• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Worst Way To Lose a Game

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
What is the worst way you have ever seen a college football team lose a game? Here is my list.
  1. 2023: Miami fumbling on a run with 30 seconds left to allow Georgia Tech to score GW TD drive. Miami could have kneeled and ended the game.
  2. 2021: Florida State allows a game-winning Hail Mary versus Jacksonville State.
  3. 2019: The Ole Miss player costing his team a PAT by doing a "pissing dog" TD celebration
  4. 2020: Marco Wilson ends Florida's College Football Playoff hopes in a stunning 37-34 loss to LSU by committing an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty with less than two minutes remaining. The penalty kept a Tigers drive alive, allowing for kicker Cade York to nail a go-ahead 57-yard field goal with 23 seconds remaining. Also note that Gators kicker Evan McPherson uncharacteristically missed a kick.
  5. 2022: Oregon going for it on 4th down last year in his own territory vs Washington
  6. 2015: Michigan's botched punt vs Michigan St

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What is the worst way you have ever seen a college football team lose a game? Here is my list.
  1. 2023: Miami fumbling on a run with 30 seconds left to allow Georgia Tech to score GW TD drive. Miami could have kneeled and ended the game.
  2. 2021: Florida State allows a game-winning Hail Mary versus Jacksonville State.
  3. 2019: The Ole Miss player costing his team a PAT by doing a "pissing dog" TD celebration
  4. 2020: Marco Wilson ends Florida's College Football Playoff hopes in a stunning 37-34 loss to LSU by committing an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty with less than two minutes remaining. The penalty kept a Tigers drive alive, allowing for kicker Cade York to nail a go-ahead 57-yard field goal with 23 seconds remaining. Also note that Gators kicker Evan McPherson uncharacteristically missed a kick.
  5. 2022: Oregon going for it on 4th down last year in his own territory vs Washington
  6. 2015: Michigan's botched punt vs Michigan St
Of course, the latest one is fresh in our collective consciousness:
Despising Miami as I do, I chortled happily watching the replays (and stunned reactions of the Canes fans!) at Mario Cristobal's bone-headed play-calling, and even more his lug-headed efforts to somehow EXPLAIN himself postgame...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
1976: Fourth and Dumb though The Gators had time to recover but
(Oh DAMN...Don't REMIND me! I was already accepted at UF, raised in Florida, a lifelong fan just months away from my freshman year--so I KNOW the play you refer to...but there are still worse moments, where we lost games on virtually the last play. For example, I was happily buzzed and partying in my first Cocktail Party just a few years later when we LOST one on a Georgia last play run-back. As with the play YOU mention, Lf, I refuse to further describe the details.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema