• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 5: Top 25 and SEC Scores

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
This week features a few ranked matchups: Utah at Oregon State, Notre Dame at Duke, and LSU at Ole Miss. Florida starts goes back on the road for the first time since Utah.

Post game edit:
The college football landscape is starting to take shape. Georgia survived a scare from Auburn. The Dawgs look beatable by any of the true contenders. Texas had a slow start but eventually pulled away. Colorado put up a much better fight than anticipated. Coach Prime is showing that he is the real deal. Utah is falling apart and sorely misses Cam Rising. Notre Dame held on to beat Duke in this week’s most expensive game to watch in terms of ticket prices. Alabama is still a mystery as QB Jalen Milroe blows hot and cold more than any other QB I can recall. Ole Miss pulled off the only major upset of the day despite some of the best pinpoint passing I have ever seen from LSU QB Jayden Daniels. The game between Tennessee and South Carolina provided some hope to Florida fans that although the SEC East is trash that Florida might be able to dig some wins out—just not against Kentucky, which completely overmatched Florida in all phases of the game today.
MatchupPredictionResult
#1 Georgia @ Auburn42-1727-20
#2 Michigan @ Nebraska32-1045-7
#3 Texas vs #24 Kansas36-3240-14
#4 Ohio Statebye
#5 FSUbye
#6 Penn State @ Northwestern36-1041-13
#7 Washington vs Arizona42-1431-24
#8 USC @ Colorado45-1748-41
#9 Oregon @ Stanford48-1042-6
#10 Utah@ #19 Oregon State21-327-21
#11 Notre Dame @ #17 Duke32-2121-14
#12 Alabama @ Mississippi State34-340-17
#13 LSU @ #20 Ole Miss34-3049-55
#14 Oklahoma vs Iowa State36-1350-20
#15 North Carolinabye
#16 Washington Statebye
#17 ^^
#18 Miamibye
#19 ^^
#20 ^^
#21 Tennessee vs South Carolina32-3041-20
#22 Florida @ Kentucky21-1714-33
#23 Missouri @ Vanderbilt21-1038-21
#24 ^^
#25 Fresno State vs Nevada32-327-9
Texas A&M @ Arkansas30-2434-22

Last edited:

Escambia94

Future opponents Missouri and Vanderbilt battled to a 38-21 score. For reference, the stat lines between Florida and Kentucky looked somewhat similar, except Vanderbilt scored more points.
StatMIZVAN
Score3821
1st Downs2815
3rd down efficiency6-122-10
4th down efficiency0-11-2
Total Yards532300
Passing395259
Comp-Att33-4120-31
Yards per pass9.68.4
Interceptions thrown01
Rushing13741
Rushing Attempts3420
Yards per rush4.02.1
Penalties9-754-25
Turnovers11
Fumbles lost10
Interceptions thrown01
Possession35:5824:02

Escambia94

South Carolina did not look very good against Tennessee.
StatSCTENN
Score2041
1st Downs1124
3rd down efficiency2-147-15
4th down efficiency2-51-1
Total Yards333477
Passing201239
Comp-Att25-3621-32
Yards per pass5.67.5
Interceptions thrown12
Rushing132238
Rushing Attempts2740
Yards per rush4.96.0
Penalties5-357-58
Turnovers12
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown12
Possession30:1529:45
For comparison, here is the box score for Florida vs Tennessee. By the transitive property, Florida does look better than South Carolina.
UFTENN
Score2916
1st Downs2117
3rd down efficiency7-148-15
4th down efficiency0-10-3
Total Yards349387
Passing166287
Comp-Att19-2420-34
Yards per pass6.98.4
Interceptions thrown01
Rushing183100
Rushing Attempts4330
Yards per rush4.33.3
Penalties5-0310-79
Turnovers01
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown01
Possession37:2822:32

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yesterday I watched a Gator squad thoroughly BEAT ITSELF. At this point in the second year of our "new Coach's complete rebuild" I feel we have seen enough of our own up'n'down play, and that of our once and future scheduled opponents, to say that this is a Gator team making somewhat miniscule progress--two steps forward, one-and-a-half-PLUS steps back--and is eminently capable of doing EITHER (winning OR losing badly) against all but the elite teams--the latter I fear they will simply lay DOWN for.
This is, thus far, the kind of team I most hate to find us having represent us: One that stirs increments of hope, only to shatter those (and make us feel foolish for even harboring them) in the very next outting.
At the moment, it is difficult for me to envision even FOLLOWING this program for the rest of this season. Oh, I am sure I WILL...but I will also endeavor to PROTECT MYSELF EMOTIONALLY the rest of the way as well.
I suggest the rest of you try to do the same.
For sanity's sake alone.
This is simply NOT a good team.
Not yet. Maybe not ever, at the current rate.

Escambia94

The college football landscape is starting to take shape. Georgia survived a scare from Auburn. The Dawgs look beatable by any of the true contenders. Texas had a slow start but eventually pulled away. Colorado put up a much better fight than anticipated. Coach Prime is showing that he is the real deal. Utah is falling apart and sorely misses Cam Rising. Notre Dame held on to beat Duke in this week’s most expensive game to watch in terms of ticket prices. Alabama is still a mystery as QB Jalen Milroe blows hot and cold more than any other QB I can recall. Ole Miss pulled off the only major upset of the day despite some of the best pinpoint passing I have ever seen from LSU QB Jayden Daniels. The game between Tennessee and South Carolina provided some hope to Florida fans that although the SEC East is trash that Florida might be able to dig some wins out—just not against Kentucky, which completely overmatched Florida in all phases of the game today.

The Gators are likely headed to a 5-7 or 6-6 record this season. The victory over Tennessee may have been a fluke, or more accurately attributed to our 12th man—the Swamp. Napier does not know how to coach a team on the road, which is alarming since the Gators have 3 more true road games and a neutral site matchup against the defending national champion. The Gators are slightly better than they were a year ago, but most of their opponents got better than Florida—even in a down year for the SEC. Optimistically there are 4 reasonable wins possible to get to 7-5. Realistically the Gators look like trash and will not get better unless Napier pulls his head out of his ass and tweaks the offensive play calling strategy right now and gives an on-field defensive coach some special teams duties.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The all-too-predictable and expected din of "Fire the Coach!" is of course rising out of Gainesville and throughout Gator Nation today...
The sad part for ME PERSONALLY is that given the true realities of the visible and available evidence, there is a certain portion of the criticism that I must agree with.
The point about him not being able to take our team on the road resonates. Still no OC to help our stubborn Coach upgrade an offense stuck mainly in a "cloud-of-DUST"-mentality that is weekly wasting what has turned out to be some powerful talent, instead steadily deteriorating into a "loose collection of potent weapons" whose potential is so far mainly unrealized.
Still no Special Teams Coach, just a guy named "Couch" with some weird bureaucratic title sitting watching FILM of it all in a different city, for God's sake: It's just one more stubborn absurdity ...ANOTHER stupid personal foul penalty turns a 4th down change-of-possession into a first down for the opponent--and Davis runs 75 yards to put them up 17-0 on that very next "bonus play" (that's when I turned the game OFF, by the way--still in the first quarter!).
Look, I know what a disaster this whole teetering house-of-cards will truly be if we are forced into abandoning "The Napier Experiment" now, this EARLY in what was ALWAYS somewhat of a "patient gamble"...I KNOW most of these shallow young spoiled, entitled and short-attention-spanned Gator fans, and the latest generation of "We want what we want and we want it NOW!!!" rabble-rousing online media mouths egging them on, look at Deion and the suddenly quick-change upheavals taking place seemingly on a daily basis nowadays in college football, and think that simply "fire/hire, repeat as necessary--eventually find the latest flavor-of-the-moment" is somehow a viable path to organizational success and stability, but WE know it isn't so.
Our Coach was never a Saint, nor is he now some bumbling Sinner. I don't KNOW how or why he has gotten bogged down, trapped in a seeming "blind alley" where certain clear difficulties are somehow currently beyond his power to see his way clear of...He NEEDS HELP--and must somehow grit his teeth and ACCEPT IT IN SOME FORM.
It is that simple--AND that "hard", at least for some. But if he doesn't, this can all only end badly.
The scary part is that I really believe that he must act positively and decisively NOW--in clear fashion THIS WEEK, the sooner the better.
I just don't know if Billy has that dynamic IN him. Does he even SEE THE NEED? Have a plan, can move quickly to reinvigorate this team and program? HIS "TEAM AND PROGRAM"!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema