• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who are you most excited to see?

JohnnyBGood

VIP Member
What incoming freshman or 1st year player are you most excited to see? I can't wait to see Chris Rainey. He rushed for over 2,000 yards as a senior and probably averaged over 10 ypc. We haven't had an exciting running back here (outside of a few Fason plays) in a long time. Probably since Fred Taylor...I would love to see a flashy, dominating running back.

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
Depends a little bit on how this class shapes up. As of right now I would have to say that I am most excited about a couple of the D-line players that it looks like will be in this class. I really hope we can add some depth to our d-line out of the freshman.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I am excited to see Cam Newton take the field. I'm sure he will be used in a lot of blowout games and given as many opportunities to learn the system as Tebow did this past year.

The guy is big and fast and has a cannon for an arm. What's not to be excited about?

blueshoesnb

VIP Member
dude you took the words right from my mouth!

he goes to school about 20 minutes away from where i go to school and have been blessed to see him in person. I can tell you he has a cannon of an arm, my team came back on his team and won 14-13 but it was scary up till the end, he was standing on his own 35-40 and just flicking the ball out the back of the endzone. I mean that doesnt seem far but the guy did it with almost no thought at all and then right after he would do that he would run around with his speed looks like a 4.6 dont know what it really is but its crazy fast for a guy who is 6'6!

did i mention he plays basketball too?! haha he wont play for school hes good but not that good, but damn when hes about 5 inches away and your in bleachers and you still look up, thats sick. the kid is built like nobodies business. watch out brantley is all I got to say...

blueshoesnb

VIP Member
I run a group for my high school and I do write up's after every game and this is an excerpt from the game against cameron, I had no idea what his name was at the time or that he was going to uf i thought that was pretty cool when I found out later

"Westlake had no trouble running the table, the threat of the long ball would not let the Vikings get out of a 2 deep formation for much of the game and the Lions took advantage, running with ease with 3 backs who made quick cuts in and out of trouble and then could use their speed to get in the open field. The Lions qb standing at a monster 6'5 235 lbs. kept the Vikings nervous all night. He had 3 huge runs of more then 15 yards only to be brought down at the last second by his big toe."

he was listed as 6'5 by his high school 6'6 by scouts and uf

lilChomp

VIP Member
That's an awesome write up. You're very talented.

It's not unheard of for guys to continue to grow at 17 or 18 years old. He could have easily put on another inch or two.

Swampman

VIP Member
Definitely wanting to see cam newton. I'm surprised people aren't as hyped up about him as they were about Tebow this time last year. Cammy could be the real deal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema