• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Will we see the same Urban Meyer?

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"I have no doubt that Urban Meyer has had a great summer. We've talked several times and I spent some time in his office where he was gracious enough to sign a few things for my golf tournament. He looks great, says he feels wonderful and appears to have solved his health issues.

So here's my question.

Meyer has enjoyed his summer. He has taken time off and learned to appreciate that time off. But will it affect Meyer as the head coach at UF?"

More: http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100706/articles/100709737?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

ilovegators

VIP Member
I think he will ... but this kind of reminds of when Tom Coughlin had to change his coaching style with the Giants and then he ended up winning a Super Bowl. Tom would always be yelling and cussing and getting in the players' faces ... he pulled back some and they ended up winning.

I think Meyer will be the same, but you never know. Might be a new challenge for him to win with a new coaching style.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I think he will ... but this kind of reminds of when Tom Coughlin had to change his coaching style with the Giants and then he ended up winning a Super Bowl. Tom would always be yelling and cussing and getting in the players' faces ... he pulled back some and they ended up winning.

I think Meyer will be the same, but you never know. Might be a new challenge for him to win with a new coaching style.

I'm working on a new "Talk of the Town" topic, and to let the cat out of the bag it's about Urban Meyer. I'll have it posted this weekend.

TenGator1

Gator Fan
I don't see a guy like Meyer being able to completely relinquish all of his responsibility. Hopefully he as learned to make some of the position coaches more accountable. If he can make a few life style changes, and trust his staff to be intense and motivated about his plan to win, the sky is the limit for one of the best in the SEC/Country. I want to see this Coaching staff mesh very well together....all signs have pointed to this so far. But, lets pretend its 4th Quarter @ Bama and we are down by 7 with time running out. What Meyer will we see then? A relaxed guy who isn't as jacked up as he ever was? DON'T THINK SO

I think ,by nature, Meyer is very hands on and very conservative. Have any of you read Urban's Way? It's a great insight into why Urban is who he is. I hope that Urb has learned to cool off and recharge the batteries in the Summer. But I expect the same intensity (hopefully supercharged and rejuvenated) ,when fall practice kicks off in August.

Do I think we will see the same Urban Meyer? NO.....I think we will see a better Urban Meyer in 2010

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I don't see a guy like Meyer being able to completely relinquish all of his responsibility. Hopefully he as learned to make some of the position coaches more accountable. If he can make a few life style changes, and trust his staff to be intense and motivated about his plan to win, the sky is the limit for one of the best in the SEC/Country. I want to see this Coaching staff mesh very well together....all signs have pointed to this so far. But, lets pretend its 4th Quarter @ Bama and we are down by 7 with time running out. What Meyer will we see then? A relaxed guy who isn't as jacked up as he ever was? DON'T THINK SO

I think ,by nature, Meyer is very hands on and very conservative. Have any of you read Urban's Way? It's a great insight into why Urban is who he is. I hope that Urb has learned to cool off and recharge the batteries in the Summer. But I expect the same intensity (hopefully supercharged and rejuvenated) ,when fall practice kicks off in August.

Do I think we will see the same Urban Meyer? NO.....I think we will see a better Urban Meyer in 2010

Good post, and I agree 100%.

Perhaps Urban may have been burning the candle at both ends at the end of last season, but taking some time out to enjoy himself and spending some quality time to be with his family was just what he needed. He had a health issue that needed to be addressed before it was too late, and he did just that.

God helps those who help themselves, and I have no doubt that Urban Meyer will find a way to achieve balance in his personal life without sacrificing the effort it takes to be the best of the best in college football. He cares too much about Florida football to see the program drop off - and I'll talk about that this weekend in my latest TOTT segment.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema