• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Yeguete, Murphy bulked up

News Bot

News Bot
A full offseason under second-year strength coach Preston Greene resulted in big strength gains for two key Florida forwards.
Senior forward Erik Murphy is up to 238 pounds, while junior forward Will Yeguete is at 240 pounds. That added bulk should help both players in the post in the rough-and-tumble Southeastern Conference.
“It’s gonna help me a lot especially on defense in the post, offensively to be able to post up, holding my ground,” said Yeguete, who added his foot is back at 100 percent.
Yeguete got a jump on UF’s strength and conditioning plan when he suffered a broken foot that kept him out of the NCAA Tournament. That carried over into the summer through Greene’s unorthodox training methods.
“We were pushing trucks, flipping tires, running around with a boxing bag,” Yeguete said. “It was crazy but we got through it. We all got better, we all got bigger and I think it’s going to help us this season.”
Murphy, who was 218 pounds when he arrived on campus as a freshman, said he has put extra time in the weight room during the offseason.
“It will help a lot, down low especially, banging,” said Murphy, who averaged 4.5 rebounds per game last season. “That’s something that’s always been a little bit of a struggle for me.”

Source: GatorSports.com - Hoops Scoop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema