• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Will Derrick Harvey go pro?

sammy

VIP Member
Do you think Harvey will go pro? Didn't he have 3 sacks in the national championship game? I can't see his stock getting much higher than it is now.

253084.jpg

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Derrick Harvey said he isn't leaving. I think he should though, he would probably be a top 20 pick. He has more upside then DE in the draft, he has only played football for 5 years. He may stay or go, staying would suit him best.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
He doesn't have more upside than Gaines Adams out of Clemson. He could be a top 5 pick if the cards fall right for him.

As a gator fan I'd love to see Harvey stay though. Our defense is losing a lot of starters and we could use some senior leadership on the team.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
He doesn't have more upside than Gaines Adams out of Clemson. He could be a top 5 pick if the cards fall right for him.

As a gator fan I'd love to see Harvey stay though. Our defense is losing a lot of starters and we could use some senior leadership on the team.

I disagree. Harvey had 11 sacks this year, not starting much, 8 were in SEC games, 3 in the National Championship, and much like more well known player in the NFL draft, some of the unknowns (Shawn Merriman) end up doing better than other well known players. Harvey has only played football since 11th grade. Still had 33 sacks that year. He has very high upside. More than Adams. Name one other played that can get 11 sacks while mainly playing third downs. I can't. And he probably runs a 4.5 to boot.

lilChomp

VIP Member
Gotta agree with GatorGuy, although Merriman had a little help from his friend Mr Steroid Needles.

Teams know what they're getting with Adams, what you see is what you get. He led the ACC in sacks. That's not a knock on him, but you want a player with high potential, not one that is virtually capped.

I can see Harvey being a speedy pass rusher for someone in the NFL like Dwight Freeney, only a bit bigger.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema