• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 6: Top 25 and SEC Predictions and Scores

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Here are the predictions for week 6. The scores will be updated as results come in.
Matchup AP/ Sagarin RatingPredictionScore
#1 (7) Georgia vs #20 Kentucky36-1751-13
#2 Michigan @ Minnesota26-1052-10
#3 Texas vs #12 Oklahoma42-3630-34
#4 Ohio State vs Maryland32-1437-17
#5 FSU @ Virginia Tech40-1439-17
#6 Penn State - bye-
#7 Washington - bye-
#8 Oregon - bye-
#9 USC vs Arizona21-1043-41 OT
#10 Notre Dame @ #25 Louisville27-2120-33
#11 (1) Alabama @ Texas A&M21-1426-20
#12 Oklahoma ^-
#13 Washington State vs UCLA36-2717-25
#14 North Carolina vs Syracuse32-2140-7
#15 Oregon State vs Cal42-1452-40
#16 (15) Ole Miss vs Arkansas38-1027-20
#17 Miami vs Georgia Tech45-1020-23
#18 Utah - bye
#19 Duke - bye
#20 (28) Kentucky ^
#21 (40) Missouri vs #23 LSU21-3839-49
#22 (12) Tennessee - bye
#23 (18) LSU ^
#24 Fresno State @ Wyoming30-1719-24
#25 Louisville ^
(13) Texas A&M ^
(33) Auburn ^
(35) South Carolina - bye
(38) Arkansas ^
(44) Florida vs Vanderbilt21-1738-14
(53) Mississippi State vs W. Michigan40-341-28
(112) Vanderbilt ^

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You have us winning vs Vandy--barely.
Assuming you are right (I WAS hoping we could show a LITTLE more offense than your predicted score implies, and in so doing find some small bit of encouragement there, but now comes news that our best RB--already underused to the detriment of the offense's performance--AND top young O-Lineman are both "banged up" and will be sitting this one out), based on what we've seen thus far I'm not seeing a whole lot of additional win-opportunities on the remaining portion of our schedule.
Bottom line conclusion:
We will UNDERSHOOT preseason assessments, and almost certainly finish 2023 with a losing record. If that in turn adversely affects recruiting in ANY WAY, all bets are OFF...
The "Billy Experiment" may well be over MUCH sooner than expected.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That last was posted on Wednesday...
It is now Saturday morning; I was HOPING to find the usual "Gator/Commodore Gameday" thread already established here by E--, with opening comments I could "respond to"/"play OFF of" already in place...
Instead, I find myself mired in a forelign media circus:
I flick past the Saturday morning CFB/SEC channels only to immediately, inescapeably encounter irritating soundbites from "the usual suspects" as I quickly sweep by--not "quickly" enough, obviously.
I will not dane to repeat their intentionally provocative inanities--DESIGNED to raise hackles, start arguments.
So much for my "College Football Saturday". I have switched over to the dubious "entertainment" now offered on what has come to be the (in my view) MIS-named "History Channel"--folks like Wm. Shattner presiding over spooky paranormal tales.
It has come to this: Killing TIME until our 3pm kickoff in the Swamp.
Yes, I WILL watch--the 1st quarter at LEAST.
However, I will NOT suffer another sloppy beat down. So we will SEE.

Escambia94

That last was posted on Wednesday...
It is now Saturday morning; I was HOPING to find the usual "Gator/Commodore Gameday" thread already established here by E--, with opening comments I could "respond to"/"play OFF of" already in place...
Instead, I find myself mired in a forelign media circus:
I flick past the Saturday morning CFB/SEC channels only to immediately, inescapeably encounter irritating soundbites from "the usual suspects" as I quickly sweep by--not "quickly" enough, obviously.
I will not dane to repeat their intentionally provocative inanities--DESIGNED to raise hackles, start arguments.
So much for my "College Football Saturday". I have switched over to the dubious "entertainment" now offered on what has come to be the (in my view) MIS-named "History Channel"--folks like Wm. Shattner presiding over spooky paranormal tales.
It has come to this: Killing TIME until our 3pm kickoff in the Swamp.
Yes, I WILL watch--the 1st quarter at LEAST.
However, I will NOT suffer another sloppy beat down. So we will SEE.

That is the game day thread. I am not putting score predictions in the official game threads anymore. There is too much information changing last minute to make a prediction with the analysis. For example, on the OGT I just posted that a few hours ago several Gators were declared out. This does not affect the top 25 and SEC score predictions because these are all wild guesses not grounded in analysis.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

That is the game day thread. I am not putting score predictions in the official game threads anymore. There is too much information changing last minute to make a prediction with the analysis. For example, on the OGT I just posted that a few hours ago several Gators were declared out. This does not affect the top 25 and SEC score predictions because these are all wild guesses not grounded in analysis.
Sorry--Didn't SEE anywhere to put that last post:
(Sheepishly) FORGOT about this Vandy gameday thread, overlooked it somehow at the time too. I am ALL fouled up!

Escambia94

Georgia Tech (2-3) capitalizes on Miami blunder and defeats 17th ranked Hurricanes (4-0) 23-20. Miami had possession of the ball and a 3-point lead over Georgia Tech, while the Yellow Jackets had no timeouts left with under a minute to play. Instead of taking a knee and ending the game, Cristobal decided to run the ball, and his team fumbled. Georgia Tech recovered and then proceeded to go 74 yards in 26 seconds and win the game with a last-second TD.

Oregon fans will remember a similar thing happening to them on 2018 with the Ducks playing Stanford at home, Oregon had a chance to kneel the ball and end the game. Instead, Cristobal decided to run it, and CJ Verdell fumbled. Stanford recovered, and went on to kick a game-tying field goal, ultimately winning the game in overtime.

Escambia94

#12 Oklahoma’s QB Dillon Gabriel connected with WR Nic Anderson for a 3-yard touchdown with 15 seconds left as the Sooners won a battle of unbeatens 34-30 over #3 Texas on Saturday in their last matchup at the State Fair of Texas as Big 12 members before moving to the Southeastern Conference. The SEC might be in some trouble next year if two of the best teams are former Big 12 members. Add in feisty Missouri occasionally good Texas A&M and we might be looking at a hostile takeover.

Escambia94

LSU QB Jayden Daniels was amazing in the shootout between the Tigers with #23 LSU barely escaping a game they should have lost against #21 Missouri.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
#12 Oklahoma’s QB Dillon Gabriel connected with WR Nic Anderson for a 3-yard touchdown with 15 seconds left as the Sooners won a battle of unbeatens 34-30 over #3 Texas on Saturday in their last matchup at the State Fair of Texas as Big 12 members before moving to the Southeastern Conference. The SEC might be in some trouble next year if two of the best teams are former Big 12 members. Add in feisty Missouri occasionally good Texas A&M and we might be looking at a hostile takeover.
So much for the supposed epitaph being written for SEC domination, though. The CFB landscape was about to radically change in any case. However, a certain status quo will apparently be maintained after all: the SEC will continue to stand above the rest, SEVERAL of its top teams making the expanded "CFB Playoff" system each year REGARDLESS of its final form.
Yes, it's "original teams" will face new challenges and rivals, but our task remains the same:
Build and KEEP a program that annually competes at the highest level--the rest will take care of itself over time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema