• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2024 Transfer Portal

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The Gators are in play for the following transfers:
- Malik Benson 0.9600 WR entered 1/03/2024 Alabama
- CJ Daniels 0.9200 WR entered 1/04/2024 Liberty

The remaining uncommitted transfers with a rating over 0.9000:
1. Evan Stewart WR 0.9800 Texas A&M (+7.74)
2. Quinshon Judkins RB 0.9600 Ole Miss (+5.84)
3. AJ Harris CB 0.9500 Georgia (+4.95)
4. Lance Heard OT 0.9400 LSU (+4.09)
5. Jamaree Caldwell DL 0.9300 Houston (+3.24)
6. CJ Daniels WR 0.9200 Liberty (+2.39)
7. Tackett Curtis LB 0.9200 USCw (+2.39)
8. Donaven McCulley WR 0.9100 Indiana (+1.67)
9. Korey Foreman EDGE 0.9100 USCw (+1.67)
10. Rashad Amos RB 0.9100 Maryland (+1.67)
11. Jahmal Banks WR 0.9000 Wake Forest (+1.15)

The overall recruiting ranking including transfers is #13 (271.89). The point differential between #13 and #10 is 8.26 points. The differential between #13 and #5 is 20.48 points.

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
As of January 6, 2023 the Gators have 75 players on the roster, meaning they have room for 10 more.
Whatta ya think? Will we fill them all? (We sure NEED to--and with quality players, too, obviously.)
How do you think/feel we are doing so far?
I admit to being somewhat "lost in the process".
Given how things work now (and ESPECIALLY after the way so much of the PROMISE of our 2024 RECRUITING class ultimately evaporated), it certainly appears that everything now rests on the eventual quality of what turns out to be our "net GAIN" in the transfer portal.
In other words, we are more or less down to "grabbing at straws blowing by in a full-on gail".
I will await your analysis in a few weeks.
For the moment, I am not particularly flush with hope OR pride.

Escambia94

Whatta ya think? Will we fill them all? (We sure NEED to--and with quality players, too, obviously.)
How do you think/feel we are doing so far?
I admit to being somewhat "lost in the process".
Given how things work now (and ESPECIALLY after the way so much of the PROMISE of our 2024 RECRUITING class ultimately evaporated), it certainly appears that everything now rests on the eventual quality of what turns out to be our "net GAIN" in the transfer portal.
In other words, we are more or less down to "grabbing at straws blowing by in a full-on gail".
I will await your analysis in a few weeks.
For the moment, I am not particularly flush with hope OR pride.

So far the transfers in are an upgrade, but these narratives can shift rather quickly. The average grade of the out-going transfers was 80 not counting the 4 players without any PFF grade. The average grade for the in-coming transfers is 88. It is hard to tell position-by-position how the upgrades are going because the new assistants are relabeling some of the positions. For example, in 2022 Patrick Toney loosely used the terms SAM , MIKE, and WILL for the strong-side linebacker, middle linebacker, and the weak-side linebacker, respectively and sometimes used either SAME or WILL as the JACK. In 2023 Austin Armstrong arbitrarily labeled two linebackers as LB and had a dedicated JACK. In 2024 it looks like the LB positions will change again, perhaps with a return of a true EDGE or a generic DL. In terms of scouting grade I would say these are definite upgrades even if they are not truly apples-to-oranges comparisons:
- Scooby Williams to Pup Howard = upgrade from 47 PFF to 88 PFF
- Princely Umanmielien to Joey Slackman = upgrade from 76 to 9 PFF
- Addition of a true EDGE George Gumbs = upgrade. Coach Austin Armstrong should get better production out of JACK, F, and B backers, regardless of how these get relabeled in the modified scheme.
- Jaydon Hill to Trikweze Bridges = upgrade from 63 PFF to 75 PFF
- Replacing graduating senior WR Ricky Pearsal with WR Chimere Dike = push. Dike has the advantage of being Graham Mertz's WR a couple years ago, so there is familiarity.
- Micah Mazzcua to Brendan Crenshaw-Dickson = upgrade from 79 PFF to 90 PFF, and an opportunity to shuffle the guards and tackles back to their correct positions.

EDIT: My roster count above was incorrect. We have room for 5 more transfers, not 10.

PLAYER​
2023 DEPTH​
2024 DEPTH​
SCOUTING​
PFF​
CLASS​
STATUS​
Scooby Williams
MIKE 1/ SAM 2
N/A
97​
47​
2021​
OUT​
Grayson “Pup” Howard
N/A
MIKE 1/ SAM 2
94​
88​
2020​
IN​
Joey Slackman
N/A
DL 1
92​
90​
2019​
IN​
Kamari Wilson
TBD
N/A
90​
56​
2022​
OUT​
Trikweze Bridges
N/A
STAR 1
89​
76​
2019​
IN​
Chimere Dike
N/A
WR-Y 1
88​
72​
2020​
IN​
Jadarrius Perkins
TBD
N/A
88​
49​
2021​
OUT​
Jalen Kimber
LCB 2
N/A
87​
69​
2022​
OUT​
George Gumbs
N/A
EDGE 1
85​
61​
2021​
IN​
Thai Chiakhiao-Bowman
WR-Y 2
N/A
85​
56​
2021​
OUT​
Micah Mazzccua
LG 1
N/A
83​
79​
2023​
OUT​
Chris McClellan
END 2
N/A
82​
64​
2022​
OUT​
Princely Umanmielen
JACK 1
N/A
82​
76​
2020​
OUT​
Trevor Etienne
RB 2
N/A
82​
81​
2022​
OUT​
Will Norman
TBD
N/A
82​
57​
2023​
OUT​
Brandon Crenshaw-Dixon
N/A
RT 1
81​
90​
2019​
IN​
Caleb Douglas
WR-X 1
N/A
80​
60​
2022​
OUT​
Jaydon Hill
STAR 1
N/A
80​
63​
2019​
OUT​
Jalen Farmer
TBD
N/A
79​
62​
2022​
OUT​
Miguel Mitchell
SS 1
N/A
79​
NR​
2022​
OUT​
Andrew Savaiinaea
TBD
N/A
78​
NR​
2022​
OUT​
Jonathan Odom
LTE 1
N/A
76​
48​
2020​
OUT​
Max Brown
QB 2
N/A
76​
37​
2022​
OUT​
Richard Leonard
RG 1
N/A
76​
65​
2020​
OUT​
Adam Mihalek
K 1
N/A
70​
NR​
2021​
OUT​
Carlson Joseph
TBD
N/A
70​
NR​
2021​
OUT​
Jordan Herman
TBD
N/A
70​
NR​
2021​
OUT​
Keenan Landry
TBD
N/A
70​
NR​
2021​
OUT​

Escambia94

So...
Roughly translated summation:
"So far, so good."
After inserting all of Napier’s high school recruits and transfer portal athletes I would say that this roster overhaul is looking very good.

The chart below shows the best players are a mix of high school recruits and transfers. I have another chart showing how each of these is a vast improvement over Mullen’s recruits, with the exception of some Napier recruits from 2022-2023.
Screenshot from 2024-01-07 11-22-35.png

Escambia94

Top Alabama commitments to poach:

1. ⁠James Smith
2. ⁠Qua Russaw
3. ⁠Zavier Mincey
4. ⁠Jameer Grimsley
5. ⁠Dezz Ricks
6. ⁠Keon Kelly
7. ⁠Richard Young
8. ⁠Tony Mitchell
9. ⁠Ryan Williams

No guarantee that any player will leave, but the Gator staff should at least try to recapture the ones who had visited Florida: Smith, Russaw, Mincey, and Grimsley.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
After inserting all of Napier’s high school recruits and transfer portal athletes I would say that this roster overhaul is looking very good.

The chart below shows the best players are a mix of high school recruits and transfers. I have another chart showing how each of these is a vast improvement over Mullen’s recruits, with the exception of some Napier recruits from 2022-2023.
View attachment 876
Ye GODS, I hope you're right E--...
(Meanwhile, any way to let Lanning know "back channel"(?): "Pssst...Hey Dan, even if you DON'T jump to the SEC with Bama, you could very well get another shot NEXT year with US--a talented roster with plenty of money and UPSIDE.")
...Or MAYBE by then Pete is bored and getting antsy, needs a chance to show he's still got "IT": That "Master Builder-gene" that allows him to show HE can "bring the magic one more time".
I'm grasping at straws, "throwing spitballs" as they say in bigtime boardroom planning sessions.
Because let's face it:
"Make it or BREAK IT" time is here--Billy has GOT to lead what at least amounts to a "Real CHARGE" in '24, a clear breakthrough in who we are and where we're going as we face what is widely acknowledged to be one of the toughest schedules in the country.
There is more to show additional concern about, but there's still time and room for additional moves. Here's hoping.

Escambia94

Minor updates:
- 4☆ WR Bryson Rogers from Ohio State visited UF on Friday
- 4☆ DB Mishael Powell from Washington will visit UF on Sunday
- 4☆ Jerrian Thompson from Texas will visit UF on Sunday.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Who can keep TRACK of this game of "Musical Chairs"?!! We really won't be able to properly assess and evaluate net "gains and losses" until "the music stops"!
@Escambia94,
You seem to have a better and more detailed grasp of who and what has been coming and going lately...Care to make any "early pronouncements" as to how this all seems to be turning out as we approach our first full and solid glimpse of who we'll have to face in the other teams (many with OUR former players!) that comprise next season's formidable schedule?

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema