ANOTHER young kid and his family (in THEIR greed and inexperience) playing on our ignorance and inexperience, this time in the new realities.
But that thinness at QB was and is only ONE of many mounting problems for this team and program. "THINNESS" everywhere, if truth be told--and possibly threatening to get WORSE, if anything, as we well know.
Then I held my nose and took a deep dive, thumb on fast-forward, watching the replay of our last game last night. Yikes. I won't go on at length--in fact, for the moment I will simply start and end with our Coach's play-calling/game-planning:
He was mostly conservative (playing "not-to-LOSE") when he often needed to be aggressive--and then, at a crucial moment that turned our last chance to seize control of the game into the turning point that turned the tide against us, he gave it all away: He suddenly goes AGGRESSIVE and calls that "Play That NEVER Works" again, and turns our big "drive to end the half", STARTING on their side of midfield (after a SAFETY by our defense!), into a punt from way back--and the ensuing first collapse by our up-til-then actually decent-looking D.
Though that D tried to do what it could after that, Coach's offense was a no-show for the balance of play.
My gut-level impression was more or less confirmed by this review of the flow of this one game: THIS is EXACTLY why I have lost so much faith in Billy Napier...
I just no longer have any confidence in his ability to plan or call a game on offense--and HE fancies that his own STRONG SUIT!
So, repeating the obvious, with all the evidence that he will be our Coach at least another 2 seasons, THIS is why his naming a new OC is so important. It is perhaps our ONLY CHANCE to make any real progress from here.
Sure, it might have come at a better time, but we damn well better somehow pull a winner out of the hat--or we will be in an even DEEPER hole when this Coach finally "comfortably retires".
That's right:
Billy either (1) somehow "lands on his feet", recognized as the "Ideal Coach/CEO" who "gathers the right mix of staff and players together", "molds them into a tight and talented unit", and eventually returns Florida Football to SEC DOMINANCE (!), or (2) Well, no need to go on at great length about it: We all have a pretty fair picture of where this all could be headed.
Should he manage to pull off #1, no one will be better pleased than I...HOWEVER, I cannot say that I am presently brimming with confidence.
Believe me: I have NO interest in "Being RIGHT."
But I won't lie to myself and/or y'all either.
We must judge by RESULTS.
And so far...?

Escambia94

Florida Gators defensive lineman, former JUCO transfer, and preferred walk-on Keenan Landry plans to enter the Transfer Portal. The 6’1 305 sophomore from Jennings, Louisiana will have 2 years of eligibility remaining.
YearSchool Games
2021Mississippi Gulf Coast9
2022Florida1
2023Florida2

Escambia94

Florida Gators defensive lineman and tight end Andrew Savaiinaea plans to enter the Transfer Portal. The 6’3” 275 redshirt freshman from Graham, Washington will have 3 years of eligibility remaining.
YearSchoolGames
2022Florida0
2023Florida1

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...and it goes on. I recall this kid as a 2022 "preferred walk on" who was awarded a scholarship earlier this season...Don't know the details here--only that he didn't/ get much in the way of appearances, and now he's leaving, so unless/until we hear more in the way of "background material", I'll let the "small fish wriggle free" and wait to see what we get in his place, so to speak.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Florida Gators defensive lineman and tight end Andrew Savaiinaea plans to enter the Transfer Portal. The 6’3” 275 redshirt freshman from Graham, Washington will have 3 years of eligibility remaining.
YearSchoolGames
2022Florida0
2023Florida1
Another one of those "big slow guys" Billy seemed to be collecting there for a spell...
As before, best to "wait and see how this all shakes OUT".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema