• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 12: Florida Gators vs Missouri Tigers 11/20/2021

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Welp. In all kinds of weather.

Attachments

• CFB26349-2910-4DF4-99A0-5C90DF6EC5C8.jpeg
    CFB26349-2910-4DF4-99A0-5C90DF6EC5C8.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 65

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...and, predictably, we lose by a 2-pointer, in overtime:
They go for it to win—after OUR Coach “plays-it-safe” straight into oblivion.
Fuck it. Put me on the “Fire the Coach!” side after this one.
We are in for a LOOOOOONG March back—and this Coach doesn’t seem to realize that “nipping Samford” and “taking Mizzou to overtime” isn’t “progress”.
I just d
After that game and Mullen not even trying to win at the end, I'm done with Mullen. He's lost the team and he's lost me.
Exactly.
I don’t see anything changing anytime soon with this guy now.
Sorry, Gators: We are SUNK.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Looks like the Florida-Florida State game will be the winner goes to a Bowl Game.
Sad. I mean, we KNEW FSU was floundering...Time to “Face Facts” regarding OUR program now.
Frankly, I ALWAYS wanna beat the Noles—but aside from that this is as close to not CARING how that one turns out as I have EVER been.
I am pretty well done with Mullen now regardless; even if we win, I now feel that he really HAS “lost the team”—and why not? He repeatedly shows he doesn’t believe in THEM; Why should they believe in HIM?
I found myself thinking in the little while I watched the 2nd half today, “What might Lane Kiffen do with these QBs, this offense?” He sure as HELL wouldn’t have been “shooting for a tie in the 4th”!!!
I mean, given that our D WAS the more consistent unit this time out, why NOT go for the lead and TRY TO HOLD IT??!
YOU STILL GOT WEAPONS, Dan!
Sigh...but no.
Ugh...THAT was ugly.
And now I just feel dirty, need a shower and a tired, depressed nap.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94,
I know you WERE on the “Give-Coach-another-season” side of the ledger coming INTO this one...So was I—but after us not merely losing, but doing so in the WAY that we did, at the direct hands of the decisions repeatedly made by Mullen HIMSELF, that “play-for-the-tie” 4th quarter culminating in us first GOING for overtime, then letting THEM get the shot at beating US with the 2-pointer—well, E—, I was wondering:
Do you STILL feel that way?
I’m not sure I do.
I admit it: I’m ALL OVER THE PLACE with this business, these questions and contradictions in what we are seeing in our Coach now—but overall I find just so much of whatever respect I had for him to be strained to the limit by now, frankly all but thoroughly GONE. The only “last little bit” has more to not seeing a whole lot in the way of hopeful immediate alternatives than anything else.
Unless/until someone or something ︅surfaces to offer more, I suppose I won’t squawk either way—whether we replace him now or not.
But really, I’d like to THINK that we have “insiders” with more insight, brains and information than I who are seeing the same things WE are but are better equipped to see and ACT on it!
So if they DON’T, here’s hoping it is for good reason.
The FACT that they don’t, IF they don’t, would then presumably be a sign that there really ISN’T any “easy way out” right now...in which case, all we GOT for the time being would BE to “not back down”!
How best to FOLLOW that advice remains the question.
Our Coach sure hasn’t—he most ASSUREDLY and REPEATEDLY “backed down” today!
I am admittedly so disheartened at this point that I look to the handful of other “saner heads” I have found here at GE to help fill out some “perspective”. Hell, even Miami has come further faster BACK than our own meteoric DROP.
We are a tangled, stinking mess right now.
There are consequences to that kind of mismanagement, don’t you think?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Like I said in other posts: Dan Mullen is the best coach for Florida at this time and the floor is 5-7 in 2021 and 6-6 in 2022 for him to get fired—not counting incidents such as fake death threats like Jim McElwain or Title IX investigations like Ed Orgeron.

However, if this administration decided to double the football recruiting budget and increase its football recruiting salaries by 10% then I would say that Florida is ready to build a winning football program and not give any excuses. What I mean is that we can harp on Mullen for his lack of recruiting but he is given a recruiting budget of $1.271M, which is #14 in the nation, but a third of the Georgia, Alabama, and Clemson budget and close to half of the Arkansas budget. Note that Florida spends less on recruiting than FSU, LSU, and Tennessee and about the same as equally struggling Texas. In terms of coaching salaries Florida is behind in spending by about 10%. Mullen does not need the “I do not have enough budget” excuse to explain his bad coaching decisions, but at the same time he is the best man for the job unless the administration accepts responsibility to provide resources that it takes to win.

TLDR: Florida gets what it pays for and Mullen is the best coach at this level of investment.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Like I said in other posts: Dan Mullen is the best coach for Florida at this time and the floor is 5-7 in 2021 and 6-6 in 2022 for him to get fired—not counting incidents such as fake death threats like Jim McElwain or Title IX investigations like Ed Orgeron.

However, if this administration decided to double the football recruiting budget and increase its football recruiting salaries by 10% then I would say that Florida is ready to build a winning football program and not give any excuses. What I mean is that we can harp on Mullen for his lack of recruiting but he is given a recruiting budget of $1.271M, which is #14 in the nation, but a third of the Georgia, Alabama, and Clemson budget and close to half of the Arkansas budget. Note that Florida spends less on recruiting than FSU, LSU, and Tennessee and about the same as equally struggling Texas. In terms of coaching salaries Florida is behind in spending by about 10%. Mullen does not need the “I do not have enough budget” excuse to explain his bad coaching decisions, but at the same time he is the best man for the job unless the administration accepts responsibility to provide resources that it takes to win.

TLDR: Florida gets what it pays for and Mullen is the best coach at this level of investment.
I’d pretty well reached the same conclusion BEFORE yesterday—and, in spite of everything hadn’t COMPLETELY come off of it last night...
But this morning came the news back-channel (“Mullen out—announcement coming later...”), and the dye was cast.
Our only hope now is embodied at the end of your last post here:
We damn well better be ready to open up the vault and pay WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET THE BEST GUY OUT THERE! (“GuyS”, really: Like you’ve been saying, we need a “managing Executive Director of a Coach, who will bring in “the best” assistants and OVERSEE their smooth and competent running of their squads and/or areas-of-expertise.)
I just wonder if there’s anyone currently available who will actually PAY OFF!!!
It’s our only hope; failing that, we descend into total chaos until that person (and/or personS) become available.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema